Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » weather occurance
weather occurance
 Ramuh.Aramachus
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Aramachus
By Ramuh.Aramachus 2010-10-14 05:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Im doing the ninja eva katana x2 trials at I am at the stage I have to kill 200 diremites under wind weather/day condition. The only area that has diremites and a chance of wind occuring is aydeewa subterrane.
I completed my first katana within 2-3 days, when I got into aydeewa and checked for weather, there was usually 1 or 2 of the days having "a chance of winds" I went there about 5 times I think until my trial was over.
A few days later now I wanted to do the diremite trial on my second katana and to my surprise there is no more wind occuring in aydeewa. And it has nothing to do with bad luck like just logging on at the wrong moments. Ive been logging on in 3 hour intervalls all day yesterday and checked the weather and it was sunshine each single day, no chance of winds. Once occured "chance of clouds" but who cares about clouds. The times I checked the day before was the same, I just thought I was having bad luck. Today is the same, Im logging on checking and only sunny weather, no more wind.

I wondered where the reason for this could be and that lead me to think, could the weather occurance be depending on the vanadiel season? I read something on allakhazam I think where someone says that there can be fire weather in rolanberry fields only in summer or something similar. The times I had plenty of chances of wind weather occuring must have been during summer season. Now no wind occuring it switched to ingame october which is autumn season.

Have you discovered similar things on long weather trials? Especially on trials like the diremite one where there is only one area that has a chance of weather where those mobs spawn, it would help enormously to gather such statistics which weather occurs in which season. if I knew there is no wind in aydeewa during autumn, that would have saved me lots of time and frustration straight away.

On an additional note, I was doing vermin on chigoes with friends yesterday too and to my surprise for the two hours we've been there not a single wind weather occured in bhaflau thickets, additionally the weather forecast said sunny weather (once with a chance of clouds) for the next 3 days. Now Im used to lots of wind weather in bhaflau/wajaom so that surprised me a little. Could have just been random and theres lots of wind today in bhaflau, but could it be that maybe the whole toau continent or a part of it has a lower chance of wind weather occuring during autumn? (maybe higher chance of another weather, wherever that may occur) please discuss

edit: if I failed to find the article on wiki that already states the correlation between weather/season/environment... in vanadiel, please give me the link and nvm this topic