Harp's Unauthorized Guide To Soloing Walk Of Echoe

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » Harp's Unauthorized Guide to Soloing Walk of Echoe
Harp's Unauthorized Guide to Soloing Walk of Echoe
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-12 08:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
The only problem I've really seen with Walk of Echoes up to this point is now with the change in the exp system, no one is going to beat the plds cors and rdms.

If those three jobs stay active the entire run, no other jobs will touch them. They will always have the top 5 chests.
DNCs, DNCs get *** of points/exp.
So far on blu I've gotten 2nd once and 1st every other time. This is with no real support lol. Ie usually just a rdm that sometimes cures me and waits to refresh I or haste till after it's been off for a long time and have just put mine own up overwriting mine with one with a lot shorter duration lol. I'd probably be better off in my own pt. Get lots of xp too. Not like lots of xp even matter anymore
By Damrod 2010-11-12 09:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

On one hand I totally understand. I use to get ticked in campaign battles when you bust your ***, get the killshot on NM and some useless ***who maybe made just enough xp to get into treasure pool outlots you on the good shizz...but I got over it.

If SE wanted elitist, greedy, control freaks to dictate in WoE as to who can enter and who can lot on different things, they would have made it like Dynamis...but guess what?...they didn't...

Sucks to be you in your outdated mob rules mentality...SE smacked you down now deal with it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By BorealisV2 2010-11-12 10:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Mad troll is mad
Server: Odin
By Odin.Tempelshine 2010-11-13 17:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno, looks like most people blind here.

If a dude, waitin for hours on a Linkshell that do a WoE Run, he dont even do a run solo, he just waiting and sniper a run.

And the People didnt even talk to the LS, maybe can team up or they able to help. No! Just come in and do a stupid performance on his /whm job.

Some people wait for Linkshells and just come in, we just leave the zone then, and you want to know what happens?
The Persons leaves the run too.
They dont even try it alone.
Just leaves and camp our next run.

So "open" is it.

And your argument "they didnt loot on pool"
WTF who cares about the Pool!

Higher chance has 1-5 place coffers and leechs always push themself to 1,2 place.

So i have nuffin against ppl they do solo runs whole day.

But to camp shells, join the run and leave if they leave, sry thats just stupid.

and Walk of Echos is not Campaign. so stop all of that ***.

GL on leeching.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-13 18:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The event was designed to allow players to join forces all together to achieve a common goal.

Of course this idea was destined to fail due to the existance of self sustaining Linkshells which are already used to achieving such goals and hence view anyone joining them in an event as an 'outsider', a leech.
The major problem though, is not all these so called leeches join an OPEN event with the sole purpose of exploiting other people's effort.

Some players may lack the playtime or friends to actively do events with an established Linkshell. Some may also lack the skill or job to be able to efectively solo or low man an event.
Hence why this OPEN event was devised, so those players could still join a populated event, maybe make new friends and eventually finding a fitting Linkshell. But of course, if said was to abandon the event these single players joined, then they'd have nothing else left but to leave as well.

Actually, I'm tired of trying to explain why there should be no problem with outsiders joining an OPEN event if they proved to be working along with the other participants, rather than just for themselves and those damn top 5 chests.

This is what the OP was trying too explain, he wasn't giving advise as to how to leech an event.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-13 18:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a run leeched a few times, some JP came in and took a SAM coin when one of our main members was going specifically for them. The JP players did nothing to help and just lotted it as soon as it came in the pool.

The sam in question MPK'd them 3 or 4 times on the next run.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-13 18:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That's sad.

Still, not ALL players are morons.
SE's idea was an utopia at best, where people would actually be friendly and helpful towards one another, with no elitist, team / gang or racial issues going on.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-13 18:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I agree. It could have been great, but as it is it won't work simply because players are *** in general.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-13 19:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pretty comical.

Hey people, S-E intentionally designed this event so that it would NOT be claimable or exclusively instanced to a single party/alliance/linkshell. Unless the zone is full (36 people I think), anyone can enter.

Like it or hate it, THAT'S HOW IT IS.

If you don't like that, don't do Walk of Echoes, and save your crying for your momma.

Also, don't take Tigerwoods seriously. He rocks capri-length jeans and wife-beaters and lives in a pink house.
You'd get mad all the time if you had to roll like that, too.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-13 19:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't take a sam seriously w/o af2 hands, lol.
[+]
By Odin.Tempelshine 2010-11-13 19:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You ever did WoE? you know the good rewards only will be able to lot after a win, and with 3 ppl on /whm onry you arent be able to win.

