HMP Sets, Are They Needed Anymore?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » HMP sets, Are they needed anymore?
HMP sets, Are they needed anymore?
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-29 23:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed with MP being much less of an issue, ive been using +HMP gear less and less and esp on RDM, seems to be the set im ditching the most now.

Is an HMP set even needed anymore?
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-10-29 23:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think.. just maybe.. you answered your own question
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-29 23:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Refresh o' plenty is part of today's Abyssean Age, but while refresh is lovely to have, when you have 1.6k+ MP, an hMP set is nifty to have after a death; doing the obvious of course and making MP while resting faster to gain.

Plus, if you have more than one mage job, you might as well.
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-10-29 23:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff outside of abyssea is about it.. mission fights or walk of echoes about all i can think of....

Ragnarok.Reyn
Server: Ragnarok
user: TheGerm
By Ragnarok.Reyn 2010-10-30 00:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm definitely enjoying the new HMP pieces doing elemental staff trials. Doing regular stuff sure is a cruel reminder of how completely overpowered we are in Abyssea. :(
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-10-30 00:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Reyn said:
I'm definitely enjoying the new HMP pieces doing elemental staff trials. Doing regular stuff sure is a cruel reminder of how completely overpowered we are in Abyssea. :(

Definitely this x2. Not having that extra 5 MP/tic really sucks balls doing trials.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-30 00:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If FFXI ever moves out of Abyssea, hMP will still be crucial. I know every point helps in Walk of Echoes, to get MP back up between pulls, or more accurately, before the boss target is under 25%HP when they start spamming TP moves. Morbid Mollasses in particular can burn through mage MP with Shadow-stripping and bypassing Dissolves for 500-900.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-30 01:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
If FFXI ever moves out of Abyssea, hMP will still be crucial. I know every point helps in Walk of Echoes, to get MP back up between pulls, or more accurately, before the boss target is under 25%HP when they start spamming TP moves. Morbid Mollasses in particular can burn through mage MP with Shadow-stripping and bypassing Dissolves for 500-900.
While the 15 Refresh from Abyssea is very helpful, I wouldn't say hmp set is crucial in WoE situations. Refresh II, Evokers Roll and regular idle pieces keep up my MP very well in a general BLM pt, I only have to rest on a wipe if it happens really.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-30 02:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
I've noticed with MP being much less of an issue, ive been using +HMP gear less and less and esp on RDM, seems to be the set im ditching the most now. Is an HMP set even needed anymore?

If you need one, then you need it. If you don't you don't. I don't get what more there is to it.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2010-10-30 03:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been AHing mine before it tanks further. Keeping r/e stuff like oracle's set, but extras are gone.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-30 06:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Ragnarok.Reyn said:
Definitely this x2. Not having that extra 5 MP/tic really sucks balls doing trials.
Or 10 or 15 lol.

About the only time I use it up faster in abyssea... I can't rest anyways due to fighting nm with tons of hp that I'm constantly nuking. Or constant pulls of xp mob when I'm on blu. Though all the tanking I end up doing stops me from running out lol

But thanks this reminds me of a whole bunch more space I can make by muling stuff
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-10-30 07:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Make room for HMP stuff in satchel -> take it out when you'r in a situation you might need it?:P