Forum » FFXI » General » Can't log on - no support from SE
Can't log on - no support from SE
 Valefor.Aureleus
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Aurelus
By Valefor.Aureleus 2010-10-14 13:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been unable to log on for a month now, and SE seems no longer to have a support department to help me. Hopefully someone here will be able to help.

I'm getting error code POL-1100: The network is busy or there is no response from the server. Please try again later or varify that cables, networking devices, and network settings are properly configured.

I'm on the internet ok, and nothing's changed since I last managed to log on. I've reset my router, tried it witout the firewall, tried plugging directly into the modem rather than wireless and reinstalled the game; still the same error.

Closest I can figure out, I need to make sure that UPNP portmap is active, but I don't seem to have that option on my network settings page.

Any suggestions?
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-14 13:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I had that problem too, like 2 years ago. Suddenly i got this error message and coulnt log in. I contacted SE, they had no clue... etc.
Lineage was working just fine, so did the rest of the internet.
I changed nothing and kept trying. Around 1 month later it worked - no idea what was wrong <.<
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-10-14 13:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's S-E's way of telling you "lol go to FFXIV"
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-10-14 13:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask your provider if they changed anything, closed any ports etc.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-10-14 13:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds familiar. My friend had to end up resetting his router. He could connect directly with his modem. I'd try the same thing. Also he needed to do those two things and perform a reboot.