Forum » FFXI » General » What's with all the (Inset name here) is DEAD!! qu
What's with all the (Inset name here) is DEAD!! qu
 Alexander.Kewitt
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: ginger
By Alexander.Kewitt 2010-10-19 15:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If your personally not intersted in doing it don't do it.

Dunes, AF, EXP party, FFXI...

OMG people. If you want to make a dunes party ask your LS do AF I like the story. EXP party. SEE. FFXI it's changed not dead!

I personnaly like normal exp parties more then spamming keys from 30-cap. That damn borning. Only people doing that are people that are going to be gone from the game 3-4 weeks after 99 cap is hit and they run out of keys. ok... I'm done.

I like FFXI I've done a lot! But I still enjoy spending 1 hour doing a reward for a item I'm just NPCing.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-19 15:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Because as sad as it is, alot of it is true. Dunes parties are dead, HNM stuff... :( Sad days we live in.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-10-19 15:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

S.T.F.U + Dead game is dead.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-10-19 15:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG!!!!! I *** LOL'd

One of the PLD's in my LS... is named "Insertname"

For a second I was like "HOLY ***!!! Insert DIED!?!??!"
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-10-19 15:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
OMG!!!!! I *** LOL'd

LOL good im not the only one
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-19 15:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
OMG!!!!! I *** LOL'd One of the PLD's in my LS... is named "Insertname" For a second I was like "HOLY ***!!! Insert DIED!?!??!"
..lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-10-19 15:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
OMG!!!!! I *** LOL'd

LOL from the inside..

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-19 15:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What's with all the threads complaining about people complaining! Why can't we all just be happy!
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-10-19 15:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
What's with all the threads complaining about people complaining! Why can't we all just be happy!

Not all of us live in Disney world.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-19 16:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Psst~

/pulls covers up to face

I see dead FFXI activities :/

[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-10-19 16:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

/complain.
I do agree that all the "this is dead" type of ***is annoying but its not unwarranted.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-10-19 16:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I love FFXI as much as any of you do, but the reality is: the game as we used to know it is long gone. Regular EXP parties to get a few levels have all but disappeared. People now only do Abyssea EXP and gain tremendous levels at a time with little to no real work. Shouting for groups for missions and quests have basically vanished as most things can now be low-manned.

The level cap has been raised and current gear which used to be "the best" is now scoffed at. Gear which used to cost millions is reduced to a few K. People do not do Salvage like they used to because of the uncertainty of what will come at Lv.99 (or potentially higher). SE said there will be trials (of the Magians) to upgrade current gear (Assuming Salvage/HNM/Sky/Sea) but nothing further than that has happened. Why waste time getting gear that will be outdated with new gear that takes little to no effort to obtain?

Basically the only thing SE has made clear to everyone thus far is that from now on XI has the easy mode switch turned on. I can only imagine this is to retain what little of the casual players are left.

Without any mention of an upcoming expansion pack, I fear the only thing we have left will be more reskinned zones in $10 addons. This leads everyone to be stronger and faster against aging mobs that drop outdated gear. What fun is that? Again... the problem arises.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-19 16:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Kewitt said:
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

On a serious note though, wat.
Alexander.Kewitt said:
I personnaly like normal exp parties more then spamming keys from 30-cap.
I personally like leveling from 80-85 and being able to go out with some friends in the same night...
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-10-19 16:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fat Joe is dead.

R.I.P. Joe.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-19 16:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I love FFXI as much as any of you do but the reality is, the game as we used to know it is long gone. Regular EXP parties to get a few levels have all but disappeared. People now only do Abyssea EXP and gain tremendous levels at a time with little to no real work. Shouting for groups for missions and quests have basically vanished as most things can now be low-manned.

The level cap has been raised and current gear which used to be "the best" is now scoffed at. Gear which used to cost millions is reduced to a few K. People do not do Salvage like they used to because of the uncertainty of what will come at Lv.99 (or potentially higher). SE said there will be trials (of the Magians) to upgrade current gear (Assuming Salvage/HNM/Sky/Sea) but nothing further than that has happened. Why waste time getting gear that will be outdated with new gear that takes little to no effort to obtain?

Basically the only thing SE has made clear to everyone thus far is that from now on XI has the easy mode switch turned on. I can only imagine this is to retain what little of the casual players are left.

Without any mention of an upcoming expansion pack, I fear the only thing we have left will be more reskinned zones in $10 addons. This leads everyone to be stronger and faster against aging mobs that drop outdated gear. What fun is that? Again... the problem arises.

Kinda like old FF games when you think about it. Once you got to the final level, everything was pretty much easy except the final dungeon or secret/special areas.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-10-19 16:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

the Dunes is dead tho
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-10-19 16:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Kinda like old FF games when you think about it. Once you got to the final level, everything was pretty much easy except the final dungeon or secret/special areas.
:o! Does this mean I beat FFXI????
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-10-19 16:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Siren.Kuz said:
OMG!!!!! I *** LOL'd One of the PLD's in my LS... is named "Insertname" For a second I was like "HOLY ***!!! Insert DIED!?!??!"
..lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-19 16:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This might have to do with the game losing 1/2 server worth of population every 10 days. Dead events => dead game. simple. The only thing interesting about ffxi is the final plot on wotg. The only thing that could save it is the release of a new expansion, I doubt it will happen.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-10-19 16:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They're all busy playing 14 now
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-19 17:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI is better than it ever has been. RIP Slavage!
[+]