Forum » FFXI » General » hex edit
hex edit
 Asura.Lordzodd
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lordzodd
By Asura.Lordzodd 2010-09-30 00:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told about a hex edit that should help me fix an fps problem that i was having all the sudden on 11 since i changed my video card. I was told to change the hex values to files 3 and 4 in the registry to 800. So I tried doing this and now I can't log into 11 anymore even after changing the values back to what they where. Does anyone know how to fix this.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-30 00:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordzodd said:
I was told about a hex edit that should help me fix an fps problem that i was having all the sudden on 11 since i changed my video card. I was told to change the hex values to files 3 and 4 in the registry to 800. So I tried doing this and now I can't log into 11 anymore even after changing the values back to what they where. Does anyone know how to fix this.

before you tinkered with your registry settings did you take a copy of the original entries?
 Asura.Lordzodd
By Asura.Lordzodd 2010-09-30 00:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A copy no i just wrote down the origanal numbers. But now i'm thinking it may not have been the edit because I can't log on on my laptop either even though the servers say they are up.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-30 01:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That is a bit strange, so your unable to log into FF on 2 different machines? What error messages are you getting (if any)
 Asura.Lordzodd
By Asura.Lordzodd 2010-09-30 01:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

it's a network error...
Yeah it was the 11 network, I can log in now.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-30 01:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lol glad things have worked out! For future ref if your going to mess with registry entries its always a good idea to back them up first.