Whats Your Wish.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » whats your wish.
whats your wish.
 Lakshmi.Giti
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2010-11-13 18:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its about time for SE to give us some attachment upgrades. I hope inside abyssea our puppets get the status effects not just atmas.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sanders
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Sanders
By Gilgamesh.Sanders 2010-11-15 15:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we're okay when it comes to WSs, but I've wondered about whether new attachments might be added. There are a few things our automaton cannot do that could be amended with simply the addition of attachments.

I would like if we could use our automaton for sleep/stun/buffing when under the influence of a certain attachment.

Potentially if when the Spiritreaver has a particular attachment equipped, it does not cast offensive magic. It would stun upon using Deploy with the proper maneuver up (perhaps thunder) and will otherwise use stun in the same fashion the Valoredge times a Shield Bash to prevent an enemy TP move. With this same attachment, a dark maneuver could trigger a sleep cast upon using Deploy or maybe even sleepga. Perhaps another attachment could enable the use of AOE nukes when equipped.

The Stormwaker frame could receive an upgrade to its enfeebling repertoire to include spells like Tier2 debuffs or Gravity and Addle (to have priority over typical spells when using two corresponding maneuvers?).

As for buffing, there could be an attachment for the Soulsoother that enables the casting of Haste/Pro/Shell/Phalanx or barspells (maybe in the potentially risky exchange for the ability to cure?). Curing a party of alliance with the Soulsoother takes decent timing, but as a buffer, this frame could be useful in other scenarios.

For melee frames, Sharpshot could gain a trait similar to Velocity Shot to lower enmity while DDing, and Valoredge could receive a counter (I've given less thought to melee frames).

While attachments in the past have either enhanced the automatons status (acc/atk) or added abilities to its repertoire (stoneskin/flash/blink), it makes a bit of sense to me that the "high level" attachments would alter the automaton's behavior altogether. This could be one attachment that has a differed effect across all of the frames. In the end this all may be far too selfish, asking for our automaton to be ultimately able to do anything other jobs can. But we got Deux Ex Automata, which was hot hot ***to me.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-15 15:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats my wish? Reset the game as it was 2005 :3
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-15 15:24:23