FFXI Customer Support Sucks The Big One.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI customer support sucks the big one.
FFXI customer support sucks the big one.
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-10-16 13:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ok. i took a little break to get some work done. fixing car. chopping wood. the stranded for pre-winter work. and had a fresh re-install since then. i coped all my old data on my second HDD. and when i re-installed i replaced the fresh install so i won't have to spend days patching etc. so first time i try to log in. it does just fine. it logs in and does a patch. then tells me my password was discarded due to encryption change and that i need to go to settings and re-enter and save it. so i do so. and upon trying to log in it seys its incorrect... RAGE! I'm 99% sure it is correct. so my attempts to recover it begin. my first step is going to SE support site... and so my crappy adventure begins...

are they trying to HIDE there contact information so they won't have to deal with it? what kind of customer support is that!?! RAUGH! good job SE at biting the hand that feeds you

anyway. anybody know of a way i could recover it on a weekend? i would give them a call but yea... saturday an all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-10-16 13:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how they roll.

If I remember correctly you'll have to wait till Monday.
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Server: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-10-16 14:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i had to call them recently and to get the best support they even told me to click on the ff14 support even if you have 11 problems. once you pick what u need help with and push additional assistance it will give an option to call them and provide you with the phone number to fill out another form to give you a ticket number lol and if they are closed just calm down and wait til monday
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-16 14:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

you know...there's a big button that says "contact" on their support page, maybe you should have clicked on that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-10-16 14:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
you know...there's a big button that says "contact" on their support page, maybe you should have clicked on that.

what do you think i clicked FIRST to get to the first page?
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-16 14:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

what do you think i clicked FIRST to get to the first page?
well if you hit it, it'l ask you the section and your contact info so they'll email you iirc. or during the week it opens a live chat, been too long so my memory is foggy.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-10-16 14:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you really need to tell us that SE's customer support sucks? Believe me, any FFXI player with some amount of brain power knows.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-16 14:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, My name is Peggy, thank you for call SquareEnix phone support, please hold.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-10-16 14:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Iunno. I discovered the support line in the game manual.

i never rely on those... EVERY attempt to use them there never there the number is usually changed to some other business like some sex hot-line
i remember a NES game that happened! it had a number in the game that you call for some clue or something. and today its a sex hot-line! LOL

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-10-16 14:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, their support site is a nightmare. I spent hours there going in circles when my token stopped working a while back. They make it almost impossible to accomplish anything. Not to mention how well they hide their actual phone number...
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-17 03:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i've had to have passwords and such reset and a token issue at one point, was resolved fairly quickly (as long as i wasn't attempting on a weekend, for obvious reasons) just have to use the online chat feature, who the *** calls places, this is 2010 right? not 1995, voice tech support, what a joke.
By Artemicion 2010-10-17 03:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If FFXI had any legitimate flaw; it was Playonline.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-17 04:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Yeah I start at the site because it is such a great idea! If I was lazy and wanted to make my life harder.

I called them awhile ago and I was in and out immediately for wanted to unlink my xbox account and relink it so I could use it to bypass the credit card problem the put in place a long time ago.

I listened to a friend call them after he was hacked for fourth and fifth time to have his password reset. It was over with in what I feel was a good time.

The only support that sucks from them is from GMs and their site.
it's unchallenged that the gms do indeed suck, however I guess the support issue is probably whatever person we happen to get as to how each is handled, personally I haven't had trouble out of the site, then again it's pretty hard to have trouble out of inputting your info and problem and waiting for them to fix it, now on the phone you have to typically explain it to them 300x, just me but I find phones to be an outdated way to deal with service.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-17 06:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

hahaha finding the phone number is nothing compared to talking with them. That's where the real fun begins.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-17 07:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
hahaha finding the phone number is nothing compared to talking with them. That's where the real fun begins.

If by fun you mean sitting around on hold for 12 hours, they yep.

I think the one and only time I called them, I was on hold for a grand total of 5 hours.

At least when I finally got to talk to someone it was some hot sounding asian chick :3
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-17 07:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggest you talk to someone on the live chat instead of calling them, will save you some money since I think it's quite expensive to call them? It's kind of a nightmare to find but you'll have someone to talk to in a few minutes after you do. They'll ask you for some info to verify that you're the account holder and then you can get your password reset.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-17 07:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I suggest you talk to someone on the live chat instead of calling them, will save you some money since I think it's quite expensive to call them? It's kind of a nightmare to find but you'll have someone to talk to in a few minutes after you do. They'll ask you for some info to verify that you're the account holder and then you can get your password reset.
Yeah live chat is definitely better than the phone. I've done both now, and 100% agreed.
 Lakshmi.Azrial
Server: Lakshmi
user: Azrial
By Lakshmi.Azrial 2010-10-17 08:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I found SE's contact information via the BBB.