Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Servers » Besaid » Theifs on Besaid ~BEWARE~
Theifs on Besaid ~BEWARE~
By TarekTawfik 2010-11-03 00:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to take a moment, to explain, what happend to my Linkshell <Proxitus Arma> and its members. We had 2 players in our Linkshell, that had important roles for our members, Oroku was our leather/weaver, and the intent was to have him craft gear for crafters, and for Arch or Pug class, when oroku first joined me and another member (Stormy Mangham)we gave him at the least 80 inventory spaces between the 2 of us, worth of materials, thousands of shards,all to help him craft for the linkshell. And as he stayed in the linkshell our members where unhappy with the lack of crafting he did for the linkshell, he even complained whenever he had to stop grinding skill xp, to help a member, (E.I. make Dodoskin Workboots) even though all our members kept pooring all the mats he requested in to him that reached at the very least in value of 5,000,000 gil worth of Matierals. At the same time, I gave him the benifit of the doubt, and was just happy to see him gaining levels (I figured the higher rank he achieves the better gear he could make our members)... This person left our linkshell with our matierals, our shards, our crystals, to form a new LS with our matierals with Thevedis Foxbat. He is still on Besaid.
While Oroku Saki, made off with roughly 5,000,000 gil worth of mats.
Thevedis Foxbat made off with twice as much.. yah thats right, he was our alchemist, so he was our Cluster, Crystal, Shard Bank(Or atleast was supposed to fill that role) Our Hunters and Gatherers sunk all the crystals the recieved in parties, and cluster and gave it to him, to he could facilitate our crafters in the Linkshell, with enough shards to continue crafting. 10,000,000 gil, worth in mats he made off with, in Clusters, Crystals, Shards, Ahriman Wings, Puk Wings, etc. He left after i asked him to give back the Wing Glue Regeants we gave to him(he said he would have it done a week ago, and blamed not being able to do so, becuase our hunters did not supply enough mateirals to him to grind to lvl 31)And he still refuses to give back what is not his, Atleast 5 people I know of in our Linkshell have reported both these players for theft. And Enix Currently is doing an Investigation on them both. <Proxitus Arma> Can only hope that Enix will have a no tolerence approach, for players like these in FFXIV.
By TarekTawfik 2010-11-03 00:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

By johnnyatlas 2010-11-03 00:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I've read this before...
By Suterusu 2010-11-03 00:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish Pro wasn't the forums people posted this on and kept it all to ZAM.
By Suterusu 2010-11-03 00:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

*Waves hand* These are not the forums seek...
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2010-11-03 02:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Person A: Please, take all of these materials worth millions of gil.

Person B: I guess so. I guess I could use them and level up a craft.

Person A: OK, here's millions more gil because I'm too lazy to level up a craft myself. Oh, and whenever anyone needs anything from you, you must drop what you are doing and come help them.

Person B: Umm.. Well I guess.

Person A: OMG YOU RAN OFF WITH MY STUFF. YOU ARE A THIEF AN EVIL! YOU MUST BE PUNISHED! I WILL MAKE A THREAD ON FFXIVPRO!

It's not stealing when you hand them stuff. You were just being stupid. You were asking too much of them and got what you deserved.
[+]
By Izey 2010-11-03 02:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

