Did math, Khepri wins.
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2012-07-31 13:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

edit ^ by how much?

Fun fact: I was in the middle of a set of Bot Rex when I got the saio.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-31 14:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the math with ideal set and no buffs, won by a bit less than 100 dmg. Gap should be wider with buffs on.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-07-31 14:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun fact: I'm pretty sure I burned down a developer’s ancestor’s village in a prior life.

I've never won anything and my drop rates blow well beyond “abysmal” and into the realm of “math has stopped understanding why you don’t have this drop by now.” It is, of course, a statistical possibility to go through so many mobs without getting drops. But it’s really, really bloody difficult to do.

Edit: and this is happening at an obscene level...twice in one house. Between my wife and I we are EASILY 0/1500 on Mekira body. And that's just one example.

And on topic: Great. Now I can not only feel bad about not having what was thought to be the best weaponskill piece in the Saio, I can now feel worse about not only not having the abjuration for that body, but also for not paying through the nose for the -1 body and whatever it takes to augment.

The gear situation in this game really is starting to piss me off in ways someone shouldn't rage over a game.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2012-07-31 14:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing I don't have an ideal set.

Saio is still pretty good, I just have something better to work towards still.
 Carbuncle.Shaxat
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shaxat 2012-08-09 03:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got WF and i've been using a very good gear exactly this set:

The thing is i just keep getting a lot of random resists on VW mobs, like sometimes i do WF for 300 and then for 3k. I dunno if this is normal for the ws or what cause it's kind irritating to see a decent gear set with atmacites getting resisted a lot.
 Bahamut.Havelock
Server: Bahamut
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2012-08-09 03:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Only few VW mobs consisntently resist WF as far as i remember (Quilin, Voidwrough, Ildebrann for sure), otherwise you should get pretty consistent numbers though resists occasionally occur on all mobs.
I remember reading that WF accuracy depends on marks skill somewhere but cant remember where - is your skill capped ?
 Carbuncle.Shaxat
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shaxat 2012-08-09 04:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe that could be it, Marks is 390 atm but other than that I wouldn't know. Was doing Pil and and Kala though.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-09 04:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalasutrax can gain a strong DT- when some stances go off. Anyway, cap the skill.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-08-09 05:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Grab a peacemaker and some cheap ammo and go cap skill on buffalo in aby ulegerand in a couple hours without skillup food, good opportunity to level up your parry too.

I still love my Saio+get alot of examines+compliments, but yeah im alittle sad I dont have a khepri now with seeing that WS% aug. Its also really pretty :3
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-09 05:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate everyone with a Tessera Saio.
[+]
By leva 2012-08-09 05:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the difference between Vulcan's and the new combined HQ staff? I know of course the 5 AGI, but how does the Irridance effect WF? It is an extra 10% at all times or only on fire day/weather?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-09 05:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Only during weather.
Also it allows you to deal full dmg with all other QD shots if needed, which is a nice bonus!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-09 07:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I hate everyone with a Tessera Saio.

This a thousand times over.

I got ANOTHER abjuration for a whm body the other night, though! *vacant stare*

And you can't even turn them into tatters... :(
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-09-18 04:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Prov Watcher hates me, never gives me anything, not to mention someone jacked the Jacket-1 from a bonecrafter's bazzar as I was making a deal with him for 99,999,999g too....... FML !
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-18 04:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You really would have paid 100M for it?
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-09-18 04:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I was offering him 70m, someone jacked it from his bazzar for 99,999,999g, but yes I would have bought it for 100m if I knew it was going to be jacked.

100m isnt much for me , and Jacket -1 is very rare to find (Least on odin)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-18 04:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

He was making a deal to get a better price, then someone snagged it from the crafers bazaar for capped gil:p

Edit: Beaten!
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-18 04:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Must be nice to have THAT much gil lol. Fair enough.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-18 04:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
He was making a deal to get a better price, then someone snagged it from the crafers bazaar for capped gil:p

99,999,999 is far from capped gil though, but yeah I got the gist of it :P
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-18 04:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

99,999,999 is far from capped gil though, but yeah I got the gist of it :P

It's capped gil as far as bazaaring goes!
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-18 05:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I had an LS mate tell me 99,999,999 WAS capped gil, not just bazaar.. and they argued this crap for a long while before calling ME the idiot...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Hyabusa
Server: Siren
user: Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2012-10-20 13:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

PW bodies remain out of reach so I have to use either Loki's or Mirke for WF. I've been using Mirke since finishing Arma because I only got Loki's to drop just yesterday. I see a lot of people saying Loki > Mirke, and i haven't tested it yet, but I was a bit confused.

Mirke has 5 AGI and 4 MAB, shouldn't it take atleast 13 AGI to defeat it? Loki only has 11 and I see people using it over Mirke. Am I bananas?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-20 20:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Hyabusa said: »
PW bodies remain out of reach so I have to use either Loki's or Mirke for WF. I've been using Mirke since finishing Arma because I only got Loki's to drop just yesterday. I see a lot of people saying Loki > Mirke, and i haven't tested it yet, but I was a bit confused.

Mirke has 5 AGI and 4 MAB, shouldn't it take atleast 13 AGI to defeat it? Loki only has 11 and I see people using it over Mirke. Am I bananas?

If you have a lot of MAB higher AGI may win, and vice versa.
 Asura.Kurriko
Server: Asura
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2012-10-21 04:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Siren.Hyabusa said: »

If you have a lot of MAB higher AGI may win, and vice versa.
In abyssea, Loki probably would. Outside, Mirke pretty much always does.

Only time it doesn't is if you need the STP on Loki's for Wildfire, at which point Mirke>Loki is one of the better STP trade offs.
 Asura.Leairc
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-10-25 05:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

1MAB = 2.5AGL

~Ninjabomb and poof~
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-10-25 21:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So i finally got an Armageddon 85 and am considering pushing it to 90 but since WF ignores ammo/base weapon damage, the upgrade from 85->90 looks pretty meh.

That being said, is 85->90 the same as adding 2mab/5agi for WF, or is there something with aftermath potency/ occ DD procrate that improves bumping it up to 90?

I dont have a large or highly active LS that can grind out a bunch of isgebind hearts in a weekend which is why im second guessing the upgrade since it would take me quite awhile.

Guessing i'd maybe get an extra 100 or so WF damage in voidwatch from the upgrade?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-26 01:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
So i finally got an Armageddon 85 and am considering pushing it to 90 but since WF ignores ammo/base weapon damage, the upgrade from 85->90 looks pretty meh.

That being said, is 85->90 the same as adding 2mab/5agi for WF, or is there something with aftermath potency/ occ DD procrate that improves bumping it up to 90?

I dont have a large or highly active LS that can grind out a bunch of isgebind hearts in a weekend which is why im second guessing the upgrade since it would take me quite awhile.

Guessing i'd maybe get an extra 100 or so WF damage in voidwatch from the upgrade?

You don't need a large LS for it, you only need 2 ppl, if you can 85 it hard to understand why you can't 90 it. 90 may be even easier than 85 when needing 1 KI too.

85---->90 makes a difference for TP phrase(which is more noticeable outside of VW), QD dmg and last stand dmg too, it's more than just 5 AGI for WF.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [643 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-31 02:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i agree orobon is pissin me off i will welcome a 1 pop NM lol.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-31 03:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice necro
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21