How To Reobtain ASA Pants?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How to reobtain ASA pants?
How to reobtain ASA pants?
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah 2010-10-16 03:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I helped some friends do the final ASA fight. I wanted to redo mine, so I figured it was a good opportunity to do so. I tossed them, went to Jeuno and got the hexes from the goblin NPC. We did the fight, and won it no problem. Afterward, I noticed I didn't get the key item for it. I even noticed I still had the hexes in my inventory. I figured maybe I needed to go to Windurst Walls for the CS, but that was a no go. What did I do wrong? I tried calling a GM, but i got a message saying they'll get back to me in 24-48 hours, which is BS. Any help is appreciated, since there's no info on wiki anywhere that IO searched. Thanks!
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-16 03:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

get your key item, go outside of ASA battlefield, drop pants, do fight, get new key for pants

Says on wiki you need to zone into windurst walls to get the key
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-16 04:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said:
Says on wiki you need to zone into windurst walls to get the key
Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah said:
I figured maybe I needed to go to Windurst Walls for the CS, but that was a no go.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-16 04:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Try going to the Event replayer Juvillie at D-6 and see if you can replay the cutscene
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah 2010-10-16 04:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i tried that. I even double checked if maybe I needed a previous key item or something to do the fight, and lo and behold, I have a Tonberry Key. I don't know why I didn't get anything.
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah 2010-10-16 04:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, good idea. I'll try that out. Has that worked for other CSes that give key items?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-16 04:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You say you had the hexes after the battle, did you get the buffs in the battle itself?
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah 2010-10-16 04:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I did. Which is even stranger.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-16 04:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure, I've never done ASA fin, but I've done the other 2 fights 5+ times and redone my armors, pretty dumb of them to give the key in a cutscene, after the first 2 come straight after the fight.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-16 04:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I did. Which is even stranger.
Well if you didn't get the key item from the fight, and you zoned into Windy and didn't get it from there, the only other solution I could think would be to touch the BC door perhaps? Or you could just try going to the coffer without the key and seeing what happens.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-16 04:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh also, did you get anything nifty with your Tonberry Key? :3
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-16 04:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you 100% Positive that you purchased the Hexes from the goblin? Even if you are just helping and do not purchase the hexes you get 100% of the buffs.

My guess is you didn't buy the hexes by mistake and thought that you did. I have redone the fight 5 times as long as you re-buy the hexes from the goblin, you get the key item every time after winning the fight.

More than likely you are going to have to re-buy the hexes(make sure you have them this time) and redo the fight once again.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-16 04:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I even noticed I still had the hexes in my inventory.
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah 2010-10-16 04:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I am 100% positive I bought the hexes. I checked my inventory and everything because I was paranoid already about tossing my pants. A friend of mine brought up an interesting theory; I had my Tonberry Key from awhile ago, and never traded it in. I didn't know any better, I guess. He says maybe since I didn't redeem it, that could be why I didn't get anything after doing this fight.

Oh, and I just checked via the CS replay guy in Walls, and nothing.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-16 04:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I am 100% positive I bought the hexes. I checked my inventory and everything because I was paranoid already about tossing my pants. A friend of mine brought up an interesting theory; I had my Tonberry Key from awhile ago, and never traded it in. I didn't know any better, I guess. He says maybe since I didn't redeem it, that could be why I didn't get anything after doing this fight. Oh, and I just checked via the CS replay guy in Walls, and nothing.
I'm betting that's your issue if anything. Go get your cool item with your Tonberry Key and tell us! Mayhaps it will raise your spirit :x
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah 2010-10-16 04:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

All I got was a Sapphire... Boo... I had like 9 keys on me, so I traded them all in. Grabage, all around. Going to try the fight again since I don't have a Tonberry Key anymore. I'll update this thread on my results.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-16 04:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

All I got was a Sapphire... Boo... I had like 9 keys on me, so I traded them all in. Grabage, all around. Going to try the fight again since I don't have a Tonberry Key anymore. I'll update this thread on my results.
aww. good luck :D
 Shiva.Scarymagic
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Scarymagic 2010-10-16 04:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Same thing happened to me when I redid it yesterday. Only thing different was that I didn't keep the hexes. All I got was the Tonberry key ; ;
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah 2010-10-19 02:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, sorry it took so long to repost. We wiped that night, and it took forever to get help again. So I believe the fact that I had a Tonberry Key the first time is what made it impossible for me to get a Behemoth Key since both are rewarded at the end of the fight. Kinda annoying. either way, glad that's done and over with... Again. Thanks for everyone's input! ^^