Game: FFXI
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-23 19:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
BorealisV2 said:
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
What gear do you use for Fudo? The usual YGK set? I've been hearing that Fudo doesn't get quite the same attack boost as the others, has that shown to be a problem at all?
Needs attack. So basic Kaiten build.
Could you show a basic Kaiten build? I haven't come across one before

I would if I knew how to do anything on this forum. But it basically involves things like Byrnie +1, Unkai back, things that have a nice mix of attack and STR.

Ah, alright. Isn't the Byrnie +1 kinda pushing it? I figured that between Thew, Unkai Sugemino, AF3+2 feet, and V.Helm, as well as EE/Briareus Atma (completely ignoring the possibility of meat as your food choice) would pretty much get more than enough attack for any mob you would need, no? Or do the really high tier NMs have that much defense?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-23 19:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
BorealisV2 said:
What gear do you use for Fudo? The usual YGK set? I've been hearing that Fudo doesn't get quite the same attack boost as the others, has that shown to be a problem at all?
Needs attack. So basic Kaiten build.
Could you show a basic Kaiten build? I haven't come across one before
I would if I knew how to do anything on this forum. But it basically involves things like Byrnie +1, Unkai back, things that have a nice mix of attack and STR.
Ah, alright. Isn't the Byrnie +1 kinda pushing it? I figured that between Thew, Unkai Sugemino, AF3+2 feet, and V.Helm, as well as EE/Briareus Atma (completely ignoring the possibility of meat as your food choice) would pretty much get more than enough attack for any mob you would need, no? Or do the really high tier NMs have that much defense?
Would highly depend on your support. I mean in abyssea using the VV and stout arm atmas and all out str ws set and +30 from cruor you'd hit pretty high att anyways. I'd guess a good 600-700. Some debuffs and more importantly some def downs on the mob you could probably cap Cratio in tp set lol.

But I doubt too many people will make multiple sets based on things like that
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-23 19:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I hit 700 with just lolMeat Mithkabob and Briareus Atma in my YGK set, I don't have AF3 Feet, and that's with KO and Cerby Mantle and +20 from Cruor Enhancements. So I suppose Byrnie +1 unless you're rocking Meat and both EE/Briareus. Assuming that no Minuet or Chaos roll is going on that is.

Edit: Oh, and that's on /NIN, I couldn't tell you about /WAR because I'm SAM/NIN currently.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-23 19:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Heqet: Mage + DD, no problem. DD might even be able to solo.
How can Heqet be soloed or duoed? I need this *** dead.
I finally got and kept claim on one the other day. (go go people stealing it when you try to deaggro the links) basically a half way decently geared rdm should be able to keep landing gravity on it even with uncapped enfeeble skill even with addle on. After that it's just a matter of time.

It does build resistance and duration goes down... but saboteur seems to counter that to an extent.

Keep addle up as lower macc is nice and he seems to cast a little less when he does which is good. Also keep at least 1k hp + full stoneskin anytime you go into range to cast on it. Waterja dmg builds up to rediculous amounts. Like can go from you can eat 3 before stoneskin wears off to it dealing over 900 with shell IV and barwater and stoneskin.

Keep bio on and nuke when you can. Takes forever since you have to keep healing and stoneskining. I'd actually recommmend /nin even though all the nukes are agas just for slow and addle. Both really hurt and once it builds resistance the increase in recast time might be higher than grav duration. Also if you have bad luck and it gets in range and triple attacks ouch. Also addle makes casting time on nukes so long it's hard to get them off without him running up to you lol

Anyways tried trioing after. Unfortunately one of them agad a bird that no one killed while I was kiting the main one despite me saying to so that linked with others and murdered us... after that I kited weakened while they recovered was much quicker but yeah
 Phoenix.Tankk
Server: Phoenix
user: Duke
By Phoenix.Tankk 2010-10-25 01:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

cg man, i just***
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-25 01:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Siren.Itachi said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Heqet: Mage + DD, no problem. DD might even be able to solo.
How can Heqet be soloed or duoed? I need this *** dead.
I finally got and kept claim on one the other day. (go go people stealing it when you try to deaggro the links) basically a half way decently geared rdm should be able to keep landing gravity on it even with uncapped enfeeble skill even with addle on. After that it's just a matter of time.

It does build resistance and duration goes down... but saboteur seems to counter that to an extent.

Keep addle up as lower macc is nice and he seems to cast a little less when he does which is good. Also keep at least 1k hp + full stoneskin anytime you go into range to cast on it. Waterja dmg builds up to rediculous amounts. Like can go from you can eat 3 before stoneskin wears off to it dealing over 900 with shell IV and barwater and stoneskin.

