2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » LTB Aurum Cuirass
LTB Aurum Cuirass
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By seiri 2010-11-11 15:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Im on Siren.

Looking for a rough price range for anyone or ls who would be interested in selling this piece within the next few weeks.

Please reply on here for via PM please.

Thanks.
By seiri 2010-11-11 16:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-11 16:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Best thing you can do is work on your own pop set and then try to merc someone to fight your pop. I can't recall the last time I've heard of anyone doing anything ZNM related.

The majority of the gear blows/is out dated. Mythics suck. PW's drops are mostly, if not all crap, etc.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-11 16:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Best thing you can do is work on your own pop set and then try to merc someone to fight your pop. I can't recall the last time I've heard of anyone doing anything ZNM related.

The majority of the gear blows/is out dated. Mythics suck. PW's drops are mostly, if not all crap, etc.

I've seen an 85 mnk with 85 Glanzerfaust... I think that item in particular is still pretty damn nice for RR atma, as well as Kenkonken (sorry for derail..just sayin :P) As far as your aurum body piece...well any mix haste build you can basically just use askar body its only 1 STP less, which is basically what people use it for
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-11 16:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You need 300 tp for occ attack twice, so at 100 tp, you get either acc, or attack, both of which should be approaching or at cap. The extra acc on focus adds nothing in abyssea and dodge for (solo'ing? lol).

As is now, Spharai using Ascetic's fury at 100 tp would beat Glanz using the ws and getting aftermath at 100 tp.

Kenk are still nice, but for mnk or someone with mnk and pup, Vereth are much quicker to get than relics and mythics and blows them both out of the water. Capping Fstr on pup, abyssean will be brought down a notch, but keep in mind you get Victory smite, a stronger WS and occ deal double dmg at 100 tp.

As for overload, only relevant to mage pup at this point in the game. With razed ruin paired with another DD atma, the master does soooo much more dmg than the puppet in any situation that you're meleeing, that I don't even waste the 2 secs of JA delay you get to use maneuvers anymore when pt'ing on pup. I just deploy it and leave it at that.
[+]
By seiri 2010-11-11 16:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Best thing you can do is work on your own pop set and then try to merc someone to fight your pop. I can't recall the last time I've heard of anyone doing anything ZNM related. The majority of the gear blows/is out dated. Mythics suck. PW's drops are mostly, if not all crap, etc.
I've seen an 85 mnk with 85 Glanzerfaust... I think that item in particular is still pretty damn nice for RR atma, as well as Kenkonken (sorry for derail..just sayin :P) As far as your aurum body piece...well any mix haste build you can basically just use askar body its only 1 STP less, which is basically what people use it for

2 STP less, and im looking to cap out atm - i have askar but aurum is slightly better.

And mythics are on par with relics overall - some better some worse.
By seiri 2010-11-11 16:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You need 300 tp for occ attack twice, so at 100 tp, you get either acc, or attack, both of which should be approaching or at cap. The extra acc on focus adds nothing in abyssea and dodge for (solo'ing? lol). As is now, Spharai using Ascetic's fury at 100 tp would beat Glanz using the ws and getting aftermath at 100 tp. Kenk are still nice, but for mnk or someone with mnk and pup, Vereth are much quicker to get than relics and mythics and blows them both out of the water. Capping Fstr on pup, abyssean will be brought down a notch, but keep in mind you get Victory smite, a stronger WS and occ deal double dmg at 100 tp. As for overload, only relevant to mage pup at this point in the game. With razed ruin paired with another DD atma, the master does soooo much more dmg than the puppet in any situation that you're meleeing, that I don't even waste the 2 secs of JA delay you get to use maneuvers anymore when pt'ing on pup. I just deploy it and leave it at that.

Glanz are decent, and focus adds a crit rate boost i believe.

Good mythics: BLM, DRG, DNC, PLD, PUP, BLU, THF.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-11 16:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They're decent, when comparing one of the "big 3" (Mythic, abyssean, relic), they're not even in the race (neither are spharai tbh, but still hold potential as tanking weapons due to the counter boost).

