There A Limit To How Much U Can Harvest?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Trade Skills » Botanist » there a limit to how much u can harvest?
there a limit to how much u can harvest?
 Asura.Monknorris
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Monknorris 2010-10-02 07:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know if theres a daily limit on this ive been cutting wood and getting crops all day just fine and out of no where i break everything i cut and get 0 crops. thanks for any info u can provide.
[+]
 Shiva.Ninaa
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2010-10-02 09:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It happens sometimes to me with Fishing, I will be fishing fine for a while, and suddenly I will get no bites for a while, but eventually they start biting again. I have burned through like 150~ worms in one sitting.

Haven't raised botany or mining much yet though.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-10-02 22:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it has something to do with that you can only play a job for x amount of hours thing?
 Shiva.Ninaa
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2010-10-02 22:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Maybe it has something to do with that you can only play a job for x amount of hours thing?

You can watch the exp/rank points you get steadily decrease over time, but you still get the items. But I am not sure how long a time frame we are looking at, my brain goes numb if I fish too long, so I haven't stuck with it for more than a couple hours...
[+]
By Seriftaru 2010-10-07 12:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes a long time to hit fatigue. As Bontanist, it would take you like.. forever, lol

Your problem might lie on what rank Botanist you are. Try to pay attention to which Grade you are chopping/harvesting at. If the message says it is a Grade3 area, as a Grade2 you will only get 2 chances and you will wear your Hatchet/Scythe out faster.

If that is not the case consider upgrading your Hatchet, the weathered one is fine until 10ish.. but even picking up a Bronze Hatchet (Opt Rank 7) can make a huge difference. Oh and I also found having gear damage on my Hatchet/Scythe slowed down my skill increase. So maybe try a repair.
By Zenshiro14 2010-10-07 12:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The decrease over time in Skillpoint should not happen to you to you hit he 8hour mark then you have 7hours of SP decreasing over time from 100% too 0% So that 15hours of play time. If you switch Class and gain SP your 0% would start going back up lil by lil. So if you play 1class for 15hours then other class for 15hours you could go back too the class that have 0% and it should be 100% with a 15hours gameplay again.
I think it should work like that if not you have to lvl up more then 1class to get your main class back too 100% which would be dumb.

Now for question, it should still allow you to get Item but not SP at least that what i think. So you have 15hours too get SP but still allow you to get Item from mining,fishing,botany Same thing with craft you can go on making item you just wont get any SP off them so it be pointless.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-07 12:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about botany/mining/etc. I've been running all over Coerthas for pretty much the last 10 hours (just missing 2 gates!) and there only seems to be a spattering of harvesting/logging points in the middle of the zone on the main path. So my question is, if there are higher ranked points, can I simply not see them because of my rank, or has SE just not bothered to put any more points in? There's about 2 million trees and bushes in Coerthas, you'd think there'd be logging points all over the place.
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-10-07 14:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
So my question is, if there are higher ranked points, can I simply not see them because of my rank, or has SE just not bothered to put any more points in?

In the case of Mining, I had no problem seeing a Grade4 Quarry Node when I was only able to sense Grade2.
By Seriftaru 2010-10-07 15:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
So my question is, if there are higher ranked points, can I simply not see them because of my rank, or has SE just not bothered to put any more points in? There's about 2 million trees and bushes in Coerthas, you'd think there'd be logging points all over the place.

In Botany, I have no problem seeing Grade4 Logging/Harvesting points while only being able to Triangulate/Arbor Call Grade 2.
 Cerberus.Keylee
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Keylee 2010-10-08 16:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

to OP: i know what you mean
It doesn't have anything to do with the sp/xp fatique and those 8+7hours of lvling. It's more like the rmt countermeasure that's also in ff11 where you have to change zones every hour or your results will go downhill.

In ff14 it seems to be worse though, as even changing the region didn't reset it for me :/ Most of the time i get this gathering-fatique after 2-3 hours of logging, then the success rating will quickly go to hell, even if a chop would have given me that item 100% it will just crit-fail 90% of the time. I'll then be happy to get even one item from 5-6 gathering attempts. Changing regions, repairing all my equip, even crafting for an hour and changing back didn't reset this status for me.

Only advice i can give is to just stop logging/harvesting for that day :/ change to mining/fishing/crafting or fight-classes and get back to tree-chopping the next day.

to Blazza
Yeah SE was just lazy with the node-placing <.> though i found some harvesting spots in strange places far far away from any choppable trees.
[+]
By Suterusu 2010-10-13 14:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm almost BTN rank 30 (will be 30 tonight as of this post). I hit the gathering fatigue almost on a daily basis if I am trying to get SP. I'd say after about 35,000SP without stopping it starts to fatigue out. While it doesn't say it, it's highly noticeable. Soon you will start getting 1 hit damaging items like acorns and feathers, items you can easily gather in 1 hit.

What I am not sure on however, is if this is SP based, or item collected based. As in, is it based on the quantity/quality of items gathered or number of gathering attempts, or if it's SP based.

Regardless, it makes it near impossible to get any SP when you are gathering fatigued. Generally I don't care about the items gathered, I just want the SP, but sadly it's impossible to get a decent amount of SP when you are gathering fatigued.

I usually wait a day and start again, always seems to be OK at that point.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [96 days between previous and next post]
By Soulwinter 2011-01-17 16:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

35k sp, seriously? i hardly get 6k sp when i start damaging stuff on touch, at 10k sp is imposible to gather something sometimes, even waiting a full 24hours cycle doesnt seem to be helping.
By Yves 2011-01-17 20:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Soulwinter said:
35k sp, seriously? i hardly get 6k sp when i start damaging stuff on touch, at 10k sp is imposible to gather something sometimes, even waiting a full 24hours cycle doesnt seem to be helping.

Item fatigue (very different from the surplus system of REDUCED SP) occurs after roughly 3 hours. This was recently covered in another post here.