level cap 90 or 99
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-26 08:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been lowmanning Abyssea NMs since I was 75. I do not think any mob in there cannot be killed with 6 or less people, at the most extreme end. 1-2 man setups on most things are very possible and I do them often.

I'm sorry that you were only good at Salvage, but RDM is really good at a lot of other things if you're decent at playing it! Just a very incomplete list from the top of my head, mainly NMs I've killed in the past:

Soloable:
Tahrongi: Mict... thing, Chukwa, Cuelebre, willing to believe Thew Bomblet NM is, Adze, Minhocao if you go in prepared, Yearner, etc
LaTheine: La Theine Liege, Brooder, Chasmic Hornet, Keesha Poppo, Mangy-Tailed Marvin, Megamaw Mikey, Piasa, Ruminator, etc
Konschtat: Bakka, Balaur, Depths Digester, Hexenpilz, Khalamari, Raskovnik, etc
Misareaux: Athamas, Asanbosam, Heqet, Flame Skimmer, Gukumatz, Manohra, Colibri NM, Funereal Apkallu, Cep-Kamuy, Cirein-Croin, Ironclad Severer, etc
Attohwa: Pallid Percy, Ironclad Cleaver, Wherwetice, idk I haven't farmed this zone much yet outside of a few NMs.
Vunkerl: Ironclad Executioner, Iktomi, again idk haven't farmed this zone much yet.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-26 09:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I've been lowmanning Abyssea NMs since I was 75. I do not think any mob in there cannot be killed with 6 or less people, at the most extreme end. 1-2 man setups on most things are very possible and I do them often. I'm sorry that you were only good at Salvage, but RDM is really good at a lot of other things if you're decent at playing it! Just a very incomplete list from the top of my head, mainly NMs I've killed in the past: Soloable: Tahrongi: Mict... thing, Chukwa, Cuelebre, willing to believe Thew Bomblet NM is, Adze, Minhocao if you go in prepared, Yearner, etc LaTheine: La Theine Liege, Brooder, Chasmic Hornet, Keesha Poppo, Mangy-Tailed Marvin, Megamaw Mikey, Piasa, Ruminator, etc Konschtat: Bakka, Balaur, Depths Digester, Hexenpilz, Khalamari, Raskovnik, etc Misareaux: Athamas, Asanbosam, Heqet, Flame Skimmer, Gukumatz, Manohra, Colibri NM, Funereal Apkallu, Cep-Kamuy, Cirein-Croin, Ironclad Severer, etc Attohwa: Pallid Percy, Ironclad Cleaver, Wherwetice, idk I haven't farmed this zone much yet outside of a few NMs. Vunkerl: Ironclad Executioner, Iktomi, again idk haven't farmed this zone much yet.

Mind if I ask how you solo'd Manohra. I thought I'd try it but remembered that *** had a silence aura so I got too scared to try. Asanbosam, Whiro, and that Colibri NM in Misareaux are my current accomplishments, but I haven't really done much exploring/researching.

I also thought about trying Thew Bomblet, but have to come up with some sort of plan in case I get para/silenced/etc. I'm worried spamming remedies will just break my bank(paralyze proc'ing everytime) and get me killed in the process.
 Ragnarok.Lagunabel
Server: Ragnarok
user: juro
By Ragnarok.Lagunabel 2010-10-26 09:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Attention ***.
Why would you help people who whine about how much they suck only so they can undercut and compete?
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-26 09:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Mind if I ask how you solo'd Manohra. I thought I'd try it but remembered that *** had a silence aura so I got too scared to try. Asanbosam, Whiro, and that Colibri NM in Misareaux are my current accomplishments, but I haven't really done much exploring/researching.

I also thought about trying Thew Bomblet, but have to come up with some sort of plan in case I get para/silenced/etc. I'm worried spamming remedies will just break my bank(paralyze proc'ing everytime) and get me killed in the process.

Just pull it in the flux tunnel near it's pop, it won't catch you with movement, aura only lasts 30 seconds, weak as hell with a PDT set
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-26 09:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
To me, seems they will go up to 99 because without it, we wouldn't hit the top teir on some spells. Thunder V, Thunderja, etc unless they are going to put ALL those spells from 86-90. Also, they could go back and make older content have more meaning for 91-99 or they could just have older/new gear keep getting upgraded through trials.

They ARE going to 99, everyones asking whether it will go to 99 with the next cap.

Fact: It wont. /endthread
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-10-26 09:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jetta said:
Ifrit.Elmodfz said:
I guess this is a stupid question but why is the lvl cap only going to 99 and not 100? Just to round it off nicely?

SE didn't think to make level a numeric datafield and made it an alphanumeric of length 2 so they are restricted to 99.
There have been screenshots of devs early on at like Lv.125 that I've seen. Its possible to go higher than 99.

My guess?

December=Lv. 90 (End of WoTG, last Abyssea, Announcement of new expansion)
March 2011=Lv. 95 (New expansion)
June 2011=Lv. 99 (UI update (if that really is the issue) probably actually Lv. 100)

I don't see any reason for them to hard cap the levels again after this point, I see future level increases of 5 every update even after 99.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-26 10:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Cerberus.Jetta said:
Ifrit.Elmodfz said:
I guess this is a stupid question but why is the lvl cap only going to 99 and not 100? Just to round it off nicely?

