Why Did You Start 11 And Why Do You Still Play?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why did you start 11 and why do you still play?
Why did you start 11 and why do you still play?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-10-01 10:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-01 10:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend played it. I saw the Dragoon job, couldnt resist. Dragoon is the only reason i really started playing. As for why do i still play? I have no idea. Its just become habit, I dont really think about it anymore =/ just do it.
 Phoenix.Katori
Server: Phoenix
user: agroyboy
By Phoenix.Katori 2010-10-01 10:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i started playing because im a huge ff fan. i've played everyone. didnt know anyone at the time but didnt taker long before i found some great friends who i still talk to this day. even had my gf at that time join the game.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-10-01 10:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cheap long lasting entertainment

Have to agree with this, impossible game to complete.

I even totally finished PGR2 100% ultimate on all challenges probably hardest gaming achievement most other ppl I saw online said they only had cerbera speed 12 from game shark. At least theres no real chance of completing this 100% this is why I still play.

And the reason I started? simple, game was free with an official xbox magazine and free to play for duration of xbox beta if I recall correctly.
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-10-01 10:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
^this

I orginally started out back in -05 cause, well. It was a Final Fantasy title i hadnt tried out. Quit after 2 month cause it was abit hard i felt.
Came back at Xbox beta in 06 and been playing ever since.
I think it become way too easy nowdays, Today you can probably hit 85 in less than a week if you know how to do it.

Today I still play cause I enjoy the new content they keep adding, hanging out and, even do some old event such as HNM camping, Dynamis, Einherjar, Sea, Sky etc.
I have yet to try Salvage, even if its kinda outdated now.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-10-01 11:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvage is still fun imo esp as Im good friends with everyone I do it with, I guess waiting over 4 years now for macha coat and Hikazu hara ate has its benefits... lol, got something to work for still in there.
Bit too easy now is the problem takes away some of the fun, I know theres alot of people say it was easy at 75 but runs still can be tight at times a run like hammerblow>>powderkeg>>gyrogears>>citadel>>boss would actually be quite hard at 75 to fit all that in and common to leave boss out of that run, now whole lot is easy with 20mins left.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-01 11:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

it came for free with my ps2 HDD.. got the ps2 HDD for socom maps. I never thought I would like it, I was against trying it but my IRL friend whom I played Socom with talked me into it. I got hooked, he quit early.

I have left the game multiple times, recently came back in anticipation of XIV, will move to XIV soon :)
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-10-01 11:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I still would like a Morri for BLM, since it pretty cheap now too with the ingots. Maybe not best nuke body anymore but whatever it looks good still. imo.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-01 11:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Started because of Name only.

Stuck around because of the people, asshats aside, FFXI community is probably the friendliest and most tight-knit out there. Maybe Fallen Earth is close, but the game sux...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-10-01 11:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Joined because I was bored.
Left because I got bored.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-10-01 11:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought a copy for my fiance for valentines day as he had said it looked interesting, he played for 3 months and I watched him. I then decided I wanted to have a go too and bought a copy for my PC.

I still play because being housebound as I am means I have little else to do with my time.
 Asura.Chaparrita
Server: Asura
user: Dish
By Asura.Chaparrita 2010-10-01 11:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I was playing other MMOs. My hubby was playing console games. He bought FFXI not knowing how MMOs work (thought he'd beat it and move on). He was about 2 years into it when I had "beat" the MMO I was playing at the time and was getting bored. So he had a code for 30 day trial and I tried it. I really didn't like it at first (everyone's so serious! This is sposed to be entertaining and fun not a second job!) and only played because he seemed to like playing with me. Eventually that changed, as I actually found a fun group of people to hang with.

We still play because it's cheap entertainment.
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-10-01 11:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Played video games (and FF) for as long as I can remember. Saw the FF name on it and gave it a shot. I still play because real life is boring where I live, and I have an addictive personality.
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2010-10-01 11:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My cousin forced me to make a character - I honestly didn't want to. This was 5+ years ago. I'm still playing it and I love it. I met my wife thru this game, and I've made life long friends.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-10-01 11:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I started xi because my sister, her bf, and his brother used to play. Whenever i spent the night i would log onto my sisters character and lvl her tarutaru mule. It was something i was always left out on everytime i went to visit their house, so they encouraged me to get it, and eventually i bought a laptop and got the game. I met my now husband while playing, made a ton of friends, and met some people i will never forget. I still play xi because to me, it is still a lot of fun, yeah it gets dull sometimes, camping hnms, lvling jobs under 37, crafting... stuff like that. But its still enjoyable, and tbh ive saved money playing this for almost 4 yrs, then buying a new vid game every 2 months.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-01 11:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Oh? I'm not too far from seattle. ni ni
Oooo I was in Seattle this past weekend well more like near it..I was in Tacoma for a day and then up in Belligham for a few more..I wanna go back it was a lot of fun.

