level cap 90 or 99
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-25 15:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be level 90. level 99 would make the previous abyssea soloable and they don't like casual playing in FFXI so yeah. This time 300k exp to reach 90, or 1 day. More magian grind continuing empyreal path. AF2 bodies and hands (+2) and that's it.

Inbe4 earring rewards from wotg suck (like the one from the quests).

[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-25 15:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably difficult to try and obtain job balance if they raised the cap that high in one go. Same way back when 75 was released.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-25 15:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
It will be level 90. level 99 would make the previous abyssea soloable and they don't like casual playing in FFXI so yeah. This time 300k exp to reach 90, or 1 day. More magian grind continuing empyreal path. AF2 bodies and hands (+2) and that's it.

You can solo/duo CURRENT abyssea content so whats your point?
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-25 15:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would guess 90. Part of me hopes its 99..I really want to be done with lvling. That and if I have to keep buying $10 expansions every 3 months I will not be very happy.

This might have been parts of SE's plan all along..toy with us get us hooked on Abyssea and then do 5 freaking expansions all at $10 so they can rape the player base that wants to see what 99 offers. Mean while they release 14 a bad game making more players come back to FFXI so they make even more cash.

Touche SE!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-25 15:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I'll play XI again is when the job specific emotes come out and I cycle through them all giggling like a school girl.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-25 15:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you already quit Fli?

I have no intention of quiting 11. I will keep playing as long as I have fun when I log on. Once the fun ends I will quit, i'll walk away and look back on all the fun i've had.

But spending $50 just so I can get my video game character from 75 to 99 is really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE...expecially when I pay $14.99 a month already.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-25 15:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:

I have no intention of quiting 11. I will keep playing as long as I have fun when I log on. Once the fun ends I will quit, i'll walk away and look back on all the fun i've had.

But spending $50 just so I can get my video game character from 75 to 99 is really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE...expecially when I pay $14.99 a month already.

I have to ask, is $10 every 3 months really that big of a deal?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-25 16:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:

Well quit... in a way I guess, I still help friends with low-man WOE and some abyssea NM's, but I don't go for any gear really don't care about it enough.

I miss it sometimes, but I miss pre Abyssea to be more exact.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-25 16:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Did you already quit Fli? I have no intention of quiting 11. I will keep playing as long as I have fun when I log on. Once the fun ends I will quit, i'll walk away and look back on all the fun i've had. But spending $50 just so I can get my video game character from 75 to 99 is really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE...expecially when I pay $14.99 a month already.
For me no? Explaining it to my wife? Yes. No it's not that big of a deal but who pays a months service fee to play a game and then pays a quarterly fee to lvl to higher lvl? I might be wrong but I don't think it happens very often.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-25 16:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you paying to level?
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-25 16:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Did you already quit Fli? I have no intention of quiting 11. I will keep playing as long as I have fun when I log on. Once the fun ends I will quit, i'll walk away and look back on all the fun i've had. But spending $50 just so I can get my video game character from 75 to 99 is really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE...expecially when I pay $14.99 a month already.
For me no? Explaining it to my wife? Yes. No it's not that big of a deal but who pays a months service fee to play a game and then pays a quarterly fee to lvl to higher lvl? I might be wrong but I don't think it happens very often.

Do you happen to play any other video games? I mean, $50 is about the price of a game and that is over a 15 month period if its every 3 months.

When you put it into prospective, its not bad at all really.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-25 16:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Well quit... in a way I guess, I still help friends with low-man WOE and some abyssea NM's, but I don't go for any gear really don't care about it enough. I miss it sometimes, but I miss pre Abyssea to be more exact.
I love Abyssea it gives me a lot to do..and it keeps me very busy. But I do hate how it has killed a few aspects of the game that I don't think they intended it to kill. For instance, low lvl parting is basically dead..well unless you have friends that want to xp. Abyssea is fine and dandy but I think there needs to be a minimum lvl limit like 60 or something. It also killed campagin, besieged, Nyzul Isle, and a large part of Salvage, and maybe doing assaults because why does it matter if you are Captain.

