Youtube Enbedding Lag?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » youtube enbedding lag?
youtube enbedding lag?
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-10-23 21:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

is it just me or is enbedded youtube links lag/bnffer waaaay longer then they should. for example. i was visiting the "pics that make you lol"
and there seems to be a lot of you-tube links. unfortunately its not working so well. even for 2 min videos my 20 meg connection only plays 5 sec. buffers for 30 sec. is this just me?

however if i click the video and go on you-tube and watch it. they work just fine

free AVG anti-virus, avast anti-virus/spy-ware, ad-aware, spybot search-n-destroy. nothing funny going on with ads and other things ad-wares cause.

browser: firefox fully updated
addons: adblock, realtime, ffxihelper

system: AMD phenom X3 720 BE, Nvidia Gefoce 450GTX 1g
RAM 3.5gigs random brands. main drive 250WD gig sata 3gbps

Net: Time Warner Stranded road runner (7mbps) speedtest.net shows im getting 23mbps god knows that's wrong.... and latacny is only 27ms

Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-10-23 21:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not having that issue, and I'm on a 3 Mbps connection. I guess it might be Firefox? Try with Chrome.
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-10-23 21:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Na this usually happens when they do maintenance on their servers. Your region must be in the affected area of their maintenance.
It will stop after a day or two. Although one time it took a week for mine to stop doing that.
(-_-)
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-10-23 21:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, have you cleared your Flash cache? You can at this website, ironic you need a flash applet to do it lol.

Edit: This was my 3,000th post! ^^
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-10-23 21:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Daleterrence your avatar-pic thing of link. i renumber seeing a video of 4 links making music with the normal link sounds, but can't seem to find that. do you remember where it was?