Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » does anyone have information on
does anyone have information on
By olyard 2010-11-01 16:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh I feel that SE needs to rejuvenate old content. Only one event or two (woe and abyssea) for the entire game is a bit silly considering its an MMO.
By olyard 2010-11-01 16:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Or create new content in old areas is what I mean.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-01 16:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
abyssea killed ffxi
Incorrect. An aging game with outdated graphics that is limited to below 30FPS. Dragging out WoTG for no reason other than to drag it out. Raising the level cap. Most if not all old gear is now obsolete. No mention of a new expansion pack. This is what killed FFXI. Not Abyssea. Even then I wouldn't call the game killed yet...
don't forget relic users raging of all the gil they spent on relics when they can make a better weapon for free xD

Relic users knew that would happen since it happened with all other gears. You put the finger on what caused people to quit ; all that work in hard(long) events reduced to void. Only people left are those that were gimped at 75 pretty much. It's a quick summary but that's about it. The casual gamers that did salvage 2x a week in 2009 probably got deceived when they realised all they work meant nothing and that they have to enter abyssea 6/week to get equal quality gear.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-11-01 16:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Saturday 1PM est : 2300~ people online.

does not count, go ahead and check 1pm on week days, you will get like 700 users only, like lakshmi server now, it only haves 600-800 weekdays, expect a server merge in december or feb, it will be worst when guild wars2/diablo3/ and ff14 ps3 release, ffxi will endup like lineage2/warhammer online (with 4 servers only), abyssea killed ffxi

Obviously there will be less people right now because it's a week day during EU prime. I'f there's 800~ people during the time of the day where there will be the less people it's that much of an issue?

I'm failing to understand the point "More people = better". Shouldn't we all be playing WoW, wait what am I saying Farmville!?

Even if FFXI will eventually end up with 4 servers and keep ~1000 people average online. Would you be interacting with the thousands of people on the other servers? No.

As long as there is 1 server with enough people playing it, it changes absolutely nothing from a player point of view.

Abyssea didn't kill FFXI, aging will kill FFXI.

Once free trial for 14 stops, a lot people will obviously leave ... will you then say "The end of free trial killed FF14"? lol
think again before posting random stuff like a mad person over a thread, less people = the worst, do i have to recall how hard is leveling 1-50 now because no1 looking for party? not enough people online to pt, lots of zones died, valk dunes is one of them, this game is all about pt thats why they put the level sync and the last server merge, this does change the player point of view , forcing blms to solo and everyone doing summoner burns because the game is dead, everyone not doing old content because abyssea, if this does not make players to change points of view the game would not be so dead.
By olyard 2010-11-01 17:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people were already 75+, saying not having people to level low jobs is what killed the game is silly. The game isn't even dead, it's still going. SE just need to add more content besides abyssea for people to have fun in. Old gear was going to become obsolete someday, especially with a lvl increase from 75 to 99, shut up already. Pchan is a tard.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 17:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

olyard said:
A lot of people were already 75+, saying not having people to level low jobs is what killed the game is silly. The game isn't even dead, it's still going. SE just need to add more content besides abyssea for people to have fun in. Old gear was going to become obsolete someday, especially with a lvl increase from 75 to 99, shut up already. Pchan is a tard.
what would be nice to help people level those jobs below 75~ is to make
signet/sanction actually good.
OH hey!!! GET SIGNET BRO
it gives you like +200hp/150mp, +30 attk/acc 10% haste
while resting +50hp/mp to ease up on the downtime and while not engaged in combat, or 15 seconds out of combat, get like +12% movement speed
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ricco
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-11-01 17:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
abyssea killed ffxi
Incorrect. An aging game with outdated graphics that is limited to below 30FPS. Dragging out WoTG for no reason other than to drag it out. Raising the level cap. Most if not all old gear is now obsolete. No mention of a new expansion pack. This is what killed FFXI. Not Abyssea. Even then I wouldn't call the game killed yet...
don't forget relic users raging of all the gil they spent on relics when they can make a better weapon for free xD

Relic users knew that would happen since it happened with all other gears. You put the finger on what caused people to quit ; all that work in hard(long) events reduced to void. Only people left are those that were gimped at 75 pretty much. It's a quick summary but that's about it. The casual gamers that did salvage 2x a week in 2009 probably got deceived when they realised all they work meant nothing and that they have to enter abyssea 6/week to get equal quality gear.