I miss Pre-Abyssea FFXI but I am still really enjoying the game.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-25 16:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
How are you paying to level?

Abyssea,

'nuff said.

if you don't have all or any abyssea zones your pretty much *** in terms of getting any exp unless you have friends that are willing to stop and go down to your pace (oh god, not that! /sigh)

Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-25 16:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes abyssea is all people care about at all. Others suggest things to rejuvinate old content and few get their panties in a twist. We need a variety of content.. not just abyssea.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-25 16:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Do you happen to play any other video games? I mean, $50 is about the price of a game and that is over a 15 month period if its every 3 months. When you put it into prospective, its not bad at all really.
I use to play alot of other game but now I pretty much only play XI. I found my old PS2 the other day and I started playing Tiger Woods 05 and Madden 04 but FF is really my only game. $50 isn't bad at all when I could be buying new games but when I spend $50 only to increase levels I find it annoying.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-25 16:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Do you happen to play any other video games? I mean, $50 is about the price of a game and that is over a 15 month period if its every 3 months. When you put it into prospective, its not bad at all really.
I use to play alot of other game but now I pretty much only play XI. I found my old PS2 the other day and I started playing Tiger Woods 05 and Madden 04 but FF is really my only game. $50 isn't bad at all when I could be buying new games but when I spend $50 only to increase levels I find it annoying.

So, wait, you only level in abyssea? You dont kill nms, get new gear, etc?
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-25 16:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
So, wait, you only level in abyssea? You dont kill nms, get new gear, etc?
You know what I mean..i was being very general. Yes I kill NM, yes I quest, yes I get gear, yes I farm Atma, yes I do alot of stuff in abyssea. You missed my point or you may have just looked passed it. But yes I do lot of stuff in Abyssea.
 Cerberus.Ciecle
Server: Cerberus
user: Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2010-10-25 16:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They did specifically state in their 'Talk session' at VanaFest that the level cap will be raised to 99 by the 'END' of the year. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/index.html?page=2(Under gallery), but... SE... Their game etc...
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-25 16:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ciecle said:
They did specifically state in their 'Talk session' at VanaFest that the level cap will be raised to 99 by the 'END' of the year. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/index.html?page=2(Under gallery)
That was then..knowning SE they won't stick to what they've said and will finish it sometime next year.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-25 16:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ciecle said:
They did specifically state in their 'Talk session' at VanaFest that the level cap will be raised to 99 by the 'END' of the year. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/index.html?page=2(Under gallery), but... SE... Their game etc...

So, because they said we would be 99 by the end of the year, it makes logical since they will stop at 90.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-10-25 16:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Cerberus.Ciecle said:

So, because they said we would be 99 by the end of the year, it makes logical since they will stop at 90.

They didn't say by the end of the year.

Quote:
History is about to be made as the level cap will be increased starting with the version update scheduled for this summer! The increase will take place in stages until the new maximum, level 99, has been reached.

That's what they said. Nothing about it being by the end of the year.

Also

The last Abyssea installment won't be until 2011
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-25 17:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you missed the sarcasm lol.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-25 17:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what kind of content SE has planned for post level 99....
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-25 18:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

No, you can't. Show me your masamune first then I'll agree.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-25 18:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-25 18:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

olawd
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-25 18:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

RDM/NIN x2 can duo a lot of abyssea nms, ¿suck less?
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-25 18:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

Two people can entirely duo a Masamune. It will take awhile, but it is absolutely possible. All NMs along that path are solo/duoable.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-25 18:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how it takes no effort to make pchan look stupid because he does it himself so well.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-10-25 18:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

/urgh this thread,... not enough trolls

really there isnt enough

its 99.. clearly.. theres no 2 ways about it.. we has METEORRRR to get yet which tbh isnt going to be in the next update itsll be in the 99 update.

/thread.. game over