Forum » FFXI » General » Teamwork - "Flown the Coop"
Teamwork - "Flown the Coop"
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-10-27 09:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure this kinda thread isn't uncommon. I've got to rage a little though, since it's the morning and no one is on.

The repeatable quests for seals are pretty tedious. Luckily, right, "Flown the Coop" lets you team up and only one person has to catch the chocobo. Otherwise, there is a one minute cooldown, on top of however long it takes someone to catch it.

So here I go, looping this quest for some monk seals. Every time I come across someone at the spoor - 7 different people - doing the same quest, I offer to team up:

"<Chocobo> <Quest> <Team Up?> <Do you need it?>"

No one answers. Not once. So, I trade some greens. Oh, NOW they can talk - and act all pissed off because I "cut" in line. Yeah, I like some courtesy from people. But at the same time, I offered to help. I gave them a little bit to go ahead and trade.

Am I being a *** here? Or am I somehow supposed to just wait 5 minutes for them to finally go ahead and start the quest?
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-10-27 09:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

People who don't team up for the Chocobo quest are stupid. End of story.
 Titan.Prefalin
Server: Titan
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2010-10-27 09:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

since you asked them to team up you arent really a ***, no one asked me to team up or answered me even when i asked ppl to when i spent 13hrs to do it for creed armet+1 and was not a very fun time waiting when someone would scare the choco then wait for it to stop again just to scare it again c.c
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-27 09:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked some *** white mage last night to team up. He ignored me and traded his greens. He couldn't catch the bird. He then died to a coeurl, and the bird ran back and forth for 5 minutes before running away.

This *** wasted like 8 minutes of my time, and if he reads this I hope he dies.

People that don't team up seriously piss me off.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-10-27 09:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah! The best part is when they can't catch it! Like ok, if it's your first couple times, sure, but this isn't EVERYONE'S first day. Ok good though - I was starting to wonder if I was doing something wrong, but I couldn't figure wtf it could be.

And here we all are, willing to team - everyone from a different server.
 Alexander.Gib
Server: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-10-27 10:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I don't really understand it myself either... same with people doing ToM weapons that are doing the same trial as you and don't want team up. Seems this more often happen with JP Players, like they don't want to be arsed with English speaking people. in FFXI either JP players are *** or are super nice... never really seems to be middle ground.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-27 10:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep I got this all the time when I was spamming this quest on BLU. People are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I would ask like as they were running to the ???, multiple times in /say and /tell (obviously not spamming) and they would ignore me and pop it. Most of the time it was JP, I even google translate some JP and made sure it made sense with logmod so idk, they are just so racist and xenophobic.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-10-27 10:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i found it best to have a Brd in the pr for the Speed it cuts the time in half
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-10-27 11:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I only refused to party once on this quest and that was because I only had time for a couple of runs before logging out. I got a load of abuse in /tell from the person concerned when I said {no thanks}^^.

All other times I have teamed up (with both JP and English speaking) and have now completed my Tantra Crown +1 on my alt after doing the quest 60 times.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-10-27 12:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I always tried to team up and as I could gather I was only ever turned down by the JP populace, I don't want to go around tainting people with the same brush but it does seem a lot of JP players have an issue with the English speaking ones.
[+]
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-10-27 12:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive always been pretty lucky when it comes to JP ppl i get the nice ones willing to team up only 1 time have i ever got a duche was when I was doing trials for GK... needless to say i spent the next 20 hours with a bst friend claiming the stupid yagu nm and killing it for other sams ..... teach that mofo to fuk with this taru >:D
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-27 12:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
I only refused to party once on this quest and that was because I only had time for a couple of runs before logging out. I got a load of abuse in /tell from the person concerned when I said {no thanks}^^.

All other times I have teamed up (with both JP and English speaking) and have now completed my Tantra Crown +1 on my alt after doing the quest 60 times.

and? You have time for only a couple why not team up for those lol.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-10-27 13:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

oh btw, lol at the people rating down the JP comments.

All I ever said was that it's what i've noticed, I have absolutely no problem with JP players, i've met my fair share of nice ones but it's not uncommon that a lot of them may avoid non-JP players, maybe they want to avoid language barrier issues.

It's understandable in some cases, but the chocobo quest doesn't really involve much combination, usually whoever is quickest to the chocobo tracks will wait until everyone says they are ready, usually by {Ready!} or simply '/' and then catch the chocobo.

Not really much of a language issue there.