Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2010-11-11 17:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You did nothing wrong sis~ =]
Don't worry about a thing. People can be very sensitive and super offended in this game for tiny things~
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-11-11 17:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok, Anye. Just imagine that in RL they all might work for Starbucks, and then the indignant *rage* will properly flow and you will no longer feel remorse for your actions. :p
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-11-11 17:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Newbies don't have the right to be ***. Anye tear em up ;o
[+]
 Cerberus.Nutt
Server: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-11-11 17:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you make a suggestion and it's shot down, LET IT GO!!! You suggested farming(they said they were lazy) and selling crystals which they shot down.

Here's where you over-stepped your boundaries - You told the leader of a linkshell to make his members pay him for power leveling. That was none of your business. That's like coming into my house, and telling me how to clean it to YOUR STANDARDS.

Please understand that everyone is not going to appreciate your suggestions even though they are helpful. With that being said, here's my .02

1. Stop partying in Qufim and the Dunes. These are "newbie" areas and you have no right to whine when they do "newbie" things. You had to learn too, didn't you?

2. Things cost gil. If you are going to complain about someone not having an item, at least OFFER the gil, help get the gil, or help getting said item. Now, you're solution oriented AND you've gained a friend!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-11-11 17:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nutt said:
Once you make a suggestion and it's shot down, LET IT GO!!! You suggested farming(they said they were lazy) and selling crystals which they shot down.

Here's where you over-stepped your boundaries - You told the leader of a linkshell to make his members pay him for power leveling. That was none of your business. That's like coming into my house, and telling me how to clean it to YOUR STANDARDS.

Please understand that everyone is not going to appreciate your suggestions even though they are helpful. With that being said, here's my .02

1. Stop partying in Qufim and the Dunes. These are "newbie" areas and you have no right to whine when they do "newbie" things. You had to learn too, didn't you?

2. Things cost gil. If you are going to complain about someone not having an item, at least OFFER the gil, help get the gil, or help getting said item. Now, you're solution oriented AND you've gained a friend!!
again: this!
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-11-11 17:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You were perfectly legit...I would have said the same thing...

all though i'm a lot meaner....
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-11 17:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kicking someone for giving advise and being a jerk when he tries to apologize.. that's quite a way to show you're a better man, yup
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-11-11 18:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

some people in the game get butt hurt easier than a creationist christian when you tell them that evolution is not a lie.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-11 18:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nutt said:

well put, imo.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2010-11-11 18:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nutt said:

No.

First, Anye's comment about charging for PL was before the person I'll call Lidiot said it was the LS asking it. One *might* have inferred it was the LS asking, before it was stated, but it could have been friends or acquaintances, or what have you. Regardless, Anye's was a simple suggestion, and there's no reason to take offense to a statement like that.

Honestly, if I'm dirt poor, and my friends, LS-mates, what have you ask me to PL them while I'm farming, I'm first going to let them know I'm farming, and need to make the gil, and if they persist, I'd at least ask for help in farming or such, later. Mutual benefit.

As for it overstepping due to the house-cleaning idea, your argument is silly in that the effects of Lidiot's actions are not confined to Lidiot's "house." If your house was next to mine, and your negligence in cleaning it causes not just your house, but the houses nearby, to smell, you'd damned well better believe that I'm going to mention how you should be cleaning your house to prevent your crap from spilling onto my lawn.

Second, being new is not knowing there'd be a reason to keep the items. Arguably, it could be not knowing that it's common practice to not be terrible and plan for it. These people knew of the items, knew they were useful, etc, but simply refused to plan appropriately and bring something that benefits the party.

Not everyone will bring these items to every party, and I'd hesitate to use them in Qufim, but I'd have them in preparation for the possibility, regardless. I've carried these items for as long as I can remember, as it became very obvious as I was leveling, earlier in the game, that DRG doesn't get sneak or invis, and I don't always have someone about to hold my hand.

And lastly... Bwahahahahaha, no. Why should you be imposed upon because your party members are unwilling to plan ahead? If I showed up with a level 1 sub, should I expect everyone in my parties to come help me level it to not gimp it up in this party? Or how about I come naked, and say I just can't afford any gear? Am I excused from doing my job until someone in the party pipes up and hands me some stuff?

No. When you group up with people, it's reasonably expected that you should be prepared to function within the constraints of that group. This isn't the case of some random person absently judging someone, this is the case of Anye being stuck with Lidiot's ill-preparedness, and offering suggestions on how to prepare.

Now, Anye could have been elitist, and simply left when they said they didn't have anything. She could have further drilled in the point about how the person was a drain on the party. Instead, she simply said that Lidiot was letting people down by not being prepared for the party. To be fair, though, it seemed like the party was ill-prepared, in general.

In the end, though, where you really, ultimately failed is: We should refuse to acknowledge the feelings/opinions of anyone who shows up to a party as DNC/BLM.
[+]
 Sylph.Demirtas
Server: Sylph
user: Demirtas
By Sylph.Demirtas 2010-11-11 18:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

She said "its a nice gesture esp if theyre *interrupting your farming*" if theyre that hard pressed for gil its not to hard to say "not this time i need to make some gil to buy necessities" youre implying just because they are a ls leader they need to drop everything theyre doing everytime someone asks for help. if thats the case then people should chip in and buy them the things they cant afford because they are always helping... on the same lines you are saying it would be ok if said person didnt have shihei on ninja *just* because they are a nice person and PLs their ls. No. its common sense.