Abyssean: Offensive
Relic: Defensive
Mythic: lol

Anyways, back on topic, you should really try to get as far as you can in a pop set of your own and try to merc someone to fight that. It'll go much quicker.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-11 16:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:

Wat
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-11 16:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
seiri said:

Wat

blm.. no... drg ya i guess but new jumps auto-crit anyways now so meh.. pld no.. dnc not really now with presto.. pup yes, blu no...too much mp generation to warrent that kind of weapon ... thf.. MAYBE if the SA-TA boost is like 25% more dmg lol
By seiri 2010-11-11 17:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
seiri said:
Wat

PLD - show me a higher PDT weapon and add in the -enmity decay.

DNC - full set of finishing moves from a single step (at 85), as well as step acc.

DRG - requires the right set up but still.

BLU - macc builds.

PUP - show me a better weap for any situation.

THF - boost to SA/TA dmg

BLM - I believe this is beaten by the lv85 magian trails actually...not 100%.

Forgot to add, smn. -6perp for any ava and 30 pet matt...yeh
By seiri 2010-11-11 17:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
They're decent, when comparing one of the "big 3" (Mythic, abyssean, relic), they're not even in the race (neither are spharai tbh, but still hold potential as tanking weapons due to the counter boost). Abyssean: Offensive Relic: Defensive Mythic: lol Anyways, back on topic, you should really try to get as far as you can in a pop set of your own and try to merc someone to fight that. It'll go much quicker.

Already gotten 2 pop items for it and failed to get drop. Sorta bored now so just looking to pay.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-11 17:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:

Dealing damage.
[+]
By seiri 2010-11-11 17:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
seiri said:
Wat
blm.. no... drg ya i guess but new jumps auto-crit anyways now so meh.. pld no.. dnc not really now with presto.. pup yes, blu no...too much mp generation to warrent that kind of weapon ... thf.. MAYBE if the SA-TA boost is like 25% more dmg lol

I believe Vajra is 10% per tier so at tier 3, 30%. Not 100% there.
Blm i corrected myself.
Blu is situational.
DNC is amazing, but thats my opinion.
PLD 85, -14% PDT...
By seiri 2010-11-11 17:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
seiri said:
Dealing damage.

Right, ok i stand corrected. For melee dmg those do beat mythic. However i have yet to see a pup hold its own on pure melee dmg, but have seen plenty of brilliant nuker pups. In which case, Mythic and swap to pet matt trial claws for nukes.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-11 17:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You haven't seen razed ruins and victory smite in action. In abyssea, a pup with could contend with top tier DD.

Mnk war and nin (no particular order) atm w/ their abyssean weapons are insane in abyssea. Everything else is quite a bit behind.

With razed ruins, pup is definitely on competing terms when it comes to DD'ing.

As for not having a pup hold it's own, I present a parse from my last party.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1WfbdIhfJw4Ysi3iFc7j0LVDa9Kz4d6EEcv-HgbuSF0M

My pup was 76 starting that pt and 79 ending, the only pt member under lv 80
[+]
By seiri 2010-11-11 17:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You haven't seen razed ruins and victory smite in action. In abyssea, a pup with could contend with top tier DD. Mnk war and nin (no particular order) atm w/ their abyssean weapons are insane in abyssea. Everything else is quite a bit behind. With razed ruins, pup is definitely on competing terms when it comes to DD'ing. As for not having a pup hold it's own, I present a parse from my last party. https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1WfbdIhfJw4Ysi3iFc7j0LVDa9Kz4d6EEcv-HgbuSF0M My pup was 76 starting that pt and 79 ending, the only pt member under lv 80

Interesting...thats pretty nice. Well as i said, i havent seen one but i'll accept that pup has potential.
By seiri 2010-11-11 17:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on topic...anyone want to sell the cuirass? ha.
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-11-11 17:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
seiri said:
Wat

DNC - full set of finishing moves from a single step (at 85), as well as step acc.

BLU - macc builds.