So do WoE, lead the Run, get PPl & work for coins.
and then non-speaking-leeching-tpfeeding-reraising-whmsubonry-nothelpfully-People lot your coins/pouchs from pool and get #1 coffer.

And you get no coffer cause you working on win, and comes lolbrd.

If you have no idea what i talking about just say nuffin.

Very helpful Persons camp our Runs. ya they open but what about to come brd,rdm,whm or /nin prolly we would let them join.

We mostly have 2-5 Leechs and they only join our runs, so if all ppl so nice, why the 2-5 leechs dont talk to each other and do together a run? hmm..

Cause its easier to leech a coffer.

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-13 19:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tempelshine said:
You ever did WoE? you know the good rewards only will be able to lot after a win, and with 3 ppl on /whm onry you arent be able to win.

So do WoE, lead the Run, get PPl & work for coins.
and then non-speaking-leeching-tpfeeding-reraising-whmsubonry-nothelpfully-People lot your coins/pouchs from pool and get #1 coffer.

And you get no coffer cause you working on win, and comes lolbrd.

If you have no idea what i talking about just say nuffin.

Very helpful Persons camp our Runs. ya they open but what about to come brd,rdm,whm or /nin prolly we would let them join.

We mostly have 2-5 Leechs and they only join our runs, so if all ppl so nice, why the 2-5 leechs dont talk to each other and do together a run? hmm..

Cause its easier to leech a coffer.

Give me their names and I'll update my Sylph leech post to include all servers.
 Siren.Ilax
Server: Siren
user: FireDeath
By Siren.Ilax 2010-11-13 19:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wow, just a Guide to leech.

Should make the guide of leeching an Abyssea as you with lv37 job opening and taking all 'Key item' and all 'Feet'.
 Siren.Ilax
By Siren.Ilax 2010-11-13 20:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Actually, I'm tired of trying to explain why there should be no problem with outsiders joining an OPEN event if they proved to be working along with the other participants, rather than just for themselves and those damn top 5 chests.

This is what the OP was trying too explain, he wasn't giving advise as to how to leech an event.

hmmm, maybe i read it different:

SITUATION
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
]I have not lotted any coins I have not needed and mostly won my coins from one of the top 5 chests.

I generally didn't have much trouble being a so called "leech" at first. People we're normally friendly and didn't mind my help. These were the days of me coming WHM to help out. Generally these were actually very friendly JP shells. Once more linkshells started doing it, I ran into my problems. If I happened to have a winning lot the whole ls would begin to lot just so I wouldn't get that one little coin. I thought this was very petty and childish. A, if I can't have it, no one can have it attitude. I finally confronted someone that did this and one comment stuck in my head and inspired me. He said maybe if you don't suck so much you can just get your own chest and get your own coins. Thus began my days as PLD/WHM in walk of echoes.

Advise (i found a better way to *** people around)
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
There are a few jobs that can net a lot of exp, but PLD/WHM was the best choice available to me. I generally get about 13k exp on this job combo and can easily be in the top 5 if not #1 every time. Think of the goal in WoE as being able to score points in as many categories as possible, damage dealt, damage taken, hp cured, how much you buff, how much you enfeeble, etc.

Conclusion
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Most people will probably flame this, and thats ok. But i'm hoping that maybe both sides can learn how to live with one another and perhaps be grown ups and make some friends...after all, the servers/communities are getting smaller.

Sorry, but i am sure your post just awaked more leecher, GL with 'maybe both sides can learn' bc obviously this post show clearly you did not.

Edit: Thanks for the trick, omw to WoE now.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-13 20:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgard.Failure said:
Are you implying it's immature to MPK someone in WoE that's not invited and leeching? 'cause I will respectfully disagree. The way WoE is setup, it's a pvpve challenge where your goal is to win and get the chests. They even made it 0 exp loss akin to killing a charmed player. If someone else comes in and is trying to deny us rewards for our time, I see absolutely nothing wrong or immature with returning the favor and trying to deny them rewards for their time. It's not like I'm saying I go in with a different LS and try to MPK them - that's just griefing and is counter-productive for everyone. But trying to MPK a few solo people to the point they need to homepoint when they are leeching a run we don't want them in (while still clearing) is just as fair game as them entering to begin with.
truth
[+]
 Siren.Ilax
By Siren.Ilax 2010-11-13 23:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet someone can get BAN for that, because ya, GM are retard in this game. [worth a try imo]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-19 11:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I wouldn't take a sam seriously w/o af2 hands, lol.
<3