Cap Increase For Adventuring Fellows?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Cap increase for adventuring fellows?
Cap increase for adventuring fellows?
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev 2010-11-10 20:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who is dissapointed that that nothing whatsoever has been done to add anything new for our NPCs?

I personally really enjoyed leveling my npc up to 70 and then getting her everything I could possibly buy with points to make her awesome, and I also really liked the NPC quests too. But with all the job updates and the cap increase and the general migration of the entire game into abyssea, they're almost irrelevant now.

I used to use my signal pearl every day and usually 4 charges of a tactics pearl every week. Now I don't even remember the last time I got a tactics pearl, I've had such a small reason to use my NPC lately. They gave NPCs past access, maybe they might throw in a quest to get abyssea access too? Anyone else actually waiting to see this stuff in an update eventually?
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 20:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

No cause it takes time away from developing ***that actually matters.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-10 20:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
I like you
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 20:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I live to be rated down.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 20:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

True, but how hard would it be to make some stupid quest and have the cap increase for them?
PS2 rimitations.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-10 20:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:

Wait wait ... SE actually gives a ***about us? and they develop ***that actually MATTERS?

Big *** news to me.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-10 20:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Wait wait ... SE actually gives a ***about us? and they develop ***that actually MATTERS?

Big *** news to me.

You mean like the level cap increase, Job adjustments, trials, abyssea and all the other stuff?
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-10 20:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Big *** news to me.

You mean like the level cap increase, Job adjustments, trials, abyssea and all the other stuff?

Level Cap inscrease: good cool, more grinding.

Abyssea: "Would you like more Final Fantasy with your Abyssea?" (hi2u ffxi: abyssea)

Trials: Ugh, don't even get me started.

Other Stuff: Gear? Emotes? MEH
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 20:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Big *** news to me.

Abyssea: "Would you like more Final Fantasy with your Abyssea?" (hi2u ffxi: abyssea)

You're clearly playing the wrong game for yourself then. Abyssea is the best thing to happen to FFXI in years.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-10 20:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Important developments and what you happen to like or dislike don't go hand in hand.

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

***, don't leave out storing kindred crests!

Do want
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-10 20:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Big *** news to me.

You're clearly playing the wrong game for yourself then. Abyssea is the best thing to happen to FFXI in years.

Doing the same repetitive thing for 5+ hours is fun?

I'll take whatever your snorting/huffing/shooting up/smoking.

Fast exp yes, boring as ***? Yes (at least to me it was, unless it was with friends... then it was only kinda boring :p)

Yeah it was a breath of fresh air, but when everything else got pushed aside to just solely do ONE AREA/EXPANSION, it got old... quick.

I just would love to see some old ***get reworked so it just doesn't die out.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 20:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Big *** news to me.

Fast exp yes, boring as ***? Yes (at least to me it was, unless it was with friends... then it was only kinda boring :p)

Yeah it was a breath of fresh air, but when everything else got pushed aside to just solely do ONE AREA/EXPANSION, it got old... quick.

ITT: Exping is 100% of FFXI.

Go away.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-11-10 20:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Big *** news to me.

Um think we're missing the point here, your max job is 80, and 2 77's? so you were in abyssea once for 5hrs? And you quit, so you must really know all about it since you do it sooooo much.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-10 20:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I'll bite, aside from NMs, what else is there to Abyssea? I quit so I honestly don't know if anything more was added to it, but when I left, all Abyssea had to offer was EXP grinding and NMs..
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 20:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Okay, I'll bite, aside from NMs, what else is there to Abyssea? I quit so I honestly don't know if anything more was added to it, but when I left, all Abyssea had to offer was EXP grinding and NMs..
Uh what else is there to this game but acquiring gear?

