Me And My Indecisiveness..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Me and my indecisiveness..
Me and my indecisiveness..
 Siren.Snowe
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Stewie
By Siren.Snowe 2010-10-23 10:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. I'm looking to leveling another job to 85.. and i can't put my finger on which one i want to do...
I have WAR85 BLM85 RDM82 NIN75 BST62 and the rest are 42 and below..

My most recent decision was to level COR, but after reading threads about it, i don't think i could do it.. The cost, the busy-ness of the job.. Idk if i could be a good enough COR. :(

I'm good at keeping everyone buffed on RDM (with the assistance of Yarnball that is) Does that mean that I'd be ok at keeping rolls up?

My main concern is that i don't want to level the job up and then suck at it when it comes to prime time.

So, your opinions will be appreciated, as they may or may not save me gil :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-10-23 11:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor is really fun just takes pratice on getting your rotation right for rolls plus you get slug shot >:D
 Siren.Snowe
By Siren.Snowe 2010-10-23 11:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

the biggest challenge is getting to 12 :/ lol
By MoonZ 2010-10-23 12:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Snowe said:
the biggest challenge is getting to 12 :/ lol

lol u can get 12 in 2 hrs on cor
Cor roll + the spike of FoV + sword
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-10-23 12:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The easiest way to get 12 is to /smn, FoV refresh makes Fenrir free, so its like having 2 ppl for full exp. And hes not majorly gimped.
 Siren.Snowe
By Siren.Snowe 2010-10-23 12:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

if only i had fenrir.. or even /smn lol..
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-23 12:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yarnball works for Rolls as well. It's what I use, and it works well.

Oh, and /PUP>/SMN!

And Dusk Gloves are cheap! :P
 Leviathan.Zephriel
Server: Leviathan
user: Zephriel
By Leviathan.Zephriel 2010-10-23 12:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Snowe said:
My most recent decision was to level COR, but after reading threads about it, i don't think i could do it.. The cost, the busy-ness of the job.. Idk if i could be a good enough COR. :(

I'm good at keeping everyone buffed on RDM (with the assistance of Yarnball that is) Does that mean that I'd be ok at keeping rolls up?

My main concern is that i don't want to level the job up and then suck at it when it comes to prime time.

You'll be fine as long as you're focused. Yarnball is a godsend and you can maintain your rolls easily as long as you keep your eye on the phantom roll timer. If you can handle the pressures of being a good RDM then you can definitely take on COR.

You'll learn a lot about your job through exp parties as well as endgame events (though I'm not sure what endgame is like now; I haven't played since June). COR is versatile, and the role you need to take on will constantly be changing. There will be many different situations you'll have to adapt to, and the only way to know if you'll be good at it or not is to try it.

I do have one warning for you though: COR is an inventory hog. Be prepared to carry multiple sets of gear as well as bullets, cards, medicine, etc. But seeing as how you're also a mage it should be something you're already used to, lol. The item sets on the site should give you a general idea of what you'll need. If you do decide to give COR a shot (yesss a pun!), good luck, and remember to have fun!
 Siren.Snowe
By Siren.Snowe 2010-10-23 13:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Yarnball works for Rolls as well. It's what I use, and it works well.

Oh, and /PUP>/SMN!

And Dusk Gloves are cheap! :P

I know, i have a pair, i just used perle hands because i was sick of walking slow, but now i have the +1 legs i'll start using them again
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-10-23 13:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't worry about rolls.

I don't even know what yarnball is but I never really had trouble keeping up 4 rolls. The 1 min cooldown on Phantom Roll actually means more then often you'll just be waiting on cooldown for your next roll instead of because someone doesn't have a roll.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-23 13:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Snowe said:
i was sick of walking slow,
This just makes me facepalm so hard :| You can macro in your WS hands and Hermes' Sandals when you run around.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-23 13:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Optimis said:
Cor is really fun just takes pratice on getting your rotation right for rolls plus you get slug shotWildfire >:D
[+]
 Cerberus.Nutt
Server: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-23 14:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Snowe said:
So.. I'm looking to leveling another job to 85.. and i can't put my finger on which one i want to do... I have WAR85 BLM85 RDM82 NIN75 BST62 and the rest are 42 and below.. My most recent decision was to level COR, but after reading threads about it, i don't think i could do it.. The cost, the busy-ness of the job.. Idk if i could be a good enough COR. :( I'm good at keeping everyone buffed on RDM (with the assistance of Yarnball that is) Does that mean that I'd be ok at keeping rolls up? My main concern is that i don't want to level the job up and then suck at it when it comes to prime time. So, your opinions will be appreciated, as they may or may not save me gil :)

If Gil is your main concern, level Alchemy, and Smithing. Then, you can make your own cards and bullets.

Since you mentioned COR, you've already made up your mind what you want to do. I'd suggest looking up the recipes on the items you think your COR would need and then leveling the crafts you need.

Once you level it to 85, and find out that you suck at it, it's OK. Everyone SUCKS at first whether they admit it or not. You have to keep practicing and don't get discouraged.

Much Luck!