Xp Camp 85 NOT Abyssea ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Xp camp 85 NOT Abyssea ?
Xp camp 85 NOT Abyssea ?
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-11 06:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone know ?
Cause you need like 2-3 hours for gettin interestin xp in abyssea, and personaly 3 hours is the max i can support for xp...

Mammools highest lvl still good ?
well if anyone know/got an idea...
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-10-11 06:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck with that, pretty much the only thing XI has in terms of ... anything (at least that what everyone wanna do) is Abyssea :/

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-11 07:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

From what i hear around, i'm not the only one sick of abyssea, cant be so hard find 6 plps for xp somwhere 2hours...
 Asura.Kresaera
Server: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2010-10-11 07:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There are still exp parties on asura. I was just in one yesterday =) I don't know about your server, just /sh for it in WG and see what you get. Good Luck!
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-11 07:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

find a 73~75 sync and pt off greater colibri, then use IS to spam silver pieces :P
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-11 07:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

the only exp party Ive been in since coming back was East Ron{S} picking off birds.
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-10-11 07:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i just checked exp mob manually on wiki for a party of 85 and this what i found high enough for normal party

monster lvl from 87 - 90 says wiki

Mount Zhayolm:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Orichalcumshell red crab
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Scoriaceous_Eruca red crawler

Aydeewa Subterrane:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Deforester green crawler
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mycoskulker Funguars

Caedarva Mire:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Slough_Skua Birds

Arrapago Reef:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Naraka_Bat single bat
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Nostokulshedra Sea Monks

but good luck finding people who want to exp outside of abyssea =<

edit: only checked ToAU areas ^^; lol
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-10-11 08:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
Someone know ?
Cause you need like 2-3 hours for gettin interestin xp in abyssea, and personaly 3 hours is the max i can support for xp...

Mammools highest lvl still good ?
well if anyone know/got an idea...

avoid bat/mandy partys if u dont like the 3-5hr build to decent exp

doing endgame events in abyssea with my linkshell in event we cap azure lights in under 20m and last event i got 7 merits in 4 hrs ish

+ 8/8 PLD Hd seals :)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-11 17:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say just bite the bullet. I know you have to invest a lot of time, but do it as long as you can stand and you won't have to worry any more. I know the long sessions suck, but did sam 76 to 85 in 1 go and never had to look back afterward, for example. Once you cap your exp, it's pretty boss.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-11 18:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Really not that time consuming if you get a good group going :\

When i do Events with my LS We can usually get our first TE~1250/100 box in 8/10 minutes, just need a non-gimp knowledgeable group.

I know thats hard for pick ups just gotta be the dbag and weed out the gimpos =x.

That and have your BLM's fighting different mobs than the melee group (I mean same family), Pick a good mob for BLMs, or any mob really, they can have a THF or someone train ~5~8 and -aga/sleep them, quick exp and with Atmas/Certain Abyssites can do it nearly non-stop.

Can Cap exp (before gold lights) in about ~1hr or so, maybe less =\, when we do events we never try to cap exp just farm time/Key Items
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2010-10-11 18:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd recommend doing Bastions in Abyssea if you're just looking for some nice exp without the long sessions. Most jobs can get up to 5-10k in the few minutes they run from my experience, and it's not too bad on the solo friendly side. Usually 2-3 or so an hour can happen in the zone, so that's not bad.

Other than that, I'd suggest going back to Campaigns or even trying Walk of Echoes with a decent sized group, but the exp rewards would not be as good as anything Abyssea related. Hopefully you find some degree of success.

Sylph.Zefyr
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-10-11 18:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also worth noting that Abyssea exp is more laid back than normal exp. In a 6-person party if someone needs a break, it pretty much means a break for the party and time wasted. If someone in an abyssea alliance needs a break, np just take off for a few minutes, get a snack, whatever.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-11 18:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you people read? They said NOT abyssea.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-11 18:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Do you people read? They said NOT abyssea.

Can you read? Rhetorical question, no you can't.

His reasoning for not wanting to do Abyssea Exp is because:

Quote:

We (those of us mentioning Abyssea Exp) Are telling him that this isn't entirely true, it can be quick with a good group, Thus trying to remove his unwillingness to do Abyssea cause his predetermined concept of it needing ~2/3hours to be effective.

Thus giving him a reason to do Abyssea Exp.

Instead of letting him believe you absolutely need ~3hours for Abyssea and leading him to horrible Orichalcum shell merit parties =.=a
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-11 18:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
From what i hear around, i'm not the only one sick of abyssea, cant be so hard find 6 plps for xp somwhere 2hours...

He doesn't wanna do abyssea you idiot, shut it.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-11 18:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Quote:

I wish someone would just for once someone would just admit they're wrong outside of digging themselves a new grave :|

He's probably sick of Abyssea exp because of shitty pick-ups taking ~4 hours to cap Exp.

Still doesn't change the fact He's better off, rather he thinks so or not, trying to find an Abyssea Exp party thats good at what they're doing than trying to convince people to Exp on Orichalcum Shells

Which i guarantee you will be much more boring, and less effective,He has the "Grass is always greener" mind set, and the few of us trying to change his mind and show him Abyssea could be good, Quick, and effective are doing him more of a favor than you think.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-11 18:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That is besides the point, the question isn't about abyssea... It's about exp outside of it and he is asking for any good camps. Why can't you just respect that and give a suggestion and shut up lol
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-11 18:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
That is besides the point, the question isn't about abyssea... It's about exp outside of it and he is asking for any good camps. Why can't you just respect that and give a suggestion and shut up lol

His question was answered in the first ~3 posts, He can stop reading there.

However, after said person answering his question, Why shouldn't we tell him his concept of Abyssea exp is not entirely true?

In the end we're helping him, regardless.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-11 18:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Quote:

I wish someone would just for once someone would just admit they're wrong outside of digging themselves a new grave :|

He's probably sick of Abyssea exp because of shitty pick-ups taking ~4 hours to cap Exp.

Still doesn't change the fact He's better off, rather he thinks so or not, trying to find an Abyssea Exp party thats good at what they're doing than trying to convince people to Exp on Orichalcum Shells

Which i guarantee you will be much more boring, and less effective,He has the "Grass is always greener" mind set, and the few of us trying to change his mind and show him Abyssea could be good, Quick, and effective are doing him more of a favor than you think.

Who are you to say that, maybe he enjoys normal exp parties ? Shut uppppppppp
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-11 18:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah if you noticed the reasons he stated was because he only has 3 hours to xp... which means yes he can xp in abyssea. Sometime the answer isn't the one directly asked for. Like say the rediculous stuff you can get in bastion rq

His real question was how do I get good xp in less than 3 hours at a time
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-11 18:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

However, after said person answering his question, Why shouldn't we tell him his concept of Abyssea exp is not entirely true?

Doesn't want your help!
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-11 18:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah if you noticed the reasons he stated was because he only has 3 hours to xp... which means yes he can xp in abyssea. Sometime the answer isn't the one directly asked for. Like say the rediculous stuff you can get in bastion rq

Glad to see I'm not the only one who understands sometimes helping people is not always about direct answers =.=a

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Doesn't want your help!

Doesn't mean i can't give it. If i want to help him what do you care? you've done less for this thread than me
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-11 18:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

oh
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-11 18:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Suggestions were already given, a long time ago, so it's w/e at this point.

As pointed out, best non abyssea pt is going to be syncing to 75 and doing colibri and if he's that adamant on being 85 in the pt, suggestions were given there as well
[+]