Keitonotachi +1 Broked?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Keitonotachi +1 broked?
Keitonotachi +1 broked?
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-09-25 10:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone else somewhat disappointed with their Keitonotachi's? I built a stp 10 version with 95 base dmg and was noticing quite a bit of a ws dmg difference while in abyssea between hagun and then when I switched to keito when I hit 85. So this morning I did some quick testing on 10 lesser colibri and found that my hagun does in fact out dmg my keito on ws's...(melee hits its no contest but thats another story) Should ws dmg still be gimped on keito even with base dmg of 95? or is the tp bonus on hagun still superior even tho its only 75 dmg? Perhaps im missing something on this. Any ideas?

Here's the data i've gotten so far. Keep in mind that my gear is constant throughout...I didnt use any food and was all done on the same day.
Keito/Gekko w/o macro gear over 10 mobs: 7678 dmg (767.8/ws)
Hagun/Gekko w/o macro gear over 10 mobs: 8384 dmg (838.4/ws)

Keito/Gekko with macro gear over 10 mobs: 8370 dmg (837.0/ws)
Hagun/Gekko with macro gear over 10 mobs: 9365 dmg (936.5/ws)

Now before ppl bash me with "insufficient mobs/data arguement" I want to point out the 100's of mobs in abyssea that also showed significant ws dmg difference that got the ball rolling so to speak.

Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-25 10:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagun produces the best Gekkos, at the cost of DoT. 5-hit Keitonotachi is better.
[+]
By StridentZephon 2010-09-25 11:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been stated that until you get upwards towards the range of 103
+ base damage hagun will win due to the TP mod. As you stated while in melee a base weapon will out damage hagun but its 95 vs. 75. The fact is that the weapon more then likely will be further upgraded to out pharse Hagun.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-09-25 11:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

StridentZephon said:
The fact is that the weapon more then likely will be further upgraded to out pharse Hagun.

I hope so :D
A tp bonus akin to hagun would be sweet.
 Asura.Flufferkins
Server: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-09-25 11:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop worrying about Gekko. It's sadly been put to rest. It's all about Tachi: Fudo now!

(Not the exact page but there is a ton of info about them dissecting the ws)
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/90728-Final-Form-Magian-Weapons/page128
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-25 11:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Right... because everyone will have access to Tachi: Fudo.
[+]
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-09-25 11:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Right... because everyone will have access to Tachi: Fudo.

It's really not much more/less work than the other GK trials. (Depending on how active your ls is ofcorse)

With the 450 delay It's really not too bad to hit build.
(W/stp merits which all sam should have already)
11STP = 6 hit
39STP = 5 hit
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-25 11:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ever done Walk of Echoes? coins barely drop there..
You're lucky to see two single coins in a full clear.
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-09-25 11:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Have you ever done Walk of Echoes? coins barely drop there..
You're lucky to see two single coins in a full clear.

Currently 8/30 on my coins from just 4~5 crab runs. I won't say they are easy to get but they do drop in bags like Alexandrite from some of the chests.

back to my original point, The time dedication compared to what a lot of people are putting out to get the other magian GK's I'm very sure this will be worth it in the long haul. We all can't have Massamune's, but this GK is definitely obtainable.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-09-25 12:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How many can come in the bags? approximately
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-09-25 12:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:
How many can come in the bags? approximately

Wiki says pouches can be 1-12, most we've seen from one is 8.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-25 12:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it doable? Yes. Is everyone going to have it? No. You aren't even 1/3 of the way done and all it takes as an unlucky streak on drops and it will take awhile to get it done.

1/30 on coins! Im so close!
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-09-25 13:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Is it doable? Yes. Is everyone going to have it? No. You aren't even 1/3 of the way done and all it takes as an unlucky streak on drops and it will take awhile to get it done.

This is just funny from a guy who has Amano in his "Goals" set. You're willing to run salvage 2-3 times a week for usukane but some coins is way too much?

So what you're saying is that even though it's just a bit more work, you're fine with with producing inferior damage with an acceptable but lesser hit build/WS combination?

Op's post was that he was disappointed with his magian GK. People already spend hours upon hours doing these things. You may as well put out a bit more of the time investment. You're just being crabby about this ***because you personally haven't seen many coins from WoE so it MUST be too difficult. Nowhere close to the ammount of work some poor soul is going to put into one, have disappointing results and start another.

Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-25 13:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Flufferkins said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

This is just funny from a guy who has Amano in his "Goals" set. You're willing to run salvage 2-3 times a week for usukane but some coins is way too much?

So what you're saying is that even though it's just a bit more work, you're fine with with producing inferior damage with an acceptable but lesser hit build/WS combination?

Op's post was that he was disappointed with his magian GK. People already spend hours upon hours doing these things. You may as well put out a bit more of the time investment. You're just being crabby about this ***because you personally haven't seen many coins from WoE so it MUST be too difficult. Nowhere close to the ammount of work some poor soul is going to put into one, have disappointing results and start another.

What is the current attitude/oppinion on the WSDMG+10% Keito?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-25 13:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

What is the current attitude/oppinion on the WSDMG+10% Keito?

It is pretty good, in fact, better than the StoreTP Keito, if you can 5hit the +10% WS dmg Keito. (it is possible to 5hit the +10% WS dmg Keito, considering some of the new gear that's out etc.)

Edit: Also, it was talked about in here.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-25 13:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can 5-hit the WSDMG+10% Keito you might as well 5-hit Kokushitsunotachi.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-25 14:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
If you can 5-hit the WSDMG+10% Keito you might as well 5-hit Kokushitsunotachi.

Yes except, Keitonotachi IS easier to make for most people. If you can make the OAT GK, then by all means. Nobody said OAT GK was inferior to Keito.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-25 14:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I say im not willing to do the work to get it? I am. But doesn't mean I expect EVERYONE to have the GKT.

I did salvage, got my gear, doesn't mean I EXPECT every SAM to have Usukane body.

Just seems dumb to try and pass it off as something that every sam should easily get and expect to have.
[+]
 Phoenix.Batosai
user: Batosai
By Phoenix.Batosai 2010-10-07 19:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So what im getting from this is that my options as a Samurai are limited. If the gk im going for (Keit +10%WSD) is still inferior to my Hagun, and I dont have the time to put in for the Hiradenotachi, what are my options? Stick with my plan for keit+10%wsd and sit on that till they decide to further upgrade it and stick with my hagun because its still a good weapon and not off the top of the list of acceptable weapons?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-07 19:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagun is only better if you are doing nothing but WSing, Once you start to melee 5 hit is going to produce better numbers over all.

OAT gkt, STR gkt, WSDMG+10% GKT, STP GKT are all fine choices. If you want, keep your hagun for times when you will not engage the mob at all expect to WS.
 Phoenix.Batosai
user: Batosai
By Phoenix.Batosai 2010-10-07 20:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunatly I wont find myself in the position to only WS, so I have to just bite the bullet, finish off the keit, and use it till it gets upgraded again. But still using hagun till thats done. When the goal isnt to be as good as possible, it comes down to personal preference from there?
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-07 20:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Aim low, that way you won't be disappointed when you fail.