Abyssea - Blue !! Question.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2014-08-12
697 users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Abyssea - Blue !! question.
Abyssea - Blue !! question.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
Posts: 2044
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-10-28 03:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Was reading Wiki about this and it has grid for which WS type (pierce/slash/blunt) to use depending on the time of day you claim or pop (for pop NMS). How accurate is this? Just curious if there's a lot of people that can confirm the time/damage types and such.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Virtuosus
Posts: 683
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-28 03:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Blue !! Weakness

Gained by using a specific physical Weapon Skill on the mob. The set of possible weapon skills is based on the time of day the mob was popped or claimed; depending on which period the time of claim falls under, only Slashing, Piercing, or Blunt WS will work.

Effect on enemy:

Greatly enhances drop rate for equipment and weapon(s).
Inflicts Amnesia on the mob. The message displayed in the log will read:
"Your attack staggers the fiend!
The fiend is unable to use special attacks."


Possible Physical Weapon Skills:

Time: 6:00-14:00 - Piercing:

Archery: Sidewinder, Empyreal Arrow, Arching Arrow, Blast Arrow
Dagger: Shadowstitch, Viper Bite, Dancing Edge, Shark Bite, Evisceration
Marksmanship: Slug Shot, Blast Shot, Detonator, Heavy Shot
Polearm: Skewer, Wheeling Thrust, Impulse Drive


Time: 14:00-22:00 - Slashing:

Axe: Rampage, Mistral Axe, Decimation
Great Axe: Full Break, Raging Rush, Steel Cyclone, Keen Edge
Great Sword: Spinning Slash, Ground Strike
Great Katana: Tachi: Yukikaze, Tachi: Gekko, Tachi: Kasha
Katana: Blade: Ten, Blade: Ku
Scythe: Cross Reaper, Spiral Hell
Sword: Flat Blade, Vorpal Blade, Savage Blade

Time: 22:00-6:00 - Blunt:

Club: Skullbreaker, True Strike, Judgment, Hexa Strike, Black Halo
Hand-to-Hand: Raging Fist, Spinning Attack, Howling Fist, Dragon Kick, Asuran Fists
Staff: Heavy Swing, Shell Crusher, Full Swing, Spirit Taker, Retribution




Taken from a post I wrote up on my LS's forums.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
Posts: 2044
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-10-28 03:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yea, that's the same as what I was saying. I know the times and WSs. But what I'm asking is how accurate is it. Is there anyone that argues the theory or is it's pretty much 100% proven to be thsi way?
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Guildwork Premium
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Salmijr
Posts: 206
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2010-10-28 04:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Did you bother trying it?





Btw, its accurate.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
Posts: 2596
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It's 100% fact~ There are other things that can trigger these though, I think BST pets get some 'WSes' that count, so you can still get screwed even if you plan ahead.

I'd give you screenshots but we kill everything between 22-6 nowadays, we have all WSes covered. Just got Bullwhip belt doing this, etc.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
Posts: 13835
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 04:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Niniann said:
It's 100% fact~ There are other things that can trigger these though, I think BST pets get some 'WSes' that count, so you can still get screwed even if you plan ahead. I'd give you screenshots but we kill everything between 22-6 nowadays, we have all WSes covered. Just got Bullwhip belt doing this, etc.
I saw your screenshot but it only had 2 out of the 5 people in the allaince in the screenshot so I'd guess you got filters on...
 Leviathan.Niniann
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
Posts: 2596
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
It's 100% fact~ There are other things that can trigger these though, I think BST pets get some 'WSes' that count, so you can still get screwed even if you plan ahead. I'd give you screenshots but we kill everything between 22-6 nowadays, we have all WSes covered. Just got Bullwhip belt doing this, etc.
I saw your screenshot but it only had 2 out of the 5 people in the allaince in the screenshot so I'd guess you got filters on...

They were all afk, only Thorny and I do stuff usually >_>
 Asura.Masekase
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: masekase
Posts: 431
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-28 04:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
What about red !! is there a time or anything with that?

We tried yeserday, on 1 mob scrolled through all magic ws never got weakness. Only thing we never had was blu magic
 Leviathan.Niniann
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
Posts: 2596
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Masekase said:
What about yellow !! is there a time or anything with that?

We tried yeserday on 1 mob scrolled through all magic ws never got weakness only thing we never had was blu magic

Yes any magic from the current day and the day before and after can trigger weakness. Sooo, let's say it's Lightsday. Lightning, Light, and Dark-based spells have a chance to trigger.
 Asura.Masekase
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: masekase
Posts: 431
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-28 04:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
sorry edited it meant red
 Leviathan.Niniann
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
Posts: 2596
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Masekase said:
sorry edited it meant red

Seems just random :/ Can only be the "HQ" version though. So say there's Energy Steal and Energy Drain, only Drain can proc it.
 Asura.Masekase
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: masekase
Posts: 431
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-28 04:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Rahu wasnt a fun nm to cycle through ws to get weakness either lol

Gave up in the end and he dropped a wild onion lol

What a slap in the face lol
 Leviathan.Niniann
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
Posts: 2596
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
:( Yeah that ***sucks.
 Asura.Masekase
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: masekase
Posts: 431
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-28 04:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Also on Red Weakness is blu magic confirmed as not working ?

Just only see element ws
 Leviathan.Niniann
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
Posts: 2596
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Masekase said:
Also on Red Weakness is blu magic confirmed as not working ?

Just only see element ws

I'm not sure, but we went one NM without proccing !!'s using all elemental WSes, and we're 95% sure they were all done while it wasn't casting/tping/etc.
 Asura.Masekase
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: masekase
Posts: 431
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-28 04:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yes this is what happened to us last night we had all ws covered. Nothing triggered it and like you said we did it when not casting or tp ability.

Also dont know where smn fits into it with the blood pacts or bst.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
Posts: 2596
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
There's probably some BLU thing or BST thing that can trigger it, but I couldn't tell you which abilities would. :s
 Bahamut.Dasva
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
Posts: 13835
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 04:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Also on Red Weakness is blu magic confirmed as not working ?

Just only see element ws
I'm not sure, but we went one NM without proccing !!'s using all elemental WSes, and we're 95% sure they were all done while it wasn't casting/tping/etc.
I've always gotten it using the ones listed on wiki. It took a few tries on the stupid giant cause of it's normal attacks counting and all it's forms but meh
 Leviathan.Niniann
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
Posts: 2596
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 04:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Also on Red Weakness is blu magic confirmed as not working ?

Just only see element ws
I'm not sure, but we went one NM without proccing !!'s using all elemental WSes, and we're 95% sure they were all done while it wasn't casting/tping/etc.
I've always gotten it using the ones listed on wiki. It took a few tries on the stupid giant cause of it's normal attacks counting and all it's forms but meh

Yeah the one time was the only time it didn't work. I'm sure the list covers 95% of what can trigger.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
Posts: 13835
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 04:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Masekase said:
Also on Red Weakness is blu magic confirmed as not working ? Just only see element ws
I'm not sure, but we went one NM without proccing !!'s using all elemental WSes, and we're 95% sure they were all done while it wasn't casting/tping/etc.
I've always gotten it using the ones listed on wiki. It took a few tries on the stupid giant cause of it's normal attacks counting and all it's forms but meh
Yeah the one time was the only time it didn't work. I'm sure the list covers 95% of what can trigger.
I'm sure you just accidentally got at a wrong time!
Log in to post.