There's story I guess, but FFXI's story has always been weak at best. WotG and Abyssea story especially just scream to us "a wizard did it".
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-11-10 20:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Uh what else is there to this game but acquiring gear? There's story I guess, but FFXI's story has always been weak at best. WotG and Abyssea story especially just scream to us "a wizard did it".
Abyssea's pretty much non existant but what's wrong with the WotG storyline? The nation quests are pretty cool if you have any interest in the historical storyline.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-10 20:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Big *** news to me.

Um think we're missing the point here, your max job is 80, and 2 77's? so you were in abyssea once for 5hrs? And you quit, so you must really know all about it since you do it sooooo much.

yeah, good job on judging me just solely based on my levels, your SO SMART!

What makes you think your word is god then?

The thing that more concerned me was when every single event either got replaced by or canceled because of Abyssea.

I agree full force that it was a good concept (I know that'll be hard for your mind to process, i'll give you a minute to think that one through)

Ok, now that that's done, I'm fairly sure they are going to come up with and make the game just as good as it used to be by putting in new stuff, but the point that I still was trying to make still stands.

The other point I was trying to make was the fact that when you can't get a party at all past ... well *** ... actually I can't say since these things even getting a low level party is like pulling teeth (and before you go on about the "lolfovlolsolo" ***) i'd like to remind you that half the enjoyement from a MMO is actually interacting with and playing with other people (at least that's what I believe in, if your going to play a solo game.. why waste the money for an MMO)

Just my two cents, I could care less since I don't play anymore what they do to the game, but it would be nice for them to address other things while pushing out new stuff.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-11-10 20:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Exp and NM's yup. AF3 gears now, need to kill NM's to upgrade or do quests.

Not trying to be an ***, but isn't ffxi about exp and NM's, and better gear?

End game ls's do abyssea now, they fight NM's they can pop and don't have to wait for a 21-24 hr window. SE answered everyones problem with waiting for NM's to pop and most claim problems. They gave us ways to force keyitems and atma, and increase drops. RDM's can still solo but can't activate !!'s for the most part.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-10 20:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:

End game ls's do abyssea now, they fight NM's they can pop and don't have to wait for a 21-24 hr window. SE answered everyones problem with waiting for NM's to pop and most claim problems. They gave us ways to force keyitems and atma, and increase drops. RDM's can still solo but can't activate !!'s for the most part.

I will admit :x I do wish I still played so I could toy around with some of that AF3, looks so nice some of it.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 20:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Abyssea's pretty much non existant but what's wrong with the WotG storyline? The nation quests are pretty cool if you have any interest in the historical storyline.
I do like the nation storylines since it just expands on what we already know (Admittedly, I'm not very far).

The actual WotG story though just seems to be ***piled on ***, from what I've seen and read up on. I'm a sucker for stories usually and when I do decide to do WotG I'll follow it and not just mash through cutscenes but eh, I know it's not the best story ever~

Time travel is hard to do though, so it's not really the writers fault completely~
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-10 20:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:

I was just asking because Catnipthief seemed to be being ridiculed for saying Abyssea was nothing but a 5 hour grind fest, which seemed like people were saying there was more to it than that.. So I was checking.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 21:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:

I was just asking because Catnipthief seemed to be being ridiculed for saying Abyssea was nothing but a 5 hour grind fest, which seemed like people were saying there was more to it than that.. So I was checking.
It takes 5 hours to do NMs?

I know some people kill slowly but holy ***.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-11-10 21:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:

I will admit :x I do wish I still played so I could toy around with some of that AF3, looks so nice some of it.

Expansions will always have growing pains. New gear makes old gear crap. It happens.

I've done more sky and old school missions in the last month than any other time. I've killed NM's that never got camped anymore because of trials. I've seen more oldschool content in the last while than before.

And yes lowbie exp pts are broken.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-10 21:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:

I don't mind it when your actually going in there to do something, but ... hell ... half the time my events were being cancelled was just so we could sit around hammering away at the same mob for 4-5 hours.

Kinda wasn't that fun :x

First Page 2