TarekTawfik said:
I would like to take a moment, to explain, what happend to my Linkshell <Proxitus Arma> and its members. We had 2 players in our Linkshell, that had important roles for our members, Oroku was our leather/weaver, and the intent was to have him craft gear for crafters, and for Arch or Pug class, when oroku first joined me and another member (Stormy Mangham)we gave him at the least 80 inventory spaces between the 2 of us, worth of materials, thousands of shards,all to help him craft for the linkshell. And as he stayed in the linkshell our members where unhappy with the lack of crafting he did for the linkshell, he even complained whenever he had to stop grinding skill xp, to help a member, (E.I. make Dodoskin Workboots) even though all our members kept pooring all the mats he requested in to him that reached at the very least in value of 5,000,000 gil worth of Matierals. At the same time, I gave him the benifit of the doubt, and was just happy to see him gaining levels (I figured the higher rank he achieves the better gear he could make our members)... This person left our linkshell with our matierals, our shards, our crystals, to form a new LS with our matierals with Thevedis Foxbat. He is still on Besaid.
While Oroku Saki, made off with roughly 5,000,000 gil worth of mats.
Thevedis Foxbat made off with twice as much.. yah thats right, he was our alchemist, so he was our Cluster, Crystal, Shard Bank(Or atleast was supposed to fill that role) Our Hunters and Gatherers sunk all the crystals the recieved in parties, and cluster and gave it to him, to he could facilitate our crafters in the Linkshell, with enough shards to continue crafting. 10,000,000 gil, worth in mats he made off with, in Clusters, Crystals, Shards, Ahriman Wings, Puk Wings, etc. He left after i asked him to give back the Wing Glue Regeants we gave to him(he said he would have it done a week ago, and blamed not being able to do so, becuase our hunters did not supply enough mateirals to him to grind to lvl 31)And he still refuses to give back what is not his, Atleast 5 people I know of in our Linkshell have reported both these players for theft. And Enix Currently is doing an Investigation on them both. <Proxitus Arma> Can only hope that Enix will have a no tolerence approach, for players like these in FFXIV.

SE never does anything. So don't worry you won't be getting it back.

Don't get mad, get even.

That's what I did in FF11 when people screwed me over ^_^
Get an inside man.
By Izey 2010-11-03 02:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jesi said:
Person A: Please, take all of these materials worth millions of gil.

Person B: I guess so. I guess I could use them and level up a craft.

Person A: OK, here's millions more gil because I'm too lazy to level up a craft myself. Oh, and whenever anyone needs anything from you, you must drop what you are doing and come help them.

Person B: Umm.. Well I guess.

Person A: OMG YOU RAN OFF WITH MY STUFF. YOU ARE A THIEF AN EVIL! YOU MUST BE PUNISHED! I WILL MAKE A THREAD ON FFXIVPRO!

Yes and No.

Yes it was stupid ;p

No I doubt it's cause hes lazy.

It's probably cause he was incharge of a different craft. Post LS's have been working this way in FF14, everyone has a different role to play.

I'm just sayin-

It's not stealing when you hand them stuff. You were just being stupid. You were asking too much of them and got what you deserved.
[+]
By Izey 2010-11-03 02:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes and No.

Yes it was stupid ;p

No I doubt it's cause hes lazy.

It's probably cause he was in charge of a different craft. Post LS's have been working this way in FF14, everyone has a different role to play.

I'm just sayin-

Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-03 08:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

People actually read that WoT?
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-03 08:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lesson learned, don't be lazy and level your own craft. I ask fellow members of my LS from time to time to make items for me, but I'm not dependent upon them doing so.
[+]
 Phoenix.Katori
Server: Phoenix
user: agroyboy
By Phoenix.Katori 2010-11-03 08:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

well we do the same thing in my ls. we have some of the top crafters on our server. and they take care of us. i dont see them going anywhere anytimes soon. it just sucks you got 2 bad apples out of 4000.

funny how people are bitching your posting it here. but on ffxiah they post warning on it all the time. he's just letting people know on besaid who is a thf and cant be trusted.

im sorry for your lost i hope everything works out :)
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-11-03 08:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Slipi.. leason learnd. Better now than later.
5MM gil is nothing. Specially if a few people contributed, so I'm sure you didn't loose more than 500k.

Just NPC all the stuff you get and keep the ones you need for your crafts. As far as crystals and shards, the one u don't need sell them is a great way to make gil, lastly keep leveling up and gil will keep coming in the millions.

I have been blessed with my Little Black book of Thiefs and Bad reps.
I still have their names written down back from FF11. And when opportunity arised I'd made sure not to invite them to PWR parties, or brun down the prices of goodies in AH's to directly/indirectly affect some of them.

There will be a day when this "thief" (Proxitus Arma) needs some help, you may have the last laugh.

Good luck

PWR!
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-03 09:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Katori said:
well we do the same thing in my ls. we have some of the top crafters on our server. and they take care of us. i dont see them going anywhere anytimes soon. it just sucks you got 2 bad apples out of 4000.

funny how people are bitching your posting it here. but on ffxiah they post warning on it all the time. he's just letting people know on besaid who is a thf and cant be trusted.

im sorry for your lost i hope everything works out :)
And people *** about it there, too.. If someone posted a player warning about FFXI where they funded someone else's craft, expecting them to be the linkshell crafting ***, they'd of got pretty much the same response.

