Anyone Pop Glavoid?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » Anyone pop glavoid?
Anyone pop glavoid?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-20 18:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
It's nice having friends and a good LS :)

My abyssea ls is ... decent, so far really though i've seen them only go for +1 seals and small gear >.> I've been searching around for a good one that will take my shitty mnk lol but it's kinda hard considering .. well my mnk is garbage lol.

I don't think that's really considered a linkshell then....you can solo or duo most +1 seals and a lot of +2 items as well.
 Unicorn.Rekial
Server: Unicorn
user: Rekial
By Unicorn.Rekial 2011-03-20 18:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They really need to redo the pop items for glavoid/chloris. I hate tahrongi canyon.
By seiri 2011-03-20 18:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Nymphadora said:
seiri said:
Bahamut.Phix said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Make a shout group, Lock the seals you want, make the rest ffa (Or locked for each person)

This.

as much as I hate doing this, I probably will end up doing this for my emp (of which one I still dunno what I will end up working on >.> I can use H2H right now, but plan on leveling nin ... and I know the katana is beastly from what I heard)
h2h is better in the long run but chloris sucks :(

Its pretty close if you gear right actually. VS will hit harder thn HI but NIN DoT with aftermath can bring that back, considering NIN can get a higher hit speed thn MNK (assuming no double march if lowman).

Serj said:
Welp. I have only been back to the game for hardly Three months. I know the gear I need and want ;) Its hard getting seals on war unless you are with friends.

You can farm empyreans with friends and it will be faster than with a ls. Just focus on gear first, you'll get the biggest increase over time than going for an empyrean with poor gear.

This.

That people say 'you dont deserve a relic/mythic/empy without the gear to back it' isnt just elitism, its practicality also. Sure, if you get an empy you will up your dmg by a good margin, but the gear you could get in the time u spent on an empy would do far more. Even full af3+1 would give you a massive improvement (also please drop the amemet+1, its far too weak now @ 80+, even for RNG/COR).

/sigh... I can wear my atheling on nin in two lvls.

Fair enough. The rest of what i said still stands very much tho.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-20 18:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

My abyssea ls is ... decent, so far really though i've seen them only go for +1 seals and small gear >.> I've been searching around for a good one that will take my shitty mnk lol but it's kinda hard considering .. well my mnk is garbage lol.

I don't think that's really considered a linkshell then....you can solo or duo most +1 seals and a lot of +2 items as well.

lol yeah >.>

Problem with most abyssea shells is they want you already to have all the great super godly gear that I just don't have >.>
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-20 18:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

The LS I was in before saying *** it and lowmanning everything (They got mad at me for this too. lol) Threw a HUGE *** fit for going for +2 items. :(
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-20 18:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

lol yeah >.>

Problem with most abyssea shells is they want you already to have all the great super godly gear that I just don't have >.>

Yep, because no one want's to redo stuff (me included lol). ***already takes long enough (mainly getting everyone un-afk)
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-20 18:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

lol yeah >.>

Yep, because no one want's to redo stuff (me included lol). ***already takes long enough (mainly getting everyone un-afk)

Yeah ;;

As far as the un afk thing... not a problem for me since i'm always at my computer lol.

But for everyone else ... yeah >.>

/sigh

I wish I hadn't quit XI >.> too much *** to get caught up on in terms of gear and whatnot.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 18:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not every group is like that, mine has gone back quite a few times now to redo the zone bosses/caturae wins because people keep unquitting lol. I guess its the in season thing to do but the game is down atm. We aren't looking for new people though and I don't know any other "decent" ls that is accepting members and would be willing to help you out :x.

I would just suggest doing ***on your own, try shouting for zone wins. For farm parties, pick a NM that drops the seal you want frequently and get a small group together. You tanking on your DD/nin + whm/sch(or rdm) + blm/brd + blu and you are good to go. Might be hard to get those jobs and have the seals locked one person per seal but you get the idea. Try to get some abyssites that you can get solo too, those help.

Edit: usually best if the dd/nin is a thief. Otherwise have the blu sub thief and use atma of dread lol (or the whm if they have the waist piece)
 Quetzalcoatl.Nymphadora
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Nymphadora 2011-03-20 18:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

lol yeah >.>

Yeah ;;

As far as the un afk thing... not a problem for me since i'm always at my computer lol.

/sigh

I wish I hadn't quit XI >.> too much *** to get caught up on in terms of gear and whatnot.

Same here D: Was a bad move.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 18:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Or if its really a huge burden on you having fun and money isn't much of an issue you could build up a new account as a healing ***. Doesn't take long to get from 1 to 90 now, maybe two weeks or less after all the caps and such. Would run you about 40 dollars though (10 for game, 30 for abyssea exp).
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-20 18:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Not every group is like that, mine has gone back quite a few times now to redo the zone bosses/caturae wins because people keep unquitting lol. I guess its the in season thing to do but the game is down atm. We aren't looking for new people though and I don't know any other "decent" ls that is accepting members and would be willing to help you out :x.

I would just suggest doing ***on your own, try shouting for zone wins. For farm parties, pick a NM that drops the seal you want frequently and get a small group together. You tanking on your DD/nin + whm/sch(or rdm) + blm/brd + blu and you are good to go. Might be hard to get those jobs and have the seals locked one person per seal but you get the idea. Try to get some abyssites that you can get solo too, those help.