Keep bio on and nuke when you can. Takes forever since you have to keep healing and stoneskining. I'd actually recommmend /nin even though all the nukes are agas just for slow and addle. Both really hurt and once it builds resistance the increase in recast time might be higher than grav duration. Also if you have bad luck and it gets in range and triple attacks ouch. Also addle makes casting time on nukes so long it's hard to get them off without him running up to you lol

Anyways tried trioing after. Unfortunately one of them agad a bird that no one killed while I was kiting the main one despite me saying to so that linked with others and murdered us... after that I kited weakened while they recovered was much quicker but yeah

You didn't happen to be the *** who unclaimed Heqet while we were killing Athamas and wiped us because of it, were you? >_>

Anyway..

Straight tanking Heqet is really easy. Most of his nukes are really low tier and hardly do any damage. Even Waterja only does 800-1k dmg with shell up. Doesn't hit fast or hard and is easy for me to tank. Just fyi~
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-25 02:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
You didn't happen to be the *** who unclaimed Heqet while we were killing Athamas and wiped us because of it, were you? >_>

Anyway.. Straight tanking Heqet is really easy. Most of his nukes are really low tier and hardly do any damage.

Even Waterja only does 800-1k dmg with shell up. Doesn't hit fast or hard and is easy for me to tank. Just fyi~
Naw only time it went after anyone else was when someone took it.

Also I as solo so straight tanking was kinda ewww. Especially when I only have a little over 1k hp lol. And I've had it do 900+ on a full stoneskin with shell IV, barwater

Also it has triple attacked me for 300 dmg each non crits... so yeah so I don't think I could solo straight tank it. With enough def and pdt I could make the melee hits probably lol and keep stoneskin up forever but you know the second I go under 1k hp or lose stoneskin it's going to hit me with one of the epic waterjas
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-25 02:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Anyway.. Straight tanking Heqet is really easy. Most of his nukes are really low tier and hardly do any damage.

Even Waterja only does 800-1k dmg with shell up. Doesn't hit fast or hard and is easy for me to tank. Just fyi~
Naw only time it went after anyone else was when someone took it.

Also I as solo so straight tanking was kinda ewww. Especially when I only have a little over 1k hp lol. Also it has triple attacked me for 300 dmg each non crits... so yeah so I don't think I could solo straight tank it

Yea, I didn't see you around. It was so weird because we didn't see him and our nin randomly died and we were all "Wtf?" Then it came over and raped the thf and myself, then the rdm. >=S

And right, you're a taru lol. If you need someone for a low man tank I'll come out and help you if I'm free. Don't need anything from him but I'd gladly help ^^
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-25 02:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Yea, I didn't see you around. It was so weird because we didn't see him and our nin randomly died and we were all "Wtf?" Then it came over and raped the thf and myself, then the rdm. >=S

And right, you're a taru lol. If you need someone for a low man tank I'll come out and help you if I'm free. Don't need anything from him but I'd gladly help ^^
Well if you are soloing and aren't on top of things it's pretty easy not to be seen since you link the entire pond and need to gtfo to deaggro them as fast as possible. But if you suck you wont notice until frog is running back lol.

The hardest part I've found is actually finding the damn thing up and unclaimed. Checked every 10-15 min for a good 10 hours one day just to find one pop lol. But sure let's do eet now!!! All I want is the key item so I guess I have to pull or is it the reclaim?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-25 02:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Well if you are soloing and aren't on top of things it's pretty easy not to be seen since you link the entire pond and need to gtfo to deaggro them as fast as possible. But if you suck you wont notice until frog is running back lol.

The hardest part I've found is actually finding the damn thing up and unclaimed. Checked every 10-15 min for a good 10 hours one day just to find one pop lol. But sure let's do eet now!!! All I want is the key item so I guess I have to pull or is it the reclaim?

Not sure, I'd pull and try to reclaim just to be safe. And can't do it *right* now lol. I gotta head to bed (as of 90 mins ago)! Raincheck until tomorrow!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-25 02:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure thing. I'm 3/6 on blu af3+2 legs but getting that damn frog for the pop is annoying as hell. Plus my abyssea time is low enough that spending huge amounts of times looking for it then like 1hour + solo is bad
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-10-26 06:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

poor amano users they got owned
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-11-02 18:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

42 Lanterns to go.

Things I learned from carabosse:
Summer Breeze is the worst Form ever made.
If you're not Elvan Or Galka, Winter form is Dangerous.
Without a thf, you'll see a whole lot of single gem drops.
Staggering a Baba and Liege for key item speeds up farming 100000%
Summer Breeze is the worst form ever made.
[+]
By Gemah 2010-11-02 18:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
poor amano users they got owned

I'm thinking SE gimps Masamune in the next update. If not, poor, poor relic users who used a lot of time to get that relic. They seriously got pwned.
 Siren.Strawhat
Server: Siren
user: Strawhat
By Siren.Strawhat 2010-11-03 10:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

how'd you do carabosse Sinharvest?
job setup, abyssites, atmas
i'd like to compare, my gimp self to you>.<

i'm at the moment upgrading my toons' gear/weapons, trying for last merit abyssite from warbler -.- as well as trying to buy atma that Oblit mentioned
atm 3157 hp on my galka mnk with 3 merit abyssites and carbonara. Don't have Ascetic's Fury ws. going to get Atma of the Ebon Hoof ; HP+:Superior (30%) hoping that + Atma of the Hero, and oa2-3 weapon + footwork af3+1 mnk feet, yay or nay?
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-11-03 10:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sinharvest said:
42 Lanterns to go.

