Windower & Spellcast Update - 7 October 2010
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-07 18:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Three file updates were pushed out today. abils.xml and spells.xml, used by Spellcast, are now officially up-to-date and can be updated via //updateresources. Apparently there were some problems with the new files earlier today; seems those have been fixed now so if you updated earlier and Spellcast stopped working again just //updateresources one more time.

resources.xml (used by plugins such as Recast, StatusTimer, and AutoExec) was updated a little while ago, but as of this post (latest version released at 6:57 PM EST) I'm finding that PlayOnline "crashes" as Windower loads. I say that in quotes because I can ignore the crash message and continue to play with no apparent issues thus far. Not sure if it's an issue with my computer or the file. You can download it here. Keep an eye on that page for more updates.

Thanks to the Windower team as always.

EDIT: Latest version appears fully functional, woo!

Current most recent release: 8:30 PM EST. If you don't know if yours is the most recent, check the comments at the start of the xml. There should be a line to the effect of

Quote:
Windower resources.xml Last Rebuilt on October 7, 2010, 8:30 pm
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-07 18:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

New resources.xml released 7:42 PM EST, no longer crashing.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-10-07 19:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you actually download resources... when i click it, it just opens it in firefox. tried explorer, same thing. would be nice to have it not say unknown ability
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-07 19:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

right click -> save link as

Latest version: 8:30 PM EST
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-10-07 19:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

thought that just saved the link, thanks
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-10-07 20:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

meh, smn timers are still all screwed up on my recast, use elemental siphon for example and it goes to 4 seconds left for such a looong time :(

Edit: Actually, opening up the resources file and abilities file it looks like all the job ability recast times are set to 0 :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-07 20:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
meh, smn timers are still all screwed up on my recast, use elemental siphon for example and it goes to 4 seconds left for such a looong time :(

Edit: Actually, opening up the resources file and abilities file it looks like all the job ability recast times are set to 0 :/
Hmm. Didn't catch that, my JA recasts are working fine.
 Bahamut.Lulukitty
Premium
Server: Bahamut
user: Lulukitty
By Bahamut.Lulukitty 2010-10-07 20:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My windower is still crashing even with the new file :X

I'm getting this when I open resources.

"XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 49, Column 16: <?php/* tpl_link(wl(),$conf['title'],'name="dokuwiki__top" accesskey="h" title="[ALT+H]"')*/?>
---------------^"
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-07 20:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In the xml, when does it say it was last rebuilt?
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-07 21:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome stuff
 Bahamut.Kailee
user: Kailee
By Bahamut.Kailee 2010-10-07 21:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
In the xml, when does it say it was last rebuilt?

I'm not seeing anything to that affect, and I tried searching for keywords throughout the document. Such as Rebuilt. October.
 Bahamut.Lulukitty
Premium
By Bahamut.Lulukitty 2010-10-07 21:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Defaulted to my mule -.- Above post was me.
 Bahamut.Lulukitty
Premium
By Bahamut.Lulukitty 2010-10-07 21:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I just re-downloaded the file from the link above and actually scrolled through the document.

I found this at line 485
Code
resources.xml.txt &middot; Last modified: 2009/11/15 23:10 by aikar
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-07 21:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

At a guess... you didn't right click -> save the link I posted, did you? What you posted isn't even part of the xml. You want the resources.xml file on the page I linked to.

EDIT: lol yeah, that's the website page, not the actual resources file.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-07 21:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lulukitty said:
Ok I just re-downloaded the file from the link above and actually scrolled through the document.

I found this at line 485
Code
resources.xml.txt &middot; Last modified: 2009/11/15 23:10 by aikar

Are you sure you got the right one?

This one is the one you should have for recast plugin:

http://resources.windower.net/resources.xml

Notice at the top where it says: "Windower resources.xml Last Rebuilt on October 7, 2010, 8:30 pm"
 Bahamut.Lulukitty
Premium
By Bahamut.Lulukitty 2010-10-07 21:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

*sigh* Seems I'm having a rather off day.

Now I feel completely stupid. That's exactly what i did, I saw resources.xml in the link posted above and assumed that was the file. lol.

Sorry for wasting your time~
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-07 21:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, when you go to that web page, you gotta right click the one that says "Latest resources.xml" then click "Save Link As..." and put it in your windower plugins folder.
 Asura.Yekyaa
Server: Asura
user: Yekyaa
By Asura.Yekyaa 2010-10-07 22:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, we were trying not to make posts on it until we got it finally fixed. Seems like everything works now. We've been doing a LOT of testing on it.
Hope you guys all enjoy.
Big thanks to Hyshio for helping me bugtest the fixes.
if you're running on IE you may need to clear your cache to get the latest resources.xml.
Everything should be working, I even tested RDM, BLM, and BLU fixes.
[+]
 Unicorn.Hyshio
user: Hyshio
By Unicorn.Hyshio 2010-10-07 22:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Id be careful posting things when you dont have all the info.

