Sus/ban Question!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » sus/ban question!
sus/ban question!
 Leviathan.Mizuo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuo
By Leviathan.Mizuo 2010-10-21 17:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So i been sitting in mordion gaol for like a day now.. how long til they suspend my account or ban me? I cant make gm calls or anything.. theres just that stupid "read me" npc there
[+]
 Siren.Stewie
Server: Siren
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-10-21 17:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What'd you do? Call their help center.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2010-10-21 17:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Send a GM Call anyways. I was in jail for almost a week once and that was my last resort. It worked, they made a mistake, I got out. :\
 Leviathan.Mizuo
By Leviathan.Mizuo 2010-10-21 17:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i wont lie, i did stuff to be in there but.. yea lol ill try it to see whats up and when/if im banned or not lol
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2010-10-21 18:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lie. Say you were lagging or something. It always works.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mizuo
By Leviathan.Mizuo 2010-10-21 18:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

do gms still talk to players? last time i was in mordion was back in 2006~ when there was actually a gm there not an npc. the npc says wont take gm calls from my account and under investigation and what not. if they do log checks im pretty much a goner lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-21 18:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Shiomi said:
^
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 18:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Shiomi said:
This, it's a game, not life. You don't need to do your time because you "deserved it"
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-10-21 18:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

IF you were speed hacking, call a Gm. Say you dont know what happened and that you play on wireless, you might of lagged...
congrats! you lied and got out scotch free!
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-21 18:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mizuo said:
do gms still talk to players? last time i was in mordion was back in 2006~ when there was actually a gm there not an npc. the npc says wont take gm calls from my account and under investigation and what not. if they do log checks im pretty much a goner lol

You'd be surprised what they let you get away with now.

I flat out said I RMT'd (well, it went badly, but that's not the point) to a GM and I only got a 3 day suspension.
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2010-10-21 18:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a warning but had I told the truth I might have been suspended or banned. I imagine if it happens again I won't. And also don't go faster than "flee" speed cause most areas have an insta-ban on people going faster than that. FYI.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-22 14:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

3 days
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-22 14:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mizuo said:
So i been sitting in mordion gaol for like a day now.. how long til they suspend my account or ban me? I cant make gm calls or anything.. theres just that stupid "read me" npc there

if you got autojailed your chances of getting out are actually quite good

the readme says they won't take GM calls but they will(as far as i know, they'll let you sit in there forever if you don't, first time it happened i sat in there for like six days)

send one, play innocent, ask what you did

gm will ask you what you were doing at the time of your jailing

make up something benign i.e. i was sitting in (last zone you were in). i went to sleep but left my char logged on afk. when i woke up i got a server disconnect message. i logged into mordion goal.

try to work the fact that you have laggy wireless internet into the conversation

9/10 it will get you out, they don't have much faith in their autojail system
 Sylph.Sukh
Server: Sylph
user: Sukhoruk
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-10-22 15:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually this keeps happening to my friend and I, and neither of use are actually breaking any forms of ToS, it really is just terrible lag spikes at poor times I guess.

But, I have been in the auto-jail as long as an hour and a half, and for as short a time as 10-15 minutes. It all depends on luck really.

However, the one thing I can say that seems to work fairly well is if you go to the help desk and file a complaint under "I can't move my character or log out of the game." and then chose the "Other" option in that menu. This will start a 30 minute count down, and as long as you don't move your character from the healing position it will (from all of my times in there) move you to a Mordion cell with a real GM and on one occasion it sent me right back to my HP with an apology message the next morning.

Best of luck to you. Don't pos and flee hack, I know I know everyone says that... but when you lose 7 years of work you realize why they do.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-22 15:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sukh said:
Actually this keeps happening to my friend and I, and neither of use are actually breaking any forms of ToS, it really is just terrible lag spikes at poor times I guess.

But, I have been in the auto-jail as long as an hour and a half, and for as short a time as 10-15 minutes. It all depends on luck really.

However, the one thing I can say that seems to work fairly well is if you go to the help desk and file a complaint under "I can't move my character or log out of the game." and then chose the "Other" option in that menu. This will start a 30 minute count down, and as long as you don't move your character from the healing position it will (from all of my times in there) move you to a Mordion cell with a real GM and on one occasion it sent me right back to my HP with an apology message the next morning.

Best of luck to you. Don't pos and flee hack, I know I know everyone says that... but when you lose 7 years of work you realize why they do.

i think that pos hacking short distances (>10yalms) and fleeing at speeds that can be explained (striders, mazurka, flee on thf) is reasonably safe
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 15:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Leviathan.Mizuo said:
You'd be surprised what they let you get away with now. I flat out said I RMT'd (well, it went badly, but that's not the point) to a GM and I only got a 3 day suspension.
I think that GM liked you, Spence :3