Forum » FFXI » General » ZAM Scars of Abyssea Question/Answers
ZAM Scars of Abyssea Question/Answers
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-10-25 14:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I've thought up that would be a great idea for AF3+1 seals is this:

Make the seals trade-able. Although not in the traditional sense. Meaning, Player A would not be able to trade a seal to Player B, as if passing a Fire Crystal or Gold Beastcoin.
Rather, make it so players can "swap" seals, one-for-one, even trade. Meaning, if Player A gets a WAR feet seal from a quest, but has no use for WAR seals, Player A could trade his WAR seal to Player B, but only if Player B traded a different seal to Player A during the same transaction.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-25 14:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
One thing I've thought up that would be a great idea for AF3+1 seals is this:

Make the seals trade-able. Although not in the traditional sense. Meaning, Player A would not be able to trade a seal to Player B, as if passing a Fire Crystal or Gold Beastcoin.
Rather, make it so players can "swap" seals, one-for-one, even trade. Meaning, if Player A gets a WAR feet seal from a quest, but has no use for WAR seals, Player A could trade his WAR seal to Player B, but only if Player B traded a different seal to Player A during the same transaction.
Just screams PS2 rimitations.

Not like the seals are even hard to get though. Although you did say quest, so that's probably your problem right there.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-25 14:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me know which ones you still need. If I happen to be in the zone soloing when you're in there, I can let you know if a pair pops up a chest.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-25 14:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what other questions should have been asked....

Seems the 3 that were asked are generally the questions that most people have right now.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-10-25 14:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:

Not like the seals are even hard to get though. Although you did say quest, so that's probably your problem right there.

I personally loathe repeatable questing. So I'm not sure this is "my problem" as you suggested. Majority of the seals I've personally acquired have been from NMs.

However, I was making this suggestion to improve things for those who like the quest option for seals.

Nonetheless, it could be applied to seals derived from any source. If you're trying for a BLM seal, but end up with a PUP seal, and no PUPs are in your group, why should that seal have to be wasted? The "fix" I'm suggesting would allow me to take the PUP seal into town, find a PUP who has a BLM seal he doesn't want, and make a swap/trade with him.

You're probably right about the PS2 limitation thing though.
I wish we could do away with PS2 version FFXI. It's really time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-25 14:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The droprate on seals is not as bad as you're making it out to be. If you really cared to you could easily upgrade a piece in a few hours. Compare that to upgrading Salvage armour for a second.

I shout to give seals away if it's not one we need, if there's no bites tough ***. The AF3 upgrading system really is not flawed at all.

AF feet droprates are piss poor and I hope they up those though~
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-10-25 14:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
The droprate on seals is not as bad as you're making it out to be. If you really cared to you could easily upgrade a piece in a few hours. Compare that to upgrading Salvage armour for a second.

I shout to give seals away if it's not one we need, if there's no bites tough ***. The AF3 upgrading system really is not flawed at all.

AF feet droprates are piss poor and I hope they up those though~

The system may not be, but the quests are. For example, the ONLY thing im after is smn head seals. So im doing quests, i have 15 WAR seals, 14 SCH, 13 DNC, and 6 smn. The least they could do is make them stop giving a certain seal after 8.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-25 14:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just do NMs? Any two retards can duo most if not all Tier 1 NMs in Abyssea lol
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-10-25 14:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aggressor Antlion is the only solo/duoable NM that drops smn. Ive killed him at least 10 times, and he doesnt drop ***unless you trigger the !!. And aside from that, he is claimed almost the second he pops most of the time on this server. So quests are really the only option, which are largely flawed, as i said in my original statement
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-25 14:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Or just do NMs? Any two retards can duo most if not all Tier 1 NMs in Abyssea lol

You'd be shocked. If seen people with 10-18 wipe to the worm in chasm a few different times.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-25 14:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree with Tidus on the quest not giving you more than 8 of a particular type. I'd also be fine with an NPC that lets you trade lets say 4 seals you don't want for 1 seal that you do.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-25 14:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Aggressor Antlion is the only solo/duoable NM that drops smn. Ive killed him at least 10 times, and he doesnt drop ***unless you trigger the !!. And aside from that, he is claimed almost the second he pops most of the time on this server. So quests are really the only option, which are largely flawed, as i said in my original statement

Should try Mielikki. Drops COR, BST, SMN, PUP seals and an abyssite that gives +3 minutes to stones. Im sure you can find people to come along for abyssite alone.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-25 14:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That tree is nothing. I was meleeing it on WHM duoing it with a MNK. Suck less.

