Link | Quote | Reply

:(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-07-24 06:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

btw nin, what is that in your sig on the officials?
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-07-24 08:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

On that note, I liked how you tried to mess with me in Altepa the other day - trying to get my THF to melee Rani and potentially charm the brewer?

No, you cannot have a free Rani.

Bad Xeno!

That Rani dropped my ring, too! :p
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-24 08:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:

On that note, I liked how you tried to mess with me in Altepa the other day - trying to get my THF to melee Rani and potentially charm the brewer?

Bad Xeno!

Grats!

Placebo or not, I like seeing, "Xenophire's Treasure Hunter effectiveness raises to 12." Need to SATA moar~
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-07-24 08:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Eeek said:

Bad Xeno!

Grats!

Placebo or not, I like seeing, "Xenophire's Treasure Hunter effectiveness raises to 12." Need to SATA moar~

Eh, it depends on the NM in question. If not engaged fulltime, I'll skill up throwing with my boomerang (197 now! lol), spam Collaborator on mages, and run in to SA and TA when the timers are up.

Rani is one of the few Abyssea NMs I leave well enough alone. :p

EDIT: And thank you!
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-24 08:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Eh, it depends on the NM in question. If not engaged fulltime, I'll skill up throwing with my boomerang (197 now! lol), spam Collaborator on mages, and run in to SA and TA when the timers are up.

Yeah, I always do the "Run in. SA. Run out. Run in. TA. Run out. Rinse. Repeat."
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-07-24 08:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Eeek said:

Yeah, I always do the "Run in. SA. Run out. Run in. TA. Run out. Rinse. Repeat."

You're a fat lil taru, though. You need your exercise! ;)
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-24 09:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth, you probably make more productive posts in this forum than everyone else put together, lol.

Your curiosity into the specifics of game mechanics is truly an asset to the FFXI community XD
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-24 12:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to keep this thread from going to ***. If I delete a post, don't repost it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-24 14:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So Byrth, any official word on Evasion Bonus IV!?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-24 14:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, I haven't gone back to test it again yet. I have enough merits built up for a solid de/remeritting, and maybe I can do it tonight.

I started collecting Alex for Terpsichore about a week ago. Got lucky and hit on some treasure troves that were susceptible to my seductive tarutaru waddle. Now I'm up to 4.25k Alex. 14% there~! I wouldn't be shocked if I'm at 5k by tomorrow.

I mostly need to make a lot of gil now. I'm still good for another 2-3k Alex, but then I will run into cash flow issues if things keep not selling.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-24 14:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to build a Terpsichore, but I'd have a really long way to go.
I've never done Einherjar, I've barely progressed in Nyzul Isle, and I'm a Superior Private.

One can dream.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-07-24 22:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said:
btw nin, what is that in your sig on the officials?

It's Ninian from Fire Emblem. ^^

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Naw, I haven't gone back to test it again yet. I have enough merits built up for a solid de/remeritting, and maybe I can do it tonight.

I started collecting Alex for Terpsichore about a week ago. Got lucky and hit on some treasure troves that were susceptible to my seductive tarutaru waddle. Now I'm up to 4.25k Alex. 14% there~! I wouldn't be shocked if I'm at 5k by tomorrow.

I mostly need to make a lot of gil now. I'm still good for another 2-3k Alex, but then I will run into cash flow issues if things keep not selling.

Good luck with that o___o; Are you doing it to have for testing, for completionist's sake or do you think it's actually a worthwhile weapon?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-25 07:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly for completion and because I've always thought Mythics were neat.

If "support DNC" ever comes back into style, I could see Terpsichore being a decent mainhand. Activate AM3, spam Waltzes, probably still get another 300TP in 3 minutes. Activate AM3, spam waltzes, etc. With AM3 up, it's the highest DPS dagger we have access to (without Saber Dance on).
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 07:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is less useful, but Terpsichore also looks awesome.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 07:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Mostly for completion and because I've always thought Mythics were neat.

If "support DNC" ever comes back into style, I could see Terpsichore being a decent mainhand. Activate AM3, spam Waltzes, probably still get another 300TP in 3 minutes. Activate AM3, spam waltzes, etc. With AM3 up, it's the highest DPS dagger we have access to (without Saber Dance on).

don't you get a full 5 FM with lv 90 terps enhance steps?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-25 07:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You do, but what for? If you're using Terpsi, you can't Rudra's. Climactic is barely worth the activation just to use it meleeing.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-25 07:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

CF Sharkbite is pretty good now though? just more freedom in burning through your FM before a self sc or skill chain. lets you not need NFR?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-25 08:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I don't know. The only way to turn it into a DD benefit is to point out that you need to use fewer steps (less TP spent, less delay) and never need to use Presto. This goes counter to the idea of a "supporting DNC" though. CF -> Shark Bite outside Abyssea hasn't been much better than just using Evisceration for me (or just using Rudra's).

Also, Studio Gobli has Pyrrhic Kleos listed as 1.5 fTP with 50% DEX(?) instead of our 20% STR/30% DEX.
 Cerberus.Littlewolftamer
Server: Cerberus
user: wolftamer
By Cerberus.Littlewolftamer 2011-07-25 12:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Public opinion on my Tier 2 merit choice that I'm expecting to go. I do mostly solo and duoing with my DNC, so setting up for that. Was planning:

4 Closed, 3 NFR, 3 Fan Dance. My other alternative was dropping a fan dance for capped closed position. Which would you go with, or something different completely?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19