I wouldnt consider everyone left to have been gimps at 75 I actually see lots of relic users still in game... I actually have stayed because I still enjoy doing stuff with friends and being able to low man stuff that wasnt possible before has made it even more fun I think not sure about others but I am still having a blast my only complaint is the abyssea craze even the playing field on xp outside of abyssea and maybe that would help the game.

Also... to go about server numbers Lakshmi had about 2950 people on last saturday during my linkshells event time roughly 2pm est so I don't think that is bad at all :P
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-01 17:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ricco said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
abyssea killed ffxi
I wouldnt consider everyone left to have been gimps at 75 I actually see lots of relic users still in game... I actually have stayed because I still enjoy doing stuff with friends and being able to low man stuff that wasnt possible before has made it even more fun I think not sure about others but I am still having a blast my only complaint is the abyssea craze even the playing field on xp outside of abyssea and maybe that would help the game.
i think abyssea made more gimps
[+]
 Fenrir.Hyar
Server: Fenrir
user: Hyaroraro
By Fenrir.Hyar 2010-11-01 17:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ricco said:
True story
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-01 17:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hyar
By Serj 2010-11-01 17:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Hyar said:
Lakshmi.Ricco said:
True story

Cool story, bro.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-01 18:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ricco said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
abyssea killed ffxi

More RDM without pimp hat, more MNKs without Black belts or BLM without novio. I bet they still find excuses for their inability to get them, even now with 10 more levels, farming gear in abyssea less worthwile (=all gear if you don't have those and have the job :p).

[+]
 Lakshmi.Ricco
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-11-02 08:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my mnk does pretty well against most DDs and I still have Brown Belt oh noes I'm gimp cause I've never had the gil or time to camp/compete with HNM ls. Well I am at the haste cap on mnk with Brown belt I'll get to it when I can get to it I don't think not having one piece of gear makes anyone gimp. There are still HNM ls on my server at least who still camp Faffy etc
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-02 09:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I do find pimpchan to be quite amusing. You don't need to do abyssea 6 times a week to get good gear. I've been doing it 3-4 times a week for the past month, and I already have 3 +2 items (4th is 3/6 and 5th is 3/6). I also have 19 +1 items. I also have 8 of the jobs accessories. 4 of the fake relic WS weapons, and a ***ton of other random items.

The rewards for doing Abyssea come much faster than any previous event, and don't require the same amount of time or random dumbfuck luck.

I did Einherjar for about 10 months, and in all that time I saw 2 ebodies. I was still in line for it when I quit doing it. Same thing goes for *** dynamis.

Please stop saying abyssea requires more hardcore players because it doesn't. You just sound like a jackass.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-02 09:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I do find pimpchan to be quite amusing. You don't need to do abyssea 6 times a week to get good gear. I've been doing it 3-4 times a week for the past month, and I already have 3 +2 items (4th is 3/6 and 5th is 3/6). I also have 19 +1 items. I also have 8 of the jobs accessories. 4 of the fake relic WS weapons, and a ***ton of other random items. The rewards for doing Abyssea come much faster than any previous event, and don't require the same amount of time or random dumbfuck luck. I did Einherjar for about 10 months, and in all that time I saw 2 ebodies. I was still in line for it when I quit doing it. Same thing goes for *** dynamis. Please stop saying abyssea requires more hardcore players because it doesn't. You just sound like a jackass.
requires more competent players to get things done quickly with the alloted time from stones~ instead of people dicking around and wasting 6~8 stones on a single night.
abyssea requirse less competent players when it comes to the exp parties tho lol.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-02 09:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as much as I do abyssea, I still have 66 stones left. Because we go in, farm 200-300 minutes in the first hour, and then we spend the next two hours destroying NMs. I also get a stone every 12 hours.

