Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Search comments
FFXI Search comments
By Gemah 2010-10-21 17:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

OK serious question, why don't the English use the search comment feature as much as the Japanese? I'm not talking about putting in the AF you want so every knows. I'm talking about using it to search for members when you're forming an abyssea party (honestly I don't know why English shout parties suck so much worse than Japanese ones...but that's for another topic), or when you're forming a Nyzul Isle run, or something along those lines. Some people wonder why their shout parties take so long to form, it's because you're only doing it in one zone most of the time.
Japanese use this feature to its full potential, and it really helps when I'm doing something other than sitting in Whitegate or Jeuno waiting for a shout that interests me. I understand Japanese can put a lot more detail in the comments than English, but that can be made up for something like "/tell for details" or something.
Seems like the only thing English use it for is Magian trials these days.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-21 17:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I use /sea by comment for everything I do but I also have to /sh sometimes because not everyone activates a Green EXP comment when looking to party. How do you know the party leader/s aren't doing both?

I feel like only JP put in for Magian trial comments maybe it's just my server not a lot of English were doing it.
By Gemah 2010-10-21 18:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I should have been more specific. What I mean is use the search comment for the looking for members category. I know English use it when looking for a party, but I on Phoenix it's kind of rare to see a English person do that when looking for members.

On Phoenix, a lot of the English use it for Magian trials. When I try to make a weather day run for one of the harder trials (Fire flans), I use search comment to look for members, and I have never had an English tell come because of that.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-21 18:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

nah i knew what you meant, I'm asking how you would know if the party leader is using the /sea comment feature while also /shouting?

people in my party would have no idea that is how i'm looking for more members.
By Gemah 2010-10-22 02:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh crap I didn't even realize what I wrote until now. Bad wording... I mean put what you're doing in the looking for member section so other people (not the leader) could see that someone is looking for members while in another zone.

I don't mean the leader looking for members, I'm talking about people looking in the search comments to see that someone is looking for members for something...

Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-10-22 03:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean like "Missions -> Looking for Members" in the Search settings part?
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-10-22 04:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gemah said:
OK serious question, why don't the English use the search comment feature as much as the Japanese?

because the English dont read it..

I'll give you a perfect example.. I have a seperate account i use mainly to help out or camp nms and tod and things.. but after a few deaths i thought i'll try seek a party to gain some exp maybe the odd merit.. its still lvl 75 and as yet i havent bought Abyss sfor this account..

I set seacom whilst seeking to be something like

"party, yes please. Abyssea = I'm Sorry
TH do you need it pst"

so i had best of both worlds either i can merc my th or gain exp.. win win

first invite "abyssea - la theine do you need it"
next invite - "abyssea - puller can i have it"

few hours pass (i know i know abyss onry!!) i got asked to TH a nyzul run ... by JP's!

moral of tale.. turn japanese! lol

[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-22 04:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually see quite the opposite.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-22 06:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, i had the same problem.

during my short return to FFXI i was seeking on 80 BLM, with following seacom:

"Party Can I have it?" Abyssea No Thanks I'm sorry.

I got invited to 4 different abyssea parties within 30 min, even THREE times to the same party by the same party leader.

i guess ppl just dont read or (which is worse) dont care at all.
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-10-22 07:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I see alot of english speakers not caring what is written in my /seacom. I tend to put up different missions I want, with {experience points} {no thanks} on the last line. I get so many party invites I just scratch my head at the stupidity. Whenever I end up getting stuck as leader, the first invites are the ones that have some kind of colored dot, unless you are saying like {veteran} {party} only. Then F you, I don't need that attitude.

I love the comment box personally. I don't speak a word of japanese, yet managed to get invites to advance and finish some of the add-ons, tear through Bastok missions, and even a offer to craft something I wanted made.
By Derfthegalka 2010-10-22 12:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

WELLL BRODERS CUZ INGLAND AND JAPEANSANESA TWO DIFFERANT ILSANDS AND WTF WHY Y;ALL NEEDS A SEARCH POSTIE WHEN Y'ALL CAN GEST DOG ON SHOUTS !!!

SMEXY GALKERS LEVL 23WAR LOOK;N FOR A PARDEH {Y'ALL CAN HAVES THIS} YO