Forum » FFXI » General » Canceling content IDs
Canceling content IDs
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-01 05:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, ok heres the things. Last month I cancelled my content IDs cuz i needed a break from the game, when i came back a week or two later my content IDs were still active. So kinda confused me, and lucky i didnt quit and still gettin charged! But, ive just tried to log in now and its saying there are no content IDs, first thought, hacked! But I went to try reactivate them and it said it cant do it cuz its puting payments through. Did i miss something when cancelling the IDs and it takes upto a month for it to actually deactivate them? If so, any idea how long it will be before i can play again? =/ I dont know how long this payment thing lasts so no idea when ill be able to reactivate.. -_- Thanks in advance for any info/adivce.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-01 05:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok for some reason this thread isnt coming up on the FFXIAH main page >.> Hows anyone meant to see it? lol.
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-10-01 05:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They will remain active untill the server maintence. So if you cancel them few weeks ago, it should show up inactive now.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-10-01 05:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's SE's way of forcing people to pay them at the end of the month.
 Titan.Xairu
Server: Titan
user: Xairu
By Titan.Xairu 2010-10-01 05:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This sort of happened with a mule m'lady was playing around on, I'd deleted a blank content ID coz I had 1 over what you can have on 1 account or whatnot (forcing me to make a seperate username/blah to even get past "Play" screen) and I ended up deleting a, thought to me, blank content ID, actually ended up being her taru.

I had to wait until the next billing phase when it actually slotted that content ID into "hey this is being removed!" status before it would let me reactivate it.

So probably wait a couple of days and then try to reactivate, hopefully it works for ya.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-01 05:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So any ideas on when ill get to play again? >.> I got *** sausages to sell!
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-10-01 05:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can play within the next couple of days.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-01 05:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Mah sausages :O i got about 50 stacks to shift... I swear if the price is gimped even further when im back >=/... I'll cry :(
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-10-01 05:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

And then you'll just move on. :3

Maybe SE will magically finish the registration maintenance early.

Titan.Xairu
Server: Titan
user: Xairu
By Titan.Xairu 2010-10-01 05:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As soon as you get on POL and it brings up the monthly fees have been issued message you should be able to reactivate.
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-10-01 05:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:

[Date & Time]
Phase 1
From Sep. 30, 2010 23:50 to Oct. 1, 2010 3:00 (GMT)

Phase 2
Oct. 2, 2010 from 0:00 to 3:00 (GMT)
* Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
PlayOnline

[Details]
PlayOnline registration server maintenance for the billing cycle.

* PlayOnline and PlayOnline services will be available.

* Please be aware that several services including purchasing, cancellation, and reactivation of Content IDs will also be unavailable between Phase 1 and Phase 2.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-01 05:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
[Date & Time] Phase 1 From Sep. 30, 2010 23:50 to Oct. 1, 2010 3:00 (GMT) Phase 2 Oct. 2, 2010 from 0:00 to 3:00 (GMT) * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change. [Affected Services] PlayOnline [Details] PlayOnline registration server maintenance for the billing cycle. * PlayOnline and PlayOnline services will be available. * Please be aware that several services including purchasing, cancellation, and reactivation of Content IDs will also be unavailable between Phase 1 and Phase 2.

Great :O gotta wait till 3am tomorrow... Ah well, day off for me i guess. Suppose its probably a good thing :) Thanks all for the replies!

Ramuh.Laffter said:
And then you'll just move on. :3 Maybe SE will magically finish the registration maintenance early.

Not gunna move on from mah sausages! Its free gil pretty much and its made me a fortune XD When the price gets to low people will stop doing it, then i can put it back up. Only thing thats going to stop is when everyone gets their seals.
 Siren.Blaire
Server: Siren
user: 1000stars
By Siren.Blaire 2010-10-01 05:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer SE's method of payments. Paying at the end of the month you played is better than the beginning because you can play for your last month, place a stop payment thing with your bank, and not pay for your last month :P

They don't do anything at all, they just keep a record of the money you owe so if you go to renew it later on you pay it then.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-10-01 06:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been billed after the month I played every time for like 6-7 years. i think you're mistaken, Josiahkf. I've never once been "double billed" o.O Even when i started, they didnt charge me til the end of the month that i played. Then the second one was the same, and every other month after that.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-10-01 06:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Blaire said:
I've been billed after the month I played every time for like 6-7 years. i think you're mistaken, Josiahkf. I've never once been "double billed" o.O Even when i started, they didnt charge me til the end of the month that i played. Then the second one was the same, and every other month after that.
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-10-01 06:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf, the way it works now and the way it has always worked is you get billed on the 1st of every month for the previous month.

Example:
You are playing in March. You will NOT be billed for March's game time until April 1st (Sometimes its the 2nd or 3rd, depending on the day it falls on).

They do the same thing for optional services (world transfers).
Pasted from FFXI site:
Quote:
The cost of purchase for an optional service will be billed on the next billing cycle following the date of purchase, which occurs on the first of the following month. This billing will be included with any normal monthly fees, and will be charged to the credit card registered to the PlayOnline account.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-01 07:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I get what your saying, Ive been playing for the past month for free. Whenever i reactivate my content IDs, I will then be billed for this month.