The skeleton doesn't look difficult either. But I haven't done it yet. I'll gladly go duo it to prove you wrong though~
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-10-25 14:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

Should try Mielikki. Drops COR, BST, SMN, PUP seals and an abyssite that gives +3 minutes to stones. Im sure you can find people to come along for abyssite alone.

Ive actually killed the tree, 4 times. we triggered the !! every time and got at least 3 seals each time. Out of all the seals, only 1 was smn. I can chalk that up to bad luck, but its not like that was any faster then quests. And snick gets filed under moron, thank god for the block function.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rellz
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-10-25 14:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Oh hey, let's limit how much long you can gain experience, so people who can't play as many hours don't feel left behind!
ive played for just about 2 weeks straight and only hit minor surplus once
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-25 14:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

Ive actually killed the tree, 4 times. we triggered the !! every time and got at least 3 seals each time. Out of all the seals, only 1 was smn. I can chalk that up to bad luck, but its not like that was any faster then quests. And snick gets filed under moron, thank god for the block function.
I do love it when people resort to calling others morons because they can't kill t1 NMs~
[+]
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-25 15:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The people here complaining need to suck it up and try harder. Four kills is nothing, put in a legitimate effort if you want a reward.

My 5 man static got 8 Rdm, 8 War, 6 Sch, 2 Cor, 6 Thf, 4 Dnc, and a ton of free lot (jobs people had but weren't prioritizing) in a single run Saturday with only 4 members present. We shouted/gave away the extras, or just let them drop, and exited with a time surplus.

In terms of effort:payoff he AF3 system is one of (if not the most) balanced and rewarding SE has implemented in years. WoE would be a close second if they could fix the leech problem.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-25 15:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
In terms of effort:payoff he AF3 system is one of (if not the most) balanced and rewarding SE has implemented in years. WoE would be a close second if they could fix the leech problem.
This. So much this.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2010-10-25 15:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if the NM is easily low-mannable, the drop rates for some seals are just awful, with a one seal always seeming to be a rarer drop in comparison to the others (Unkai from Chhir-Batti, Lancer's from Gaizkin, etc). Some seals just genuinely seem harder to obtain in than others.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-25 15:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't complaining. I have about 15 pieces of +1 gear, and 2 completed pieces of +2 (3rd and 4th piece halfway done). I was just saying it would be nice if you could trade 4 seals for 1. Maybe even the same quest NPC that gives you the random seals. If the jobs listed are mnk,pld,blu,brd for example. You get 16 extra mnk seals that you can't use. Trade them back to that npc and he gives you 4 of your choice instead.

Obviously it won't happen because that would take a lot of work on SE's part, but it would still be nice.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-25 15:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said:
Even if the NM is easily low-mannable, the drop rates for some seals are just awful, with a one seal always seeming to be a rarer drop in comparison to the others (Unkai from Chhir-Batti, Lancer's from Gaizkin, etc). Some seals just genuinely seem harder to obtain in than others.
So keep killing them? The popped NM ??? are what, a 3 minute cooldown?

People bitching about these drop rates seem to magically forget salvage, I don't get it.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-25 15:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:
Thanks for moving topic whoever did. Sorry about the wrong placing :/ Fail Eli is fail

Show ur *** and we'll forget the mistake.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-25 15:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said:
So keep killing them? The popped NM ??? are what, a 3 minute cooldown?

People bitching about these drop rates seem to magically forget salvage, I don't get it.

Well, to be fair, you could only kill a 35 NM once a day.

I get what you are saying, its easier than salvage because you can spam a pop NM every 3 minutes but to compare the "drop rate" to salvage, you would have to compare it by only killing the NM once per day and in that case, would take awhile to get 8/8.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-25 15:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I wasn't complaining. I have about 15 pieces of +1 gear, and 2 completed pieces of +2 (3rd and 4th piece halfway done). I was just saying it would be nice if you could trade 4 seals for 1. Maybe even the same quest NPC that gives you the random seals. If the jobs listed are mnk,pld,blu,brd for example. You get 16 extra mnk seals that you can't use. Trade them back to that npc and he gives you 4 of your choice instead. Obviously it won't happen because that would take a lot of work on SE's part, but it would still be nice.

This^

I would die if this could happen i swear. I can trade in all my pup and dnc seals and get all my nin seals finally.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-25 15:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

my server just had a small Mielikki run for the abyssite, we got it 1/1 and then killed it a few more times for fun and seals lol (i would up getting 1 pup iwanted and 2 cor nobody wanted lol, and we got a bst seal and bloom buckler out of the 3 kills). So atleast my server there was definite interest in the soujorn key item itself. Easy as ***NM with pets (2x bst and my pup were shredding it apart and the rdm was droppin bombs)