users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea onry?
Abyssea onry?
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-27 03:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems all my server does is abyssea and not ***else. Took a week off just to build up traverser stones and it still seems slightly boring. Been feeling like it's a grind and no more spontaneous fun.

I'm wondering if there any servers out there that have shouts for random ***like Walk of Echoes, NM hunts, etc. Stuff of that sort. And would also like suggestions on any servers that aren't JP for the most part. (I see roughly 1k people on during day hours, and 2k+ during some late nights.) Feels like I'm on a slowly declining server.. :/ Any servers still do PvP? Sky? (For fun mostly since the gear is not much worth it nowadays; aside from a few pieces.) (And yes, I know it sucks but PvP is PvP and my crew and I like to *** with people.) Sea even? Limbus? Anything that's non-abyssea...

Sadly I still have a few friends I'd rather not move away from. Even if they don't think of me as a friend there are a few out there in Shiva. :P Best case scenario: Someone from Shiva recommends an LS that's social/fun/and likes to get ***done. Because I'd rather not fork out $30 for something that's not even guaranteed.

tl;dr version: Lonely emo looking for a fun/high lvl, social/oldschool/not-mandatory endgame LS in Shiva. And/or recommendations for non-JP ruled servers with a large amount of players that like to do other stuff besides abyssea. Basically people that are here for fun.. not just the tiring grind.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-27 04:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to be honest, I don't really think you're going to find much of that anymore. Even though my shell still does old events (Sea only if people farm triggers themselves, same for sky too) A LOT of people don't have much incentive to show up to the old events. Despite the fact that my LS gives payouts for attending events, still a lot of people don't attend dynamis, or limbus or what have you. Especially especially if it's an icky zone (say CoP dyna). Couldn't imagine the lack of motivation to attend those events in shells that don't give payouts. Also, in addition to that, currency is selling at a slug-pace, so payouts are getting even harder to do without selling things like AF or fragments. :(

Lot of rambling, tl;dr outdated content is outdated. Might want to find people who farm abyssea NMs and not just do exp parties.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-27 04:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My abyssea xping has all been pick ups. Some fo the time while I wasn't seeking anon lol.

But yeah my shell still does salvage :)
 Asura.Kresaera
Server: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2010-09-27 11:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura still has shouts for Nyzul Isle, Dynamis, etc. on it. It's not ALL Abyssea stuff. I know it's not Shiva, but just throwin that out there =)
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-27 12:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shout wise, Abyssea parties monoploize.
Party wise 75~ is in abyssea.
G.Colibri, Mamools, Mis birds and all that jazz is totally abandon cept solo'ers/Zeni pics
Whats even funnier, the older abyssea zones, Tah/Kon/Lathi are getting pretty deserted cept a few NM killers, less and less xp pts.

It's a fast pased migration
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-27 12:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

Whats even funnier, the older abyssea zones, Tah/Kon/Lathi are getting pretty deserted cept a few NM killers, less and less xp pts.

It's a fast pased migration

Yeah that's because Se is stupid not to let af3 upgrades drop from those older areas Af3 is all people seem interested in atm besides xp and a few pieces of misc. gear
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-27 12:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, those feet have a terrible rate, easier getting Kracken clubs :/
Er... Octave... XD
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-27 12:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Old content is still done, you just have to use initiative. Farm your own pops and use smaller groups - the content is becoming a lot easier to this end.

This game is becoming far less about massive linkshells and more about individual and small group effort/initiative and I like it honestly.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-27 13:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Same on Ragnarok now. Everyone split off into little groups and events are hard to do. Bout only thing we do as an ls anymore is dynamis sometimes, zone boss pop farm, and einherjar. I miss doing stuff as a big ls...game is getting pretty boring to me, I find myself playing less and less.
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-27 13:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Same on Ragnarok now. Everyone split off into little groups and events are hard to do. Bout only thing we do as an ls anymore is dynamis sometimes, zone boss pop farm, and einherjar. I miss doing stuff as a big ls...game is getting pretty boring to me, I find myself playing less and less.
4 days here. my addiction seems to fade away...
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-27 13:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I remember SE stating somewhere that they encourage ppl to move over to XIV. Seems like abyssea and all the magian trial stuff is also a systematic way to break the addiction. I suppose SE isn't all that dumb. :/
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-27 14:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
Actually I remember SE stating somewhere that they encourage ppl to move over to XIV. Seems like abyssea and all the magian trial stuff is also a systematic way to break the addiction. I suppose SE isn't all that dumb. :/

I'm not dumb either, this will be my first and last mmo. xD
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-27 14:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here. lol Not planning on another 400 days of play time on another single video game. ....then again FFXI wasn't planned.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-27 14:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:

I'm not dumb either, this will be my first and last mmo. xD

YES!!! get out while you can. I quit XI two years ago and was completely done till two of my good friends decided to pick it up, so i reactivated my character to buy them some gil and show them around...and BAM! back into it.

I fully support your desire to stop the MMO's! FIGHT THE POWER!
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-27 14:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL, I didn't even like the final fantasy games to begin with, I just kinda got sucked in.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-27 14:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

xD I -was- a fan. (Not really liking the direction SE started taking after X-2.) I just sort of stumbled upon XI thinking, "I'll have a few months of fun with this". Hell was I wrong...
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-27 14:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
LOL, I didn't even like the final fantasy games to begin with, I just kinda got sucked in.

; ; that makes me sad though....VI was amazing. and i actually liked XII