Forum » FFXI » General » Perle set for tp
Perle set for tp
 Bismarck.Dalimar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: bond00745
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-10-13 12:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I just got back to the game after a year break and noticed a new set (Perle). I have a 75 sam and was curious if this set would be a decent set for my TP gear once i get to lvl 78? Sadly most of my gear is AH stuff but i hope to improve that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-13 12:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yes

it's better than straight ah gear
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 12:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

FUll perle is good for DRK and DRG. SAM has access to Haidate, fumas, hauby etc which is better. That isn't to say full perle on SAM is bad, but it's definitely not great.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2010-10-13 12:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's pretty good, even if it is fugly.

Like the guy above said though, there's better options on SAM, if you can get the stuff.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dalimar
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-10-13 13:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help. Would any of the pieces work for WS set?
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-10-13 13:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Feet are as good as you get for a SAM WS. Head isn't terrible either.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dalimar
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-10-13 13:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, yeah cause ATM i have the dragon skull lookin head for my WS set. I need to get on the ball bad tho because I fear my sets are rapidly aproaching the realm of being garbage and really dont want to be a gimp Sam. I try and stay on top of my macros and JA's during battle, but i need to take it to the next level with my gear.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-13 13:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
Cool, yeah cause ATM i have the dragon skull lookin head for my WS set. I need to get on the ball bad tho because I fear my sets are rapidly aproaching the realm of being garbage and really dont want to be a gimp Sam. I try and stay on top of my macros and JA's during battle, but i need to take it to the next level with my gear.

Get a Varangian Helm, it's really easy to get and high drop rate.
 Bismarck.Dalimar
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-10-13 13:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

HOLY CRAP! You are right Dracondria, that helm is sick, yet again onother reason to buy the expansion!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-13 13:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dalimar said:
HOLY CRAP! You are right Dracondria, that helm is sick, yet again onother reason to buy the expansion!

As long as you avoid Mantle Pierce (either with stun or shadows) it's easy.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-10-13 14:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Bismarck.Dalimar said:

As long as you avoid Mantle Pierce (either with stun or shadows) it's easy.

I managed to mostly ichi-tank this nm at level 80 with a sucky evasion setup on Samurai, so with capped eva skill at 85 it should be easy.
GL on dorp!
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-10-13 14:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy as hell duo with RDM and a THF. Just keep slow/para, collab the RDM whenever its up and you're pretty much golden. Tanked it as 78THF with a so-so eva setup, just swapping in haste for recasts as usual. Helm drops pretty frequently, not the mention the atma isn't bad for COR/RNG if you need the attack/accuracy.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-13 14:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
FUll perle is good for DRK and DRG. SAM has access to Haidate, fumas, hauby etc which is better. That isn't to say full perle on SAM is bad, but it's definitely not great.

Full Perle, usually is bad for SAM. If they're in full perle, I highly doubt they have access to a goading belt. Therefore they're usually in need of JSE hands or feet for the STP. If they aren't, then they should get up and get AF3+1 legs, it takes a few hours to do through quest repeats. If they don't have access to that, they should stop, log off, and go buy the add-on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 14:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Full Perle, usually is bad for SAM. If they're in full perle, I highly doubt they have access to a goading belt. Therefore they're usually in need of JSE hands or feet for the STP. If they aren't, then they should get up and get AF3+1 legs, it takes a few hours to do through quest repeats. If they don't have access to that, they should stop, log off, and go buy the add-on.
Hi.

But I realize it's not good, it could also just be a lot lot worse, at least it shows they know what they're doing.

I'd still kick a full perle SAM from anything, but at least I can acknowledge them I guess.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-13 14:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

Hi.

But I realize it's not good, it could also just be a lot lot worse, at least it shows they know what they're doing.

I'd still kick a full perle SAM from anything, but at least I can acknowledge them I guess.

I usually am not elitist when it comes to shitty gear. However, I am VERY elitest when it comes to shitty gear choices.

Basically, in SAM's case for example, I don't care if a dude's in Amemet Mantle NQ and Turban/Perle Body/Dusk gloves/X /Fumas etc.

It's when I see people in Askar/Denali/Ace's Head and Perle Hands/Feet (Feet in SAM's case, as they have Fumas) that I rage. I don't care if a person's gear is shitty (Okay, well I do). But it's better than them making shitty gear choices, at least they're on the right track.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-13 14:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Perle's still weak. Pre-85 sure, but now? Byakko is a joke to kill nowadays, and AF3+1 is simple to acquire through quests (albeit time consuming). It's fine till then, but you should have better options after at most a month of playing.
[+]
By Merick 2010-10-17 11:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

snoopy