SE didn't think to make level a numeric datafield and made it an alphanumeric of length 2 so they are restricted to 99.
There have been screenshots of devs early on at like Lv.125 that I've seen. Its possible to go higher than 99.

My guess?

December=Lv. 90 (End of WoTG, last Abyssea, Announcement of new expansion)
March 2011=Lv. 95 (New expansion)
June 2011=Lv. 99 (UI update (if that really is the issue) probably actually Lv. 100)

I don't see any reason for them to hard cap the levels again after this point, I see future level increases of 5 every update even after 99.

Highest i've seen a dev was Sundi at level 82DRK back in the beta, maybe you're thinking of a different game?
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-10-26 10:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it only 82? Maybe it was spells datamined or something that had the level set that high. I'll look around.

Edit: Yeah my mistake, I don't know where I pulled that 125 number from. Can't find anything searching around :/
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-26 11:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I've been lowmanning Abyssea NMs since I was 75. I do not think any mob in there cannot be killed with 6 or less people, at the most extreme end. 1-2 man setups on most things are very possible and I do them often.

I'm sorry that you were only good at Salvage, but RDM is really good at a lot of other things if you're decent at playing it! Just a very incomplete list from the top of my head, mainly NMs I've killed in the past:

Soloable:
Tahrongi: Mict... thing, Chukwa, Cuelebre, willing to believe Thew Bomblet NM is, Adze, Minhocao if you go in prepared, Yearner, etc
LaTheine: La Theine Liege, Brooder, Chasmic Hornet, Keesha Poppo, Mangy-Tailed Marvin, Megamaw Mikey, Piasa, Ruminator, etc
Misareaux: Athamas, Asanbosam, Heqet, Flame Skimmer, Gukumatz, Manohra, Colibri NM, Funereal Apkallu, Cep-Kamuy, Cirein-Croin, Ironclad Severer, etc
Attohwa: Pallid Percy, Ironclad Cleaver, Wherwetice, idk I haven't farmed this zone much yet outside of a few NMs.
Vunkerl: Ironclad Executioner, Iktomi, again idk haven't farmed this zone much yet.

did you solo masamune ?
do you even have a blank level 80 empyreal ?
Talking about real gear here not the hamburgers they release every VU for fat greedy gimps (AF2)

Turns out you can only solo useless junk

At the idots claiming its simpossible to go past level 99, well, do you seriously expect all mobs to be capped at 99 ¿
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-26 11:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Soloable:

did you solo masamune ?
Talking about real gear here not the hamburgers they release every VU for fat greedy gimps (AF2)

At the idots claiming its simpossible to go past level 99, well, do you seriously expect all mobs to be capped at 99 ¿
lol, france.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-26 11:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
did you solo masamune ?

In case you don't know, Cirein-Croin is what you need to kill to finish the Masamune. It and both of the NMs leading to it at soloable. Not so useless! All NMs leading to Carabosse are soloable as well.

And AF3 is useless? You are aware AF3 gives you FAR greater increases to your power than anything lolslavage ever released?

Turns out you were just a fat greedy gimp all along!

And no, I do not have a blank Empyrean because while it is within the realms of feasibility for me to get one, currently it is not worth my time investment.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-10-26 11:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Soloable:
Tahrongi: willing to believe Thew Bomblet NM

I watched a PLD solo that NM while I was in an exp pt. Forgot to check what sub he had though.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-26 11:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I had a feeling. It's so weak that you could probably just muscle your way through the Paralysis.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-26 11:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

And AF3 is useless? You are aware AF3 gives you FAR greater increases to your power than anything lolslavage ever released?

2% 3% ? Sounds like salvage.
Useless as in gear get outdated every VU, but you must be used to it now. There is no goal, not even empyreal as they will likely be junk at 99.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-26 12:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lemme know when +1/2% Haste + amazing other stats and allow you to free up gear for a 5hit additionally become 2-3% increases, or enhances to existing already amazing mage JA/JTs with great stats.

I could make a list here but I'd just end up listing everything. Just look up Empyrean armor: every single set is amazing, even the weaker ones (eg DRK).

FYI: this VU didn't outdate all or even most of the gear in Visions, and there is so much content to do that I doubt many people have all they need from both of these VUs yet, not even including Empyreans in that.

You seem bitter that lolslavage gear doesn't continue to be the best. Things are now from events that are not based on you vs the random number generator, and people who are skilled enough to lowman certain things get gear at a much increased pace. Yes, some stuff will be outdated by updates to come, and this is good - much better than getting swamped in the HNM/Slavage quagmire that we got in before, when we would work months for gear they had to make hard to get out of necessity because they weren't planning on ever expanding again. When you get said gear, enjoy your minor increase.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-26 12:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

mog bonanza...in december...i hope i win something besides damn statues -.-
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-26 12:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
2% 3% ? Sounds like salvage. Useless as in gear get outdated every VU, but you must be used to it now. There is no goal, not even empyreal as they will likely be junk at 99.
You're an idiot..
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-26 12:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Elmodfz said:

I dont recall and FF game (within the main series) where levels weren't capped at 99. I would say it's a FF tradition (if memory serves).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-26 12:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

FF8 caps you at 100.
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-26 13:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
FF8 caps you at 100.