Yeah the last few LS that I have asked about (either talked to the leader or a sack or a good member that is in it) aren't usually willing to take in someone with so much need. or they aren't accepting members.

I've been trying to look up things that I can solo fairly easy but ... i'd have to really look around since i'm not really sure what I can since I've been gone for the long period of time so I don't have the "know"

I have a few friends that do help me with some stuff every so often but it's kinda not all the time so I really can't rely too heavily on them.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-20 18:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Or if its really a huge burden on you having fun and money isn't much of an issue you could build up a new account as a healing ***. Doesn't take long to get from 1 to 90 now, maybe two weeks or less after all the caps and such. Would run you about 40 dollars though (10 for game, 30 for abyssea exp).

I wish :o

right now i'm relying on someone to help me pay monthly (yeah yeah >.> I hate doing it buuuut she's a good friend and realizes I need something to not go totally insane) so I can't really start up another account until I can actually find a decent job that doesn't suck *** and is closeish >.>
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 18:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ic, well you have /dnc so look up on wiki for quests. There are a bunch of quests for good abyssites such as +10 to all stats, more time per stone etc. I would first try and do the questable abyssites that aren't too time consuming. Then try to do shouts and get some help (or use your friends for this mostly) and do the NMs that drop good abyssites. You would wanna get the furthernce abyssites to get more + stats and also the +hp/mp% ones. With those it will be a lot easier to solo. Atma is also important but I assume you already have good ones for mnk? If not, I'd do those first then try to get the abyssites.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-20 18:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
ic, well you have /dnc so look up on wiki for quests. There are a bunch of quests for good abyssites such as +10 to all stats, more time per stone etc. I would first try and do the questable abyssites that aren't too time consuming. Then try to do shouts and get some help (or use your friends for this mostly) and do the NMs that drop good abyssites. You would wanna get the furthernce abyssites to get more + stats and also the +hp/mp% ones. With those it will be a lot easier to solo. Atma is also important but I assume you already have good ones for mnk? If not, I'd do those first then try to get the abyssites.

only really good atma I have right now for any DD is VV :x

Other ones I have are just junky NM ones or the title ones.
By seiri 2011-03-20 18:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

If his profile is accurate he doesnt have RR/GH ><
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 18:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ic, RR is extremely easy to get. GH you could maybe bug a group farming out empy items to proc red lol, bit of a stretch but maybe they will be nice. Or pay some gil for people to get it for you.
By seiri 2011-03-20 18:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
ic, RR is extremely easy to get. GH you could maybe bug a group farming out empy items to proc red lol, bit of a stretch but maybe they will be nice. Or pay some gil for people to get it for you.

Run to pop spot every now n again n try bribing lowmans for a spot for atma. Might take a while but someone will sell it quickish.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-20 18:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

seiri said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

If his profile is accurate he doesnt have RR/GH ><

It's semi accurate, I don't think I updated for the last few I got cause they were trash.

Leviathan.Draylo said:

I've actually been thinking of doing that... just going out to the zone, sit by the pop, wait for a group to come by and ask them politely if I can join in for just the atma.

Can't see why they would say no unless they were truly ***.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-20 18:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah and gil ... lol I wish I had more then uh ... I think I had 10k on me ?

might just burn through cruor to vendor some gear for some, not like I have a use for it now anyway.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 18:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd help but generally nowadays I don't go out of my way for people anymore. I've helped so many people, even those who were friends and never saw them again lol. So, don't like being used. If you ever get some gil saved up and need to buy them, let me know, I can get it for you bit cheaper than most would sell.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-20 18:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I'd help but generally nowadays I don't go out of my way for people anymore. I've helped so many people, even those who were friends and never saw them again lol. So, don't like being used. If you ever get some gil saved up and need to buy them, let me know, I can get it for you bit cheaper than most would sell.

I'll keep that in mind :3 I always pass ya in port lol so I'll give ya a /poke when and if I need it
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 18:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't be too hard if you start a shout though, RR is really important atma. Should be able to get people easily if you just say the items he drops are freelot. Bring a warrior to proc and a healer etc. WHM WAR MNK BLM BLM WHM -Filler DD should be fine. I've trio'd it but obviously I am basing this off the people helping not having proper atma. Main problem with that fight is proccing red, if you have someone with discernment abyssite it will help a ton.
By seiri 2011-03-20 18:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shouldn't be too hard if you start a shout though, RR is really important atma. Should be able to get people easily if you just say the items he drops are freelot. Bring a warrior to proc and a healer etc. WHM WAR MNK BLM BLM WHM -Filler DD should be fine. I've trio'd it but obviously I am basing this off the people helping not having proper atma. Main problem with that fight is proccing red, if you have someone with discernment abyssite it will help a ton.

Can likely bribe someone with a sam or sch to come and help with weakness - the sam/sch RSE drops are very nice pieces, and much wanted by those who dont yet have them.
 Titan.Bomber
Server: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-03-20 18:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

lol yeah >.>

Yeah ;;

/sigh

Same here D: Was a bad move.
Yup a bad time to quit indeed lol... but welcome back ^_^ dont listen to the elitist bastardos you have an excuse