Give a big thanks to Yekyaa on this fix.

windower.net

Its 100% official! The resources.xml is fixed. Tested and comfirmed after many hours of work. Follow the guide on the windower site.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lulukitty
Premium
By Bahamut.Lulukitty 2010-10-07 22:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all for all your hard work~ much appreciated!
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-10-07 22:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a bit of a pain to redo all the changes I made in the abilities.xml, but with the resources.xml updated, it's well worth it. Thanks for your work Yekyaa and Hyshio! It's definitely appreciated. ^^
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-07 23:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Hyshio said:

windower.net

Its 100% official! The resources.xml is fixed. Tested and comfirmed after many hours of work. Follow the guide on the windower site.
I'm in no position to criticize, but you know full well that word of any sort of update is going to travel fast, especially when the Spellcast .xmls were finally updated today (suggests an incoming resources update). Also, I included an initial disclaimer that it was bugged whereas there was no warning of any sort on the Windower page. Anybody who downloaded the new version without a backup would have been ***out of luck until you fixed it if it had been a serious error, and they wouldn't have seen it coming if they'd just happened to check the Resources page.

If you didn't want it getting out until it was completely ready, you shouldn't have made it publicly available until you were done.

Thanks again for your work.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-10-07 23:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Now if we can only get Yarnball to function with it..

Yarnball works fine for me.

If I remember correctly, a recent update wrecked havoc with Yarnball (March? June?). If you haven't updated the plugin recently, you'll want to download the latest version off the Windower site. ;)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Hyshio
By Unicorn.Hyshio 2010-10-08 00:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Unicorn.Hyshio said:

windower.net

I'm in no position to criticize, but you know full well that word of any sort of update is going to travel fast, especially when the Spellcast .xmls were finally updated today (suggests an incoming resources update). Also, I included an initial disclaimer that it was bugged whereas there was no warning of any sort on the Windower page. Anybody who downloaded the new version without a backup would have been ***out of luck until you fixed it if it had been a serious error, and they wouldn't have seen it coming if they'd just happened to check the Resources page.

If you didn't want it getting out until it was completely ready, you shouldn't have made it publicly available until you were done.

actually with the limited access I got from aikar, I kinda didnt have a choice. It was sink or swim with this matter.
[+]
 Unicorn.Hyshio
By Unicorn.Hyshio 2010-10-08 00:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Now if we can only get Yarnball to function with it..

Yarnball works fine for me.

If I remember correctly, a recent update wrecked havoc with Yarnball (March? June?). If you haven't updated the plugin recently, you'll want to download the latest version off the Windower site. ;)

I just mean with the new spells and such like Animus Minuo and Animus Augeo. Yarnball works fine :) Just hasn't been updated since 2008.

Also ya need to look for yarnball on BG now. Ragns updates it there.
[+]
 Unicorn.Hyshio
By Unicorn.Hyshio 2010-10-08 00:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok an update. If ya cant update the files through //updateresources, do the following task.

1: Go into the plugins folder and delete the resources folder.
2: In the same folder, delete the resources.ver.
3. Ingame type //updateresources. It should update all the files and bring back the resources folder with the files back in it and bring back the resources.ver.
4: No no no, its not over. Guess what? your resources.xml has been replaced by a 2008 backup aikar made just in case someone deleted the ver. Now you must update the xml with the new one. Link above.

Hope this helps everyone out.
[+]
 Unicorn.Hyshio
By Unicorn.Hyshio 2010-10-08 00:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok to note, Yarnball is messed up after this update. However its because soo much changed in the xml, it messed the plugin up. This also means food might not show up. Ragns has to fix this. I have no way of doing this. Its out of my hands.
[+]
 Asura.Yekyaa
user: Yekyaa
By Asura.Yekyaa 2010-10-08 01:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Unicorn.Hyshio said:

windower.net

As it were, it's the way things are done until I or Hyshio can get better access to the server in order to avoid it in the future.
Agreed, making it publicly available to begin with was a mistake, but was neither mine nor Hyshio's to make in the first place.

The code we had to work with forced the output files into directories automatically and anyone logging in with Windower requests the latest md5 for the newer xmls by default. Pretty much trial and error bugfixing. By no means the easiest nor the best way to do it.

When all is said and done, it's complete, Yarnball has been outdated for some time as it were and possibly still uses the old resources.xml file. If it were using the resources folder, we probably wouldn't be having this issue, however it's not the only plugin with this fault.

resources.xml is outdated in the first place and recast shouldn't even require it as an entire folder with specifics are located in the same folder as the plugin and are automatically updated.

Unfortunately, trying to push out ANOTHER update just to get one more plugin working is enough since I've been working with Hyshio on this over 12hrs today.

PS -- Grammar Nazis unite! I'm exhausted, use this all you want for flamebait, I'm not biting.
PPS -- To those that thanked us, and bothered to read my book I just posted here and now, we're glad you appreciate the work we did today for the community. It was our pleasure just to know you guys are happy to see the update.
[+]
First Page 2