Summer Breeze is managable, its not the worst form ever made.

Winter Mode is the worst. Having shadows potentially stripped on top of the stun, plus Tornado II being the next spell means trouble no matter how high your HP is. I find having Carabosse deciding to -ga spam is a lot more annoying since it deals well over 1200 damage.

Paralyze II 5/5 wins though for Winter Mode!
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-11-03 11:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:
42 Lanterns to go.

Winter Mode is the worst. Having shadows potentially stripped on top of the stun, plus Tornado II being the next spell means trouble no matter how high your HP is. I find having Carabosse deciding to -ga spam is a lot more annoying since it deals well over 1200 damage.

I've had different opinions on its awful mode, but to inform you, I was quad/trio boxing the whole time, which means I was the on re-applying buffs on 2 different charecters when it stripped buffs, while still tanking, was an complete annoyance, and Saboteur Addle kicked winter breeze ***.
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-11-03 11:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Strawhat said:
how'd you do carabosse Sinharvest?
job setup, abyssites, atmas
i'd like to compare, my gimp self to you>.<

i'm at the moment upgrading my toons' gear/weapons, trying for last merit abyssite from warbler -.- as well as trying to buy atma that Oblit mentioned
atm 3157 hp on my galka mnk with 3 merit abyssites and carbonara. Don't have Ascetic's Fury ws. going to get Atma of the Ebon Hoof ; HP+:Superior (30%) hoping that + Atma of the Hero, and oa2-3 weapon + footwork af3+1 mnk feet, yay or nay?

Was Trio: Mnk,Brd,Rdm. And when TH was needed a thf.
Mnk: Razed Ruin/Ebon Hoof or SS
RDM: Atma of Allure/Minikin
Brd: No atmas I was lazy >_>
Thf: Razed Ruin

Like Oblit said, keeping HP capped is the way to go, paralyze is amazing against carabosse. Having a crit ws with Razed Ruin speeds up the fight a lot, you wanna get razed ruin, I was using Victory smite and it ripped her apart.
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-11-03 12:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sinharvest said:
Hades.Eliane said:
Odin.Sinharvest said:
42 Lanterns to go.

I've had different opinions on its awful mode, but to inform you, I was quad/trio boxing the whole time, which means I was the on re-applying buffs on 2 different charecters when it stripped buffs, while still tanking, was an complete annoyance, and Saboteur Addle kicked winter breeze ***.

Ouch :/ I suppose there Summer mode would be the more annoying one XD I dual box RDM and BRD for this but dont tank, so i got mixed opinions about the mode but wow, good job on the quad boxing o.o
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-11-11 11:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lanterns are easy, but masamune path is getting popular, near the end, frog camp was looking like Dragons Aery. Thanks for all the tips Oblit!

[+]
 Unicorn.Almeada
Server: Unicorn
user: Almeada
By Unicorn.Almeada 2010-11-11 12:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats Sin.
 Cerberus.Najla
Server: Cerberus
user: Najla
By Cerberus.Najla 2010-11-11 13:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice!! Congrats
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-11 13:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah frog is super camped lol. Only good thing is it seems most people are too afraid or don't know how to pull it without all there buddies around... and even then half the time don't. Watched a guy pull the other day and just run around the penguins and eventually chainspell sleep the links then the blm sleepgad and shortly later both died... lucky for them the bst with them was good
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-11-11 13:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I got about a good 40 of my lanterns and then they just swarmed in, I was also able to buy some for 100k a lantern, seems people dont know the value of the items yet....
 Shiva.Yoshime
Server: Shiva
user: Yoshime
By Shiva.Yoshime 2010-11-22 20:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for strats Oblit!(Mabuhay!)

I just did this recently on nin/drk rdm brd smn to help a friend and try it out. Did not seem to build resistance to stun and altho I was a taru with RR+SS + carbonara around 2200-ish hp I did not get 1 shotted but 2 shotted when that mute thing got me... with the best -MDT I had. Anyway that home point + kite around the lake is what happened and came back dd/tank as usual till it died eventually.
By Nightmarelord 2010-11-22 21:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank god i quit. id be mad as *** my amano is now 3rd ranked.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Valdor
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-01-07 11:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any try soloing this on Bst?