Forum » FFXI » General » XI's Rebirth DATs
XI's Rebirth DATs
 Cerberus.Zerio
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zerio
By Cerberus.Zerio 2010-10-18 17:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone who missed our announcement on the website which is called ffxidats, but we aren't calling it anymore its called "XI's Rebirth DATs" now. I'm going to let you know here as well.

Hello everyone at the website so called FFXIDATs but this is not really our old ffxidats we just took the name since it was relevant for people to recognize the old name and find their dats they have been seeking.
We would like to, well we who are working on the staff, would like to say that we aren't going to call it FFXIDATS, more or less now. Now we have made up our mind that we are calling it the "XI's Rebirth DATs" so no longer FFXI included.
Both myself and Icari have been doing a lot here and we have managed good for the fans and creators to finally find their new home of their favorite dats.
So we at The FFXI Dats Team. Are happy to have accomplished so much for the past few weeks/months. But now here we have an announcement we would like to say.

We are now going to have a long time maintenance which can take up to 2-3 days to work on the website, but we can not promise it will be exactly done in those days. This can be extended until we are really finished working on it.
So for now if you want to upload/download that will have to wait until afterwards, when the maintenance is complete.

Regards,
The FFXI Dats Team.

Thank you
Zerio

XI's Rebirth DATs
[+]
 Lakshmi.Icari
Server: Lakshmi
user: Icari
By Lakshmi.Icari 2010-10-24 18:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

After much work the site is back up and open to the public. I hope everyone enjoys the new look to the site and a special thanks to the staff for their help in the changes.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Zerio
By Cerberus.Zerio 2010-11-27 22:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You will be able to download the dat here now http://ffxidats.caarrie.org/index.php?topic=905.0

The Parrot Garuda which i posted about on the old forum.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zerio
By Cerberus.Zerio 2010-11-28 13:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i gotta say that this guy is pretty dumb about it http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5127252309
[+]
 Lakshmi.Icari
By Lakshmi.Icari 2010-11-28 14:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

this is my reply to this from our own forum

Quote:
you know i dont care what someone else says on another site says about the way I do things or how we are named or what way we have setup to manage this site. they did not even take the time to read the copyright on this site to see that we dont even run phpbb. our "name" is just that other sites are ffxi dats sites it is not like ffxidats was copyrighted or something. I have not even taken the time to consider buying the old domain and merging this site over, people have gotten to know this site at its current url i dont need to buy another to confuse people.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-28 15:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda agree with the original XI dats sentiment. You should have probably asked permission before piggybacking them.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Icari
By Lakshmi.Icari 2010-11-28 15:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

the old site was closed down for several months before i made my site and there was nothing left of that site to even ask for permission which I dont see was needed as the only permission I need is from the authors of the dats that are hosted on the new site.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-28 15:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's your choice I guess, still seems like a bit of a *** move.

And posting it on the facebook wall of a community so deeply entwined in the old XIdats community was only going to cause problems.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Icari
By Lakshmi.Icari 2010-11-28 15:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i am not a member of that community and i did not post once on facebook about this, i only posted in reply to the link here and on the new ffxidats site due to Zerio's posts.
[+]
 Valefor.Onionpatchkid
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Onionpatchkid 2010-12-05 01:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What you got against lurkers over there?

You keep linking the site on ffxiah and its pissing me off because I don't want to join another "community", I want a freaking dat I followed a link for. Ffxidats never made posting a requirement I can't even post to your stupid poll thread about registration so shock no wonder you only get replies in that thread agreeing with how it already is.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2010-12-05 03:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to talk with an admin/mod type person about that. First I was told it was a permission issue which I presumed had to do with not wanting to open the door to potential spam bots, but when I offered to help it seemed more like they believe they can make people more likely to contribute and also seemed to believe that I just want to download and disappear. I guess I should not have tried to point out that people who want to download and disappear wouldn't be around to give feedback about it anyway.

If it was about potential spam, there are a lot of (really good) alternatives to the way they're doing it since they used SMF.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-12-05 03:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Onionpatchkid said:
What you got against lurkers over there?