As for why I started..I have 6~8 RL friends that all played..I started and it we had alot of good times..all of them have quit and moved on to other things. BUT NOT ME! I fell in love with this game quick and I still really enjoying playing. My old favorite was lvl grinding/meriting..but now its lowmanning NMs and just helping ppl out when I can. I still very much enjoy this game..and I will keep playing for as long as I can.
 Ramuh.Suni
Server: Ramuh
user: sunikomo
By Ramuh.Suni 2010-10-01 11:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw my bf play and thought the game looked amazing. I immediately went out and bought a copy when i had money. And we both still play to this day :D
 Leviathan.Vincento
Server: Leviathan
user: Vincento
By Leviathan.Vincento 2010-10-01 11:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: FFXI - Matchmaking Service; Come meet your lifelong partner.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-01 11:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-10-01 11:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vincento said:
ITT: FFXI - Matchmaking Service; Come meet your lifelong partner.

omg you made a post :O
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-10-01 12:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The first time I heard of Final Fantasy is at Neighbors house, he had FFVII on PSX. I dind't play it much just watched a few fights and what not. My other neighbor had FFIX, which i watched, didnt like haha. So i was like why don't i get VIII and be the middle person haha. So I played VIII, fell instantly in love. After beating it we switched games, I got VII. I liked it as well, didn't like some parts but it was still epic! Then we cycled again, i got IX, which i didn't like at all sadly, didnt beat it. (The characters didnt drag me into it).

FFX came out, the first FF i bought day-of-release. It had the origionality that i saw in 7/8 and had great story/characters, the battle was different but it was good.

Word came out FFXI was going to be online, omgz
So the 2nd week it was out on PS2 realease I got it. I installed it and got as far as the CC, had to wait for my mom haha (I was... 17? jeez). Then when I first played I started on Pandimon. I stayed there for like... 1 month, cuz a classmate was on that server. But my neighbor played and was on Bismarck. I deleted my lv 14war (lol) and switch servers.

I still play it because during my FFXI life i have 'quit' and tried some free MMO, and none were 1/2 the game FFXI was. I tried WoW on Pservers, that made me throw up how bad it was lol. Just some kids that want to grow an Epeen and kill people. I liked FFXI because though youngins, had a more mature group of people (majority). I've made some great friends on FFXI that i'd like to keep contact with for years. Been playing FFXI so long it's like i have warstories...... "In 2003 there was a great inflation caused by our enemies the RMT, we went to war....." haha...
I can go on for pages and pages but yeah, LONG POST
TL;DR
But why would you even be in this thread?
[]Final[] []Fantasy[] 4 lyfe

Oh i alpha'd and beta'd 14 []I'm not up for it[]
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-01 12:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
What made people first play ff11 and what they enjoyed about it and why do they still play? Is it for the challenge , to get gear , to hang out with friends, or just because been playing so long dunno what would do with your time otherwise or some other reason? Myself i started because friends wanted me to try it and because i grew up playing the FF series all the way from the first one. Now i'm not sure why, maybe for few friends who still around and simply been playing so long dunno what be doing with time if stopped.

I had a bunch of friends beg me to play so I eventually caved. I picked pld as my main job cause I thought it might be like holy knight in tactics or beatrix in ff9.... I was very wrong D:
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-10-01 12:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
What made people first play ff11 and what they enjoyed about it and why do they still play? Is it for the challenge , to get gear , to hang out with friends, or just because been playing so long dunno what would do with your time otherwise or some other reason? Myself i started because friends wanted me to try it and because i grew up playing the FF series all the way from the first one. Now i'm not sure why, maybe for few friends who still around and simply been playing so long dunno what be doing with time if stopped.
I had a bunch of friends beg me to play so I eventually caved. I picked pld as my main job cause I thought it might be like holy knight in tactics or beatrix in ff9.... I was very wrong D:

Could be worse, you could of picked drk.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-10-01 12:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
I bought a copy for my fiance for valentines day as he had said it looked interesting, he played for 3 months and I watched him. I then decided I wanted to have a go too and bought a copy for my PC. I still play because being housebound as I am means I have little else to do with my time.

Housebound?
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-01 12:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

That was really *** low ; ;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-10-01 12:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

I kid, I like drk I just havent seen any good apoc ones really yet before, on Fairy or Sylph, always looks me like sam or mnk is stronger either at 75 with destroyers/hagun or 85 with taipan+1 or magian gkt. /relicjealously rly seems to be only thing worth owning atm lol from existing gear, and will continue to remain strong right way till 99.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-01 13:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
I kid, I like drk I just havent seen any good apoc ones really yet before, on Fairy or Sylph, always looks me like sam or mnk is stronger either at 75 with destroyers/hagun or 85 with taipan+1 or magian gkt. /relicjealously rly seems to be only thing worth owning atm lol from existing gear, and will continue to remain strong right way till 99.

There are a lot of dumb relic holders. It is really sad :/