THF - boost to SA/TA dmg

Can't really comment on the rest because I can't be assed to look them up but Burtgang kinda sucks. Shamshir+1 is 9% PDT and won't cost you 90 mil in Alex and however long it takes you to get all the trophies. Enmity is easy to cap without it and most of PLD's enmity comes from Atonement spam anyway, which Joyeuse is better suited to. Pretty sure Excalibur is also better than Burtgang (too bad additional effect procs don't generate enmity). Granted it looks a little better at 85, but you can get a better effect for 10k with an Earth Staff.
By seiri 2010-11-11 17:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rorrick said:
seiri said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
seiri said:
Wat
PLD - show me a higher PDT weapon and add in the -enmity decay. DNC - full set of finishing moves from a single step (at 85), as well as step acc. DRG - requires the right set up but still. BLU - macc builds. PUP - show me a better weap for any situation. THF - boost to SA/TA dmg BLM - I believe this is beaten by the lv85 magian trails actually...not 100%. Forgot to add, smn. -6perp for any ava and 30 pet matt...yeh
Can't really comment on the rest because I can't be assed to look them up but Burtgang kinda sucks. Shamshir+1 is 9% PDT and won't cost you 90 mil in Alex and however long it takes you to get all the trophies. Enmity is easy to cap without it and most of PLD's enmity comes from Atonement spam anyway, which Joyeuse is better suited to. Pretty sure Excalibur is also better than Burtgang (too bad additional effect procs don't generate enmity). Granted it looks a little better at 85, but you can get a better effect for 10k with an Earth Staff.

Simply put, unless your about ready to finish capping out your job, you shouldnt look into actually getting a relic OR mythic. As such, both are for finishing your jobs, and 5% boost from sham+1 to burt (85) is huge.

Excalibur is generally better for dmg, i'll grant, but for a turtle build burt is the best mainhand piece, no exceptions. And earth staff forbids the use of a shield - aegis anyone?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-11 17:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:

Simply put, unless your about ready to finish capping out your job, you shouldnt look into actually getting a relic OR mythic. As such, both are for finishing your jobs, and 5% boost from sham+1 to burt (85) is huge.

Excalibur is generally better for dmg, i'll grant, but for a turtle build burt is the best mainhand piece, no exceptions. And earth staff forbids the use of a shield - aegis anyone?

5% is not huge, it's a bad sword, no offensive abilities -> directly proportional to enmity attainment -> proportional to damage taken. As for PDT you can cap it without having to go all the way to Burtgang +1.

Ridiculously small sidegrade != good weapon
[+]
By seiri 2010-11-11 17:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
seiri said:
Simply put, unless your about ready to finish capping out your job, you shouldnt look into actually getting a relic OR mythic. As such, both are for finishing your jobs, and 5% boost from sham+1 to burt (85) is huge. Excalibur is generally better for dmg, i'll grant, but for a turtle build burt is the best mainhand piece, no exceptions. And earth staff forbids the use of a shield - aegis anyone?
5% is not huge, it's a bad sword, no offensive abilities -> directly proportional to enmity attainment -> proportional to damage taken. As for PDT you can cap it without having to go all the way to Burtgang +1. Ridiculously small sidegrade != good weapon

Burtgang would allow you to swap out valhalla helm (i believe this features in your set?) for creed +2. It would also allow the loss of items like askar feet, the -3PDT waist etc. Im also not considering earth staff builds as a viable combination for most fights, where as you say, atonement is a primary source of hate.

Also for base dmg, burt beats sham+1 - 60dmg 264dly vs 52dmg 230dly. DoT issues aside, saying that burt has no offensive ability is wrong, it actually has the same base dmg as excal(85), although higher delay.

Edit: You say 5% isnt huge - ASA legs -4% PDT, creed legs +2 -5% PDT and plenty of people have gone gaga over creed, a 1% boost and lolDEF.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-11 17:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Excalibur wouldn't have any offensive abilities without the add effect/damage procs. I'm not saying it has absolutely 0 uses, but I wouldn't go as far as to put it in the "good mythics" category. Even h2h is good then for the Focus/Dodge boost, then swap it out to Vereth (assuming they don't wear off, I don't know). It's that small.
By seiri 2010-11-11 17:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Excalibur wouldn't have any offensive abilities without the add effect/damage procs. I'm not saying it has absolutely 0 uses, but I wouldn't go as far as to put it in the "good mythics" category. Even h2h is good then for the Focus/Dodge boost, then swap it out to Vereth (assuming they don't wear off, I don't know). It's that small.

Its for capping out your job. As i said earlier. If your not in a position to finish capping PLD, dont get burt. Im saying that its a brilliant piece, but not a 'must have' easy obtain piece like the trial swords.

