Post your Character
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-26 14:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Karisa said:
omg im sticking with xi but i could spend HOURS playing with the char screen making toons... Its a very serious addiction for me on games like this/pw/aion
..... @,@
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-26 14:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cecil, i try to look at you screen, and all i see is upper boob shot in in your avatar....

Also, damn they got some crazy good graphics, you can see the fur on the ears.....man i can't wait to get my upgrade pieces in.

EDIT: NVM apparently, from your userpage thats the goal. Damn does everyone that comments on your ***get downvoted?
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-26 14:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Diabolos.Karisa said:
omg im sticking with xi but i could spend HOURS playing with the char screen making toons... Its a very serious addiction for me on games like this/pw/aion
..... @,@

yeah this isnt WoW, in FF, we have characters.
 Diabolos.Karisa
Server: Diabolos
user: Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-09-26 14:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

your still a toon/char/avitar/model regardless of what you call it. I've never touched WoW tyvm
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-26 15:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Karisa said:
your still a toon/char/avitar/model regardless of what you call it. I've never touched WoW tyvm

Toon as a moniker came from EQ and transfered to WoW, as most the EQ elite now work for Blizzard, their official name for the play characters is toon.

With the increasing animosity between FF and WoW, calling your character a toon is a faux pas in this community.

Change your vernacular if you don't want to be flamed.
[+]
 Siren.Maximillion
Server: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-26 15:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Karisa said:

Are you into DP?
 Diabolos.Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-09-26 15:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Id not know this seeing as once again ive never played WoW ;)
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-26 15:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Karisa said:
Id not know this seeing as once again ive never played WoW ;)

If that's the case, where did you get the terminology for "toon"

Did you play EQ or any of its offshoots?

In my years of playing FF, no one ever called it that, and i didnt know what a toon was till i heard my friends who played WoW call it that. Hince my question.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2010-09-26 15:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Cecil, i try to look at you screen, and all i see is upper boob shot in in your avatar....

Also, damn they got some crazy good graphics, you can see the fur on the ears.....man i can't wait to get my upgrade pieces in.

EDIT: NVM apparently, from your userpage thats the goal. Damn does everyone that comments on your ***get downvoted?

Lol for the most part yes..but just got to try and ignore it! All the negative crap heh :)
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-26 15:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

"Toon" is a common word for Character in Canada.
 Diabolos.Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-09-26 15:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

From my head I suppose. Maybe you should spend more time getting a job to 85 then trolling someone for enjoying the process of making "Characters"
(I realllyyy like your FFXIV mithras btw!)
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-26 15:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

Lol for the most part yes..but just got to try and ignore it! All the negative crap heh :)

There was a WHM dressed up to be all sexy and ***at dragon con, half the people were trying to take pictures with her, the other half were heckling her for being an attention *** and not staying true to the character.

People confuse me sometimes....
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-26 15:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Karisa said:
From my head I suppose. Maybe you should spend more time getting a job to 85 then trolling someone for enjoying the process of making "Characters"
(I realllyyy like your FFXIV mithras btw!)

Depending on who you were aiming that at, i believe both of us quit XI and are playing 14. (I dont know for a fact slip is no longer playing XI, but im not)

But either way, your response doesn't make sense, as having a job to 85 is not a requirement for "trolling" someone on the internet.
 Diabolos.Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-09-26 15:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose in a nice way I was saying to "*** off" for picking on me ;)
and no it was just to you Yokhai <3
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-26 15:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Toon as a moniker came from EQ and transfered to WoW, as most the EQ elite now work for Blizzard, their official name for the play characters is toon.
Hate to call you on this, but I worked on EQ and am good friends/ex-workers with a number of folks at Blizzard, and that's not true. "Toon" was never a term in Everquest, and the internal developer name for it was always "avatar."

The standard industry term is still "avatar," in reference to the physical representation and underlying customization system, with "character" being the term most used for stats, abilities, gear, etc. By comparison, "toon" came about entirely within WoW, mostly as a reference to the art style, and back-ported itself to EQ and EQ2 purely as a user meme.

Also, most of the Everquest developers either still work at SOE or Trion, which has friendly relations. There is no preponderance of EQ devs working on WoW over any other MMO.

(Edit: It's worth noting that no MMO dev wants to go home after a long day of work and play their own MMO, but most do play other companies' games -- especially WoW. Every MMO dev I know except me has a WoW account. So it's possible there is some vocab creep going on over time.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 15:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

wow all your characters are really pretty
i like catnip's the most =D

when I get a chance to screenshot mine I'll post it.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-26 15:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Hate to call you on this, but I worked on EQ and am good friends/ex-workers with a number of folks at Blizzard, and that's not true. "Toon" was never a term in Everquest, and the internal developer name for it was always "avatar." The standard industry term is still "avatar," in reference to the physical representation and underlying customization system, with "character" being the term most used for stats, abilities, gear, etc. By comparison, "toon" came about entirely within WoW, mostly as a reference to the art style, and back-ported itself to EQ and EQ2 purely as a user meme. Also, most of the Everquest developers either still work at SOE or Trion, which has friendly relations. There is no preponderance of EQ devs working on WoW over any other MMO. (Edit: It's worth noting that no MMO dev wants to go home after a long day of work and play their own MMO, but most do play other companies' games -- especially WoW. Every MMO dev I know except me has a WoW account. So it's possible there is some vocab creep going on over time.)

What MMOs do you currently play, then?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-26 15:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

:D

Diabolos.Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-09-26 15:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

god those grapics are amazing x.x
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-26 15:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

tall n handsome!
he looks kinda fun though
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-26 15:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Karisa said:
god those grapics are amazing x.x

Mine aren't even turned up to the highest ;;

If they were 1) it would look pretty and 2) my computer would almost instantaneously burst into flames.
By Flionheart 2010-09-26 15:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My PC is running the highest options stably now since retail. I couldn't run Ambient Occlusion in Beta, but it's fine now. I find myself running from place to place just because I'm enjoying the view so much.
 Diabolos.Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-09-26 16:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried the benchmark but it stayed black screen ; ; I have to wait for ps3 version ;/ does anyone know when that comes out?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-26 16:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
My PC is running the highest options stably now since retail. I couldn't run Ambient Occlusion in Beta, but it's fine now. I find myself running from place to place just because I'm enjoying the view so much.

And to think that's Jeuno.
By Flionheart 2010-09-26 16:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It is, and it's locked ; ;

I'll get some more SS later on.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-26 16:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like a beautiful Disney-movie-esque castle or something.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-26 16:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Flionheart said:

And to think that's Jeuno.

Can't wait to be able to go there :(
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-26 16:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

:D

Reminds me of Genie from Alladin for some reason.
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-26 16:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Karisa said:
I tried the benchmark but it stayed black screen ; ; I have to wait for ps3 version ;/ does anyone know when that comes out?

Like in march, I believe. :( I am upgrading my CPU just for this shitty game, investing 200+ USD on it. D;
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-26 16:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice models you all have there guys :) Really loving some of the hume and elvaan posts. I think when I make my character it'll take hours but leaning toward Mithra :( However... elvaan is so much more appealing in 14 then in 11.

Btw TY for moving the topic:D
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8