Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Pre75 Leveling
Pre75 Leveling
By Turisann 2010-10-27 10:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So now it seems that parties are gone, abyssea is king, and anyone under 75 is SoL. I don't like this, so I've been doing a lot of soloing lately but to not much avail. Is there any suggestions to leveling for a character who is level 52 with his highest job?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-10-27 10:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed this too... I'm currently leveling NIN @ 65, and I'm resorting to soloing as NIN/BLM on some BLM pets and ***... Gonna try to leech an abyss pt, tho I'd have to open chests and blah blah... It kinda sucks but thats all you can do really :/. Leech Abyssea (get in a friends party), do some campaign (though thats 60+~), or solo it... :/
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-27 10:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Duoing/Trioing at lower lvls with FoV and the increased exp given by EP/DC mobs will sometimes be faster than low level partys

most of the time(there are exceptions) ive noticed parties around 50-55 to suck

and there's always syncing down to like lvl 10-20, i've noticed that a lot of pre-75 people will accept those party invites because that's like all they can do for a party now

there are usually enough people LFP at one time to make a decent 6-man party too, you just might need to have a DD tank such as a WAR/NIN or a SAM/WAR

it has gotten harder to party and hit 75 but it isn't impossible
[+]
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Server: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-10-27 10:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what stops me from coming back to XI. if i would play again then i could lvl my jobs to whatever the cap is right now, but i also still need my subjobs lvld (which are a few if they are still useful). but i dont think that this will work so easy so i dont even bother
[+]
 Cerberus.Katsukora
Server: Cerberus
user: Katsukora
By Cerberus.Katsukora 2010-10-27 10:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My advice - as I mentioned to someone else who happened to be stuck at 57 WAR - solo DNC to sub level, then just sub that and fly through Fields of Valor. I've taken this same route with several melee jobs, even SCH to at least sub level since I have BLM to 80 now.

To be honest, Abyssea may be productive, but there's only so much one person can take in so many hours before they fall asleep. Proof would be the fact I did trying to level SMN to 80, got so tediously boring, xP
 Leviathan.Webjester
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2010-10-27 10:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Some suggestions:

1. Form a static: The first couple jobs I took up to 75 were done in an exp static. I made some great friends along the way, and learned a whole lot about the mechanics of the game.

2. MMM: Exp in MMM is great, especially around 37-45. Granted you'll need a full party, but that's what the static is for. You should have plenty of folks looking to finish their sub jobs around this level range, just be persistent.

3. Campaign/FoV/etc: Personally, I hate these options, but, some exp is better than none, I suppose.

Good Luck!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-10-27 10:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Level 37ish sync, East ronf (S).
People are allways up for that!
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-27 10:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Webjester said:
Some suggestions:

1. Form a static: The first couple jobs I took up to 75 were done in an exp static. I made some great friends along the way, and learned a whole lot about the mechanics of the game.

2. MMM: Exp in MMM is great, especially around 37-45. Granted you'll need a full party, but that's what the static is for. You should have plenty of folks looking to finish their sub jobs around this level range, just be persistent.

3. Campaign/FoV/etc: Personally, I hate these options, but, some exp is better than none, I suppose.

Good Luck!

i agree here

especially with the static part, just lvl with friends

do full parties and when you don't have enough people duo or trio

like right now im lvling my whm mainly with some friends, and when there aren't enough people to party with we can duo/trio

edit: also level sync helps with the static thing because people can change jobs and they dont need to all stay the same lvl to level up together
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-27 11:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

After leveling Blue Mage when it still had a stigma on it, I learned that FoV exp builds up fairly quickly over time. Even if you just log in for 30 minutes a day, you can level up moderately quick as long as you finish your page and maybe grab another one for the next day.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-27 11:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill pets. This is not just a black mage camp spot. You can get 150-200 fast exp on pets. Find a spot with two beastmaster type beastmen mobs, and go to town. They respawn pets every minute, so you should be good.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-10-28 09:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The sad thing about this is that if you cant get people to accept pts to low level parties... you're boned. A "/sea all inv" usually results in 30 or lesser people... meaning 1 to 85... theres only that many seeking... which could be a multiple amount of reasons, like events and such but from eyeballing theres a lot of ppl exp seekings.

Its just kinda sad that you HAVE to solo, or lowman, or have friends that are willing to set at a given time (which is hard for me... as I'm on 3rd shift :/)

Abyssea leeching really is one of the easiest ways to level sadly, but to find a pt who'd let you leech is less then likely... Even if you do open chests or w/ever :<
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-28 09:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
The sad thing about this is that if you cant get people to accept pts to low level parties... you're boned. A "/sea all inv" usually results in 30 or lesser people... meaning 1 to 85... theres only that many seeking... which could be a multiple amount of reasons, like events and such but from eyeballing theres a lot of ppl exp seekings.