Edit: Misunderstood your meaning of offensive abilities. Excal also has +att. Meh, side issue.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-11 18:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
seiri said:
Wat

BLU - macc builds.

THF - boost to SA/TA dmg

Why isn't COR mythic on this list?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-11 18:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

cuz the wildfire gun Armageddon is fierce yo hehe
By seiri 2010-11-11 18:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
seiri said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
seiri said:
Wat
PLD - show me a higher PDT weapon and add in the -enmity decay. DNC - full set of finishing moves from a single step (at 85), as well as step acc. DRG - requires the right set up but still. BLU - macc builds. PUP - show me a better weap for any situation. THF - boost to SA/TA dmg BLM - I believe this is beaten by the lv85 magian trails actually...not 100%. Forgot to add, smn. -6perp for any ava and 30 pet matt...yeh
Why isn't COR mythic on this list?

Death penalty is a quickdraw gun. Im also not sure how +30dmg compares to some of the other options around, hence i didnt include it in the list.
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-11-11 18:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
seiri said:
Simply put, unless your about ready to finish capping out your job, you shouldnt look into actually getting a relic OR mythic. As such, both are for finishing your jobs, and 5% boost from sham+1 to burt (85) is huge. Excalibur is generally better for dmg, i'll grant, but for a turtle build burt is the best mainhand piece, no exceptions. And earth staff forbids the use of a shield - aegis anyone?
5% is not huge, it's a bad sword, no offensive abilities -> directly proportional to enmity attainment -> proportional to damage taken. As for PDT you can cap it without having to go all the way to Burtgang +1. Ridiculously small sidegrade != good weapon

Burtgang would allow you to swap out valhalla helm (i believe this features in your set?) for creed +2. It would also allow the loss of items like askar feet, the -3PDT waist etc. Im also not considering earth staff builds as a viable combination for most fights, where as you say, atonement is a primary source of hate.

Also for base dmg, burt beats sham+1 - 60dmg 264dly vs 52dmg 230dly. DoT issues aside, saying that burt has no offensive ability is wrong, it actually has the same base dmg as excal(85), although higher delay.

Edit: You say 5% isnt huge - ASA legs -4% PDT, creed legs +2 -5% PDT and plenty of people have gone gaga over creed, a 1% boost and lolDEF.

If you honestly need to turtle in PDT you're kiting something in all likelihood, which means you can run in an Earth staff and macro in a shield for Ichi.. The only two things I can think of that I actually fight in PDT are Prudence and Yilbegan. Yilbegan is the only situation I could really see Burtgang be useful, because you can kite Prudence around a bush.

People get giddy over Creed because of the haste, accuracy, enmity and PDT, not the defense. >_>
By seiri 2010-11-11 18:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rorrick said:
seiri said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
seiri said:
Burtgang would allow you to swap out valhalla helm (i believe this features in your set?) for creed +2. It would also allow the loss of items like askar feet, the -3PDT waist etc. Im also not considering earth staff builds as a viable combination for most fights, where as you say, atonement is a primary source of hate. Also for base dmg, burt beats sham+1 - 60dmg 264dly vs 52dmg 230dly. DoT issues aside, saying that burt has no offensive ability is wrong, it actually has the same base dmg as excal(85), although higher delay. Edit: You say 5% isnt huge - ASA legs -4% PDT, creed legs +2 -5% PDT and plenty of people have gone gaga over creed, a 1% boost and lolDEF.
If you honestly need to turtle in PDT you're kiting something in all likelihood, which means you can run in an Earth staff and macro in a shield for Ichi.. The only two things I can think of that I actually fight in PDT are Prudence and Yilbegan. Yilbegan is the only situation I could really see Burtgang be useful, because you can kite Prudence around a bush. People get giddy over Creed because of the haste, accuracy, enmity and PDT, not the defense. >_>

The enmity decrease from taking physical dmg is useful as well. PDT is useful on ANY mob that causes physical dmg. If you can get 5% more in your mainhand slot and thus open another gear slot for something else, then its all the better.
 Siren.Stewie
Server: Siren
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-11-11 18:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
seiri said:
Wat

BLU - macc builds.

THF - boost to SA/TA dmg

Burtgang is horrible compared to Excal or Almace. Vajra is worse than Twashtar and Mandau, and about even with a STR kila+1.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6