You keep linking the site on ffxiah and its pissing me off because I don't want to join another "community", I want a freaking dat I followed a link for. Ffxidats never made posting a requirement I can't even post to your stupid poll thread about registration so shock no wonder you only get replies in that thread agreeing with how it already is.
This is exactly why I've not joined myself to submit my dats. Its an unfriendly move for a site that caters to a game built on community.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Icari
By Lakshmi.Icari 2010-12-05 05:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

people please stop this, the way that site is run will not change unless a majority wants it to which they dont. I dont need you posting how you dont like the site on every post you can find out dats that I reply to trying to help the people looking for dats. we have not gotten 325 members by doing nothing, people dont seem to mind registering to get their dats even if they dont post beyond their intro. I would not be surprised that if in the next month or so we get close to 500 members, we have a lot more dats to upload which will draw more and more people to site once they are in place.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-12-05 06:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

you might want to run a spell check on the website by the way!!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Icari
By Lakshmi.Icari 2010-12-05 06:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:

I dont spell check others posts. what do you mean?
[+]
 Valefor.Onionpatchkid
By Valefor.Onionpatchkid 2010-12-05 08:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I dont need you posting how you dont like the site on every post you can find
Oh bull, don't act like I was hunting down your posts. I'll voice my opinion in any thread I please on any subject I please so stuff it.

You have your current numbers from advertising by plugging it in every thread you get a chance to. 500, lol. You keep acting stupid you won't have that number you seem to think is big. I'm not talking about how your site is run I'm talking about your attitude right here. If you get THIS defensive just from 2 posts, go on count'em TWO posts, that you think is "every thread"..Well you won't last.

edit
LOL@even your projected 500. The site I'm using has nearly 40 thousand. You do what you want and don't ask for feedback because its obvious you can't handle anything that doesn't pat you on the back.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-12-05 09:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Icari said:
people please stop this, the way that site is run will not change unless a majority wants it to which they dont. I dont need you posting how you dont like the site on every post you can find out dats that I reply to trying to help the people looking for dats. we have not gotten 325 members by doing nothing, people dont seem to mind registering to get their dats even if they dont post beyond their intro. I would not be surprised that if in the next month or so we get close to 500 members, we have a lot more dats to upload which will draw more and more people to site once they are in place.

You may want to look into how to run a website before you try and be a web admin next time.

Never forget: content is king.

What you're doing is gimping your content.

Anyways, 500 members is an absolutely paltry number and obviously people do seem to mind registering. People won't be drawn by content they can't get to, so stop riding the high horse and listen to the public if you want to succeed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Icari
By Lakshmi.Icari 2010-12-05 09:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I am listening to people, but in the end how i run the site which i am paying for is my choice. if people dont like it they are welcome to start their own site and host the dats how they wish.

this is the last time i post on this issue on this site.

again I request this topic be locked due to the discussion of this issue.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-12-05 09:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Icari said:
I am listening to people, but in the end how i run the site which i am paying for is my choice. if people dont like it they are welcome to start their own site and host the dats how they wish.

Nut up and shut up.

Guess what, by the way?

We can't complain on your website because it would go against our argument.

Also, unless you have ads, your method is doing jack *** to help you. And if you have ads, you'd probably get more CPV and view revenue anyways by having it open.
[+]
 Cerberus.Najla
user: Najla
By Cerberus.Najla 2010-12-05 10:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Icari said:

again I request this topic be locked due to people disagree with me QQ
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-12-05 10:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Lakshmi it should be locked or better be deleted due to the fact going on that site is a complete waste of time...

Register then post an introduction and I will give you permission maybe perhaps when I get to it... lol um.. No thannks.

Waste of time

and lol Najila I actually had to check if the "QQ" were there because it sure read as if they were in the original post by QQLakshmiQQ!
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-12-05 10:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

As I stated in PM, this thread will not be locked at this time. There are no rules being broken.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 10:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Icari said:

oh your god; the level of butthurt in this post, also nobody is going to lock a thread because a reader of it is butthurt (I don't know the mods that well but I expect a general amount of competency out of them, and locking this thread because you're butthurt over people rightfully complaining about your site would be unreasonable at best)
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 10:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
As I stated in PM, this thread will not be locked at this time. There are no rules being broken.
case in point
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-12-05 10:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The majorities of all forums would all be only two post if they got locked because people do not agree with the original poster.

1) Blah blah QQ
2) /point laugh Expletives
Locked!
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 10:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said:
all forums would all be only two post if they got locked because people do not agree with the original poster.

1) Blah blah QQ
2) /point laugh Expletives
Locked!

ftfy

and lol yeah...
 Alexander.Kolossus
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Kolossus 2010-12-05 12:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:

And ^ this is why these forums are tops for XI, and should be for XIV, as well.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-12-05 17:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Icari said:
Asura.Rinkydink said:

I dont spell check others posts. what do you mean?

sorry was out having a life... lol

this is just ONE i saw.. right on the front page i hasten to add

[+]