users online
Forum » FFXI » General » please help, abbyssea issues :/
please help, abbyssea issues :/
 Fenrir.Xxbigmandanxx
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Xxbigmandanxx 2010-09-26 08:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hi, recently switched from pc to xbox, i dont have my wotg disc through yet as ive had to order a copy from australia for 50£ as the PAL version is that rare atm and theres not a single collection being sold in the uk atm. ive bought however the 2 new expansions (Scars + visions) and theyve been automatically registered.
however when i go to ffxi main page where u select to choose ur character and it lists the addons and "Illuminates" the ones you own, the 2 abbysea addons i bought are not "Illuminated" and neither is the wotg addon as obviously although i have a key, i dont have the content installed yet on my xbox.
the only possible explanation i have for this myself is maybe the wotg expansion is needed for the new abyssea content, but if this is true i still cant understand why, if anyone can help at all id be most appreciative, i have also just tried talking to joachim incase it may work and he asks me to leave him alone lol .
thanks Xxbigmandanxx (abomb) and (lilkilla current character)
 Diabolos.Abomb
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Abomb 2010-09-26 08:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

also im on 65 brd atm, i assume lv makes no diff when talking to joachim as the content is accessable at lv 30+?
 Lakshmi.Icari
Server: Lakshmi
user: Icari
By Lakshmi.Icari 2010-09-26 08:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you need WOTG to access abyssea.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-09-26 08:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you have to have wotg installed. Having it registered dosent matter if it is not installed.Once you install wotg everything should be lit up and ready to go.
 Diabolos.Abomb
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Abomb 2010-09-27 04:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ah ok ideal, i was so confused tho cos the other 2 didnt light up, was worried it hadnt registered the payment or soimething lol