Skill Ups Off Generals In Besieged Lv 81+?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Skill ups off generals in besieged lv 81+?
Skill ups off generals in besieged lv 81+?
 Phoenix.Wayako
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Wayako
By Phoenix.Wayako 2010-10-02 13:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this has been asked before but can you still get healing/enhancing/etc. skill ups off the general npcs in besieged?

For the past two besieged (coming as whm) I have not been able to get skill ups off them for healing and enhancing (only healing skill up I got was a .2 from raising someone >.>) but I can still get 81+ skill ups off the mobs (divine hit 307 and enfeebling went up as well).

So I guess what I am trying to ask and confirm is if anyone has been able to get skill ups off of them in enhancing/healing that were capped at the 80-81 skill cap prior to the besieged? Its fully possible I have just been unlucky, lol, but if no one is getting them then I would not want to waste my time trying. ><
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-02 15:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have had a hard time skilling up healing and enhancing magic past lvl 75 to a point I simply decided to stop camping the generals when Besieged started (It's not that I gave up really, it's just that WHM ISN'T MY MAIN AND I needed to focus on skills which are more important to me).
I believe the cause is to be found in the NPC's lvl.

However, just like you noticed for Divine and Enfeebling magic, you can still get good skillups on higher lvl mobs in the Undead Army.
If you go heal or enfeeb the undead I'm sure you will gain higher results.
Keep in mind if you notice slow skillups it may be bad luck or simply a weak mob. Try out the bigger ghosts ( the blue ones, sory I can't recall names right now ^^: ) rather than the dark brown ones.
GL :)

Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-02 15:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wayako said:
Sorry if this has been asked before but can you still get healing/enhancing/etc. skill ups off the general npcs in besieged?

For the past two besieged (coming as whm) I have not been able to get skill ups off them for healing and enhancing (only healing skill up I got was a .2 from raising someone >.>) but I can still get 81+ skill ups off the mobs (divine hit 307 and enfeebling went up as well).

So I guess what I am trying to ask and confirm is if anyone has been able to get skill ups off of them in enhancing/healing that were capped at the 80-81 skill cap prior to the besieged? Its fully possible I have just been unlucky, lol, but if no one is getting them then I would not want to waste my time trying. ><
Yes, you can (maybe you have been just unlucky :< )

You can also get skillups tele-ing people (enhancing) or just spam your bar spells (think old school) as for healing magic ~ undead mobs in Gustav Tunnel ( i think 82-83ish maybe on some of them) and/or be a PL for a eron /dunes/Qufim party (again old school)

**you can also go to caedavre (sp) mire and fight the undead;
team up wit people shouting for the trial weapons :)
By Elwynbelwyn 2010-10-16 19:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The closer you get to your "target's" level, the lower points you get. When you've got like 10 or 20 job levels difference, the 0.4s and 0.5s roll in.

The closer you get to your own cap, the less often you get skillups. The level difference to your target may make this worse. (Casting on yourself gets really painful near cap.)

And you get no skillups when your skill is capped to your target's job level. If you cast on a level 80 NPC, you won't skill up past your 80 cap, period. This is how I was able to figure out that the regular (non-NM) campaign mobs are probably level 65, before SE nerfed skill-ups without tags.

tl;dr: if the generals are only level 80, you're screwed. I haven't even tried it since the 85 cap, since I've been more interested in leveling lolPUP lately.