Quote:
this person clearly wasnt a "newbie" if theyre high enough to PL, and saying its a "newbie" zone gives them the right to sit back and suck it up hardcore?

as for offering to give money, thats not going to solve anything as the person said themselves theyre too lazy to farm. that being said it will prevent this one instance but that person will never learn and always expect people to cover their ***.

Guess you have never had to home point in sky because you didnt have a snk oil eh? :/

anyways if she wanted to be rude she could have commented on the /blm... cuz u know thats sho shick on dnc

just my 0.02
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-11-11 18:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

seriously people.. solo 1~30 its faster than partying >_>
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-11 18:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

going as dnc/blm is selfish let alone the fact that it's useless. someone that is selfish like that shouldn't be allowed to even *** and because he is i find it pretty funny. ok you're broke then /nin is out of the question, perhaps whm at that level? war? or have dancer's forgot their role at that level? shut the hell up and pull. being insulted by a suggestion which in the long term would save you from frustration and loss of exp later is pretty pathetic. but it's ok if he subbed /blm the only logical reason behind using it would be for D1, and if it is a ls event or what have you are you gonna be like "ah yeah good game guys, you guys got a warp scroll or something? cause im just gonna warp out of here"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-11-11 18:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye, you were incredibly nice, as you always are. And far more so than they deserved considering they created a liability situation. They did not forget to buy them, forget them in their mog house or run out, they just didn't buy them because... I can only assume they think that they can just leech off of others.

There is no reason to refuse to buy basic med supplies. If they forgot them, I'm more than willing to help someone out but someone who just didn't buy them and makes an excuse just makes me wonder why they think they have the money to level a job if they don't have the money for the very basics of meds... Did they even use food?

I honestly would have considered leaving the moment they finished saying all that garbage. Eventually they are going to run in to people who will boot them for being unprepared and likely avoid doing anything with them again because people will no they fail.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-11 19:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

99% of the posts here let me know that Qufim is in fact srs bsns
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-11 19:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nutt said:

#1. How were they gonna learn if Anye didn't speak up?

#2. You're really going to stop in the middle of a party and teach people how to farm, where to farm, and what to farm then go back and party?

Giving gil away is lame imo though, but that's just me.

Anye was too nice lol!
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-11 19:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

that girl must of been on her period.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-11 19:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i really never bought powders or oils till i started doing sky and if i use them outside of sky its b/c i had leftovers. its quite easy to navigate around qufim w/o snk
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2010-11-11 19:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiroineko said:
Honestly I didn't think you were even being rude.. maybe a bit 'snobbish' like someone else said, but that's for lack of a better word.

Tbh I don't care if they were poor because they were too nice and helped people all the time, some things are just too important to skimp over.

Echo Drops, Sneak oils, Invis powders. THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO HAVE THESE AT ALL TIMES, REGARDLESS OF JOB YOU ARE ON

Doesn't matter if the dude showed up naked to a party (viable grounds for kicking however), long as he does his job everything is good :)

Not true.. I didnt have sneak oils, prism powders when I lvl my 16 WHM at Qufim. My whole wealth was like 20k.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2010-11-11 19:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

after being shot down, i would...
the old me would have commented, and offered a half a stack of oils to be nice.
the current me, would just say "they agro sound" and watch them silently gamble their lives in amusement, after

Cerberus.Katsukora
user: Katsukora
By Cerberus.Katsukora 2010-11-11 19:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just gonna say - some people have the common sense, and some don't. Or it just may just be the new generation of players are getting more newbish by the dozen.

My first few months of playing were pretty much a little help here and there from my friend who got me into the game, but then also I had the basic knowledge of knowing what to do from playing previous FF games. Granted it wasn't as easy obtaining gil as it was in the single player games, but still, my first instinct was to sell crap to get money. My friend also later told me about the AH, so yeah, :P

Granted, you did what you felt like you needed to do, which was give suggestions, which they took it more offensively than they really should have. All in all, not everyone is bold enough to admit they suck, which I honestly can say I did back then, cause I never went hardcore on stat gear till my first 60 job.

Course, I had gil by the barrel full back then, just because silk was 30k-40k a stack, >_> So I had it easy, but then stuff was 10x it was back then too. But yeah...I had no excuse not to have Sneak or Invis either, but there were times where I'd forget it or run out in bad spots, it happens!
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-11-11 19:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nutt said:

this
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-11-11 20:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye is super nice and awesome. Anyone who thinks otherwise is likely mentally handicapped.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-11-11 20:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
that girl must of been on her period.
this
edit: idk maybe just 1 line i can see being somewhat offensive but meh..haters gonna hate
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-11-11 20:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Er, wow. XD Now I'm sort of regretting having posted this; Krizz is right, I'm a huge softy. Curse these feminine emotions! D;

Just to clarify though, I was soloing on my SAM24/DNC12 in Buburimu Peninsula when I got the invite. I had the day off for Vet's Day, so I decided accepting a party invite couldn't hurt.

Also, yeah--I realize now I could have just given them gil or an oil or two; I've done it before. It honestly didn't occur to me, and that would definitely have eased the offending remark. (Though I realize now I only have 7 oils left....)

As for being "too apologetic," I honestly felt pretty bad for being rude, but I was really confused as to how I was being rude. Just wanted to make sure my true intentions were made known, I guess.

Anyways, thanks a lot, everyone :) I'm completely humbled by all these responses.... I'm going to lock this now, since... uh, that's enough attention whoring for me. o.o
[+]