Random exp parties make me want to punch a baby in the face.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-02 09:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Relic users knew that would happen since it happened with all other gears. You put the finger on what caused people to quit ; all that work in hard(long) events reduced to void. Only people left are those that were gimped at 75 pretty much. It's a quick summary but that's about it.

Long boring grinds for marginal gear gave way to more interesting, shorter grinds for better gear with far greater variety. People quit because they became too obsessed with being LEET botting away in their HNMLSs all day and lost sight of what playing the game means (fun).

Quote:
The casual gamers that did salvage 2x a week in 2009 probably got deceived when they realised all they work meant nothing and that they have to enter abyssea 6/week to get equal quality gear.

6/week

equal quality

lol
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-02 10:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
The casual gamers that did salvage 2x a week in 2009 probably got deceived when they realised all they work meant nothing and that they have to enter abyssea 6/week to get equal quality gear.
I don't think you can be a worst troll anymore lol. Anyways, We go 3-4 times a week, so far we completed over 40 AF+2 pieces, 2x lvl 85 Masamune, 1x lvl 80 GA, 1x lvl 80 H2H. Polearm in the works that is 16/50 and staff that is 25/50 Did I forget to mention that our group consist of 7 people?
how long did it take to get 1 empyrean weapon~ and how much drama was involved in deciding who got it first?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-02 10:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You must do Abyssea for like 8+ hours a day. There's no way you got a masamune completely done in a week otherwise.

Seeing as how you'd run out of time. I know how easy Liege, Yaga, and Carabosse are, but you'd still have to farm TEs in between.

It's still not a ton of work to finish a masamune (as it is currently the easiest useful empyrean to upgrade).

My group only does 2 1/2 - 3 hours a day for 4 days a week. Your group might be a little more on the hardcore side Pimpchan is talking about, but the more casual groups can still accomplish things.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-02 11:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've solo'd the fly and pixie (Solo'd but with a PL bot healing me), so I know they aren't difficult. I've also solo kited the frog around, which is a huge pain in the ***.

But no matter how efficient your group is, you're not farming 200+ minutes in 30 minutes with 7 people. Not every time especially. Unless people on your server are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, ephemeral mobs are not always up in every spot. I know last night it took me 15 minutes to get 3 kills because most of them were dead.

Splitting up into groups also does not guarantee key item drops from Yaga and Liege. Unless both of your small groups have a war and a nin in each(which I highly doubt with 7 people).

Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-02 13:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I do find pimpchan to be quite amusing. You don't need to do abyssea 6 times a week to get good gear. .

Your problem is that you consider AF3 good gear when in reality it's average (turban is average gear, everyone can have it easily). When I talk about gear of equal quality as what salvage was I'm clearly referring to the haste+7% belt, juogi +1, empyreal weapons, refresh bodies etc (this is for the king of solo that can't solo ***worth a damn).
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-02 13:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

AF3 takes more work than the ***you mentioned. Juogi+1 requires luck on a synth, and more than likely will be outdone by some job's AF3 bodies.

Bullwhip belt isn't as hard as you make it sound to get. Empyreal weapons, yes are a pain (masamune is a joke though), and if you don't like it do the walk of echoes trials. That's what I did for two weapons already.

That refresh body isn't anything fancy.

There is nothing inside of abyssea that requires hardcore play status to obtain. Now if you want to obtain it all before the next update then sure, you'd have to be hardcore.

I think you just like bitching. I also think that you are the type of player that is never truly happy with what you have.

Empyreal weapons are 100 times less hardcore than a *** relic weapon, and a lot of them are stronger. They also don't require a month of *** trials to upgrade their damage. Empyreals are the casual player's relic weapon.

You're a *** troll. I also question if you even play this game at all, or if you used to play it and all you do now is ***.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-02 13:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvage is the only content than matters *** iddle nerds lol.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-02 14:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

*jealous* caladbolg can i has it :3 ?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-02 14:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to get it in a week anyway.

We can agree on one thing though Shiroi. You're not a casual player. Not knocking you for it because that would just be stupid. Only jealous people knock hardcore players. But you're not casual correct?