Most of the problems people have with other people in this game and FFXI could be solved simply by not giving ***away they didn't want to give away no strings attached.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-03 09:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you give someone 10m worth of material at a single time? Why not give them it say 1m worth at a time?

You were quite stupid in your approach.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-11-03 11:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pwrlessgirl said:

I have been blessed with my Little Black book of Thieves and Bad reps.
I still have their names written down back from FF11.

O_o W.T.F!

It's time to stop playing online games. If people going to start having black books of thieves and bad reps.

LOL
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-11-03 12:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm sorry, you're a dumbass.

most sensible people would only entrust that much stuff to a person they had known for years. not a stranger. secondly, you're still running a risk even if you had known the person for years. it sounds like a good plan to have that going for ya. i'd say find someone you know you can trust, stop *** whining, and restart again if you want it to run that way. honestly, that's the way i see the "companies" being run in the future.
[+]
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-11-03 12:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

so... is this the first official player warning of ffxiv? if so, lets take this oppurtunity to remember the best player warnings from ffxi =D
[+]
 Sylph.Pwrless
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrless 2010-11-03 12:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Sylph.Pwrlessgirl said:
I have been blessed with my Little Black book of Thieves and Bad reps. I still have their names written down back from FF11.
O_o W.T.F! It's time to stop playing online games. If people going to start having black books of thieves and bad reps. LOL

Isn't that why the Collector's Edition came with that little Red Book?

edit: Little Red Book of Thieves and Bad Reps.
[+]
By Suterusu 2010-11-03 13:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I am wondering why you had 1 person as your Leatherworker/Weaver and didn't split this into two roles. Unless that is, you meant Weaver as their sub-craft.

ITT: Dodoskin Work Boots, hot stuff.
By auggie 2010-11-03 13:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

sut is a troll
By Makeet 2010-11-03 15:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

auggie is a bigger troll
By monterrey4ever 2010-11-03 15:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand how you feel. You will get used to it. You will have a small core of trusty loyal players on your linkshell and the other will either be there for convenience or working their *** to get some gear then leave.
That's not bad at all as long as they provide something to the linkshell during their stay.

This may not work too well in this phase of the game. But once NMs and "hard to get" gear comes into play there will always be people joining and leaving.

On the other hand I don't see anything bad on warning everyone about what kinda of people may be joining their linkshells, specially on this growing community.
[+]
By deadfire 2010-11-03 15:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A bad reputation: Decent Linkshells won't take you.
[+]
By johnnyatlas 2010-11-03 16:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey! I'll hold your stuff! >_>
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [90 days between previous and next post]
By Usun 2011-02-01 04:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit, nvm i just figured out this thread is too old.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
By thevedis 2011-03-06 13:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanna take a minute since i registered here to say this thread is BS

yes its an old thread but if you followed the convo on zam or lodestone about this, you know this is actualy a "Revenge blacklist" thread and that neither myself or Oroku was a thief.

The truth of the incident is this.

I was recruited into the shell under the following understanding.
I was the LS alchemist.
Tarek would make sure I was provided with ALL materials, free of charge to level off of.
I would never pay a dime out of my own pocket for anything involved with the LS.
I would provide the LS with anything I made under this agreement.

What actualy happened:
I was never given a single leveling material from the shell, instead they gave me clusters and materials for recipes 15-20+ levels above my current level. Stuff I could not even attempt.
I was forced to pay for all of my own leveling
To top it off, I even gave the shell what i was making, as per what i agree'd even though I dpaid for it out of my own pocket and they did not provide me with anything promised.

So what happens? I am out tens of thousands of shards, among other things. And I am then blamed for not giving back a few dozen clusters, and some wing glue(which as i stated elsewhere, was split among the farmers, not among the leeches who just wanted gil from it)

Tarek Tawfik has since quit(the whole incident caused his linkshell to alienate him for lying and doing what he did, and they all left him).

Anyways, those who know me know Im legit, i dont steal, i make stuff ro people all the time, and i dont rip them off.

And a warning to everyone about these kid of threads in general, some people will post them just to make people look bad because they are mad at them, or dont like them, or whatever. This is one of those threads! Dont believe everything you read.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [150 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.