Its just kinda sad that you HAVE to solo, or lowman, or have friends that are willing to set at a given time (which is hard for me... as I'm on 3rd shift :/)

Abyssea leeching really is one of the easiest ways to level sadly, but to find a pt who'd let you leech is less then likely... Even if you do open chests or w/ever :<

a lot of leeches make their own D:
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-28 09:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Im about to smash my FFXI cd's cz I feel stuck at the levels Im at (MNK75 and PUP66). For every two or three successful FoV runs, I would get killed twice doing other *** (farming in Sacririum and getting Mortal Ray'd). Luckily for me I get paid this week so Imma just get the *** expansions.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-28 09:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Turisann said:
So now it seems that parties are gone, abyssea is king, and anyone under 75 is SoL. I don't like this, so I've been doing a lot of soloing lately but to not much avail. Is there any suggestions to leveling for a character who is level 52 with his highest job?

i used to love xi, but all the abyssea madness made me quit. guess your only realistic choice is to start your own abyssea parties and be key ***.

other alternative is fov & solo.

i noticed that its possible to start own low level parties (like eron or wajaom) during NA prime, if you give it a little time and ask non seeking ppl too. during EU prime i couldnt even find 3 ppl who wanted to party if it wasnt abyssea.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-10-28 09:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Turisann said:

i used to love xi, but all the abyssea madness made me quit. guess your only realistic choice is to start your own abyssea parties and be key ***.

other alternative is fov & solo.

i noticed that its possible to start own low level parties (like eron or wajaom) during NA prime, if you give it a little time and ask non seeking ppl too. during EU prime i couldnt even find 3 ppl who wanted to party if it wasnt abyssea.
unfortunately it's the only way. :/
which is stupid. as if having tons of summoner burned under-skilled people wasn't enough. now they can key *** up just as fast!
 Cerberus.Nutt
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-28 09:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Linkshell parties are great. Someone usually always has a subjob, a trial, or a mule that needs to be leveled.

I solo because I like the peace. I can come with no gear. I can come as WHM/NIN if I want. I can do whatever I want and not have to hear from any backseat drivers.

If the only linkshell you're in is one of those that requires your soul and the blood of your firstborn then you'll have to solo with FOV. If you come /DNC or /WHM you can heal yourself.

Good Luck.

Fenrir.Parak
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2010-10-28 09:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This topic is the reason I quit. My subs are just too hard to level and I am getting sick of the abyssea madness...
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-10-28 09:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

@kfh Prepare to soar like a champion on mnk 75-85 in one party (or maybe two), your boundless joy will then be crushed like hot grapes in the winepress of dispair when you realize you gotta grind pup to 75 to get an invite...or suffer the indignity of being the chest popping key ***

Aby is awesome, if you had the foresight and wherwithall to level all jobs to 75 before the expansion....
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-28 10:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:

Aby is awesome, if you had the foresight and wherwithall to level all jobs to 75 before the expansion....

i had 12 75's pre abyssea and all my other jobs at 66 (except blu, dnc and pup)... always had fun exping. this fun died after about 20 abyssea parties lol.

Edit: the only job i ever AF burned was BST, 13- 22 and 58-66. because i hated leveling it but needed it for my maat's cap.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-28 10:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
@kfh Prepare to soar like a champion on mnk 75-85 in one party (or maybe two), your boundless joy will then be crushed like hot grapes in the winepress of dispair when you realize you gotta grind pup to 75 to get an invite...or suffer the indignity of being the chest popping key ***

***, I love my PUP job, I'll make my own parties if I have to.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-10-28 13:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

and the subjobs?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-28 13:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea should be 75+ only, this would solve this entire problem.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-10-28 14:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fli this is Final Fantasy XI...your sound logic and well thought out reasoning have no place within our world. Bunnies can fall over dead if you look at them crosseyed or rape and kill you based on your geographic location.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-28 14:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nik... I kinda remember your name... Did I ever do any events or party with you or something... I can't place you at all...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-10-28 15:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Prolly, Shiva is a small world, but I am fairly unremarkable in every way. I remember you from when you and Borealis flogged Lucant in public, if that helps, (which was excellent fun btw). I was laughing my *** off, over there, off to the side, but you probably didn't notice, you we're kind busy at the time.... Let's see, I'm that noob Thedond was helping out for a while when amicidivandiel was starting up...ummm yeah I'm that unremarkable elvan whm guy that ran around in his rse until 65 because he couldn't solo his af and he spent alot of time helping his fellow noobs. I wasn't even in a ls that had more than ten people until March of '09. "The new guy" kinda annoying the way all new guys are.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-10-28 15:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell SE to make an abyssea area for lower level jobs, ronfare, saruta, gustaberg, or batallia, Meriphataud, rolanberry :)
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-28 15:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:
Tell SE to make an abyssea area for lower level jobs, ronfare, saruta, gustaberg, or batallia, Meriphataud, rolanberry :)

i was thinking about this earlier today

and it would be awesome
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-28 17:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Turisann said:
Astral burn otherwise fov seems the best solo option unless you have a job like blm that can kill gob pets

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Gemah 2010-10-29 12:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, since a /sea all inv usually ends up in like 30 people at any given time, I don't think people should be picky anymore about what lvl they sync to (20+... screw the dunes). Few people in my ls refuse to sync under their lvl due to skill ups. Honestly, you can do that later. MMM is also a great choice which, if done right, is as fast as a merit party.

Or, you can give in and do abyssea. Suck that pride up and just do it. Or you can just wait 10+ hours for a party invite.