Oh please 8 was the worst FF ever. It clearly shouldn't count! Wasn't that the origin of tetramaster?
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-10-26 13:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

2% 3% ? Sounds like salvage.
Useless as in gear get outdated every VU, but you must be used to it now. There is no goal, not even empyreal as they will likely be junk at 99.

lol you:

get the *** out while you still can.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-10-26 13:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:

Oh please 14 was the worst FF ever. It clearly shouldn't count!
fix'd
[+]
 Cerberus.Corphish
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2010-10-26 13:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
FF8 caps you at 100.

Oh please 8 was the worst FF ever. It clearly shouldn't count! Wasn't that the origin of tetramaster?

What happened, Zandra. You used to be cool.

On another note. 13 = worst.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-26 13:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Corphish said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
FF8 caps you at 100.

Worse than X-2 ?
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-10-26 13:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan, you're a moron. If people have successfully solo'd/duo'd Carabosse and Cirein-Croin, and the NMs required to pop both of those NMs then obviously Masamune is duoable. It's very simple math, like 1+1=2. Now, whether or not people have done it is a different story. If 2 people wanted to spend a rediculously large amount of time on this path then they could do it. No one ever in this thread said that the entirety of the Masamune path HAS been duo'd already...all anyone ever said was that it's possible...since both of those NMs and the NMs to pop them at all solo/duoable then it's 'possible'.

By the time we get to 99 I'm sure the Relic/Mythic/Empyrean will all have level 99 Versions through Magian trials and still remain the best weapons. After all the trials for them why would SE just stop all of a sudden and have them overtaken by something else. I also wouldn't be surprised of the AF3 gear will be upgraded in the future to +3.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-10-26 13:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Cerberus.Corphish said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
FF8 caps you at 100.

Worse than X-2 ?
13 was good, it just didn't live to the expectations of everyone else.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-26 13:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Pchan, you're a moron. If people have successfully solo'd/duo'd Carabosse and Cirein-Croin, and the NMs required to pop both of those NMs then obviously Masamune is duoable. It's very simple math, like 1+1=2. Now, whether or not people have done it is a different story. If 2 people wanted to spend a rediculously large amount of time on this path then they could do it. No one ever in this thread said that the entirety of the Masamune path HAS been duo'd already...all anyone ever said was that it's possible...since both of those NMs and the NMs to pop them at all solo/duoable then it's 'possible'.

By the time we get to 99 I'm sure the Relic/Mythic/Empyrean will all have level 99 Versions through Magian trials and still remain the best weapons. After all the trials for them why would SE just stop all of a sudden and have them overtaken by something else. I also wouldn't be surprised of the AF3 gear will be upgraded in the future to +3.

Just ignore Pchan, he tries too hard...
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-26 13:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Lemme know when +1/2% Haste + amazing other stats and allow you to free up gear for a 5hit additionally become 2-3% increases, or enhances to existing already amazing mage JA/JTs with great stats.

I could make a list here but I'd just end up listing everything. Just look up Empyrean armor: every single set is amazing, even the weaker ones (eg DRK).

All you do is replace a 25% haste set by another one, trading accuracy or attack on other slots, both of which are useless because everyone and their mother cap accuracy everywhere since SE's answer to the QQ of 2H update was pizza, and because attack is useless due to pdif formulaes being what they are. If your job capped haste at 75 nothing happened. Or at least it's the same minor upgrade that for instance a full usu mnk got compared to a sky monk. RDM set is essentially a package of more situational gear that you farm at the cost of invo -3, each piece being a side grade of previous gear at best. Thank for the offer, but AF body and duelist's chapeau is still the way to go for 99% of what you do.

Quote:

FYI: this VU didn't outdate all or even most of the gear in Visions, and there is so much content to do that I doubt many people have all they need from both of these VUs yet, not even including Empyreans in that.

The previous VU also outdated the level 75 gear beside mayber 10 piece of gear across all jobs. The last VU defeated the purpose of farming anything in the first abyssea because 1) everyone targets AF3 and 2) only the belt NM is worth your time. Next update will do the same except this time all body from 1st abyssea can be put to trash.

Quote:

You seem bitter that lolslavage gear doesn't continue to be the best.

I don't give a ***since I finished my 2 set in 2007 ™.

Quote:
random number generator,

=abyssea, and everything else in the game. Anything 100% is common=cheap=everyone has=easy to get= noone gives a *** (turban).

Quote:

and people who are skilled enough to lowman certain things get gear at a much increased pace.

It's almost as if you started playing in 2010. Let me guess ; you were in the Hnm *** prior to june ? No wonder. 99% of the good gear in the game could be low manned (<6) since like 2006.
[+]