What's Your Luck With Estoquer Head Seals?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's your luck with Estoquer head seals?
What's your luck with Estoquer head seals?
By Threedaysgrace52 2010-09-25 08:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I've done the stupid rockhopper quest approximately 40 times and have only gotten one Estoquer head seal! Wiki says it's roughly a 12% drop, but with how I've been doing it's been about a 2.5% (1/40). Anyone else having a hard time with these Estoquer head seals? I thought zoning in and out and trading like 10 stacks of sausage was bad enough for the legs, but this is even worse. If worse comes to worse I guess I have no other option than the NM route :/
 Shiva.Shinneh
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-25 09:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You have NO idea. took me 30+ stones and 4 straight days of doing this quest to get all 8 of my seals (had enough to make rng head+1 too)

this was before they nerfed it, so I made ~700k npcing the jupiters rings.

Guess it was worth it really... >.>
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-25 09:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I still see the majority of players going for the quest route to acquire seals for AF3+1, and I just don't understand it.

The "drop" rate on these repeatable quests is crap.

Dunno why people are turned off by the NM route. Many of the NMs that drop AF3+1 seals are forced pop, not too difficult for a party of 6 (or less in several cases), and the "???" spots to spawn the NMs reappear shortly after NM dies.

C'mon people. Stop trading sausage and lugging around sacks.
Group up and fight NMs.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-09-25 09:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya i know right. Lol people are spending 10 stones to get 1 piece done instead of taking a party. Killing a family for pop items/xp/TE and popping NM inbetween and getting 1-6 seals or more + an item.
 Shiva.Shinneh
Server: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-25 10:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people (like myself) dont have 5 willing friends to go kill nms most of the time >.> if this is your only resort of getting AF3+1 then you will do it by any means necessary... its just that good.

People will always take shortcuts, even if its in 2 ways:

-Doing it solo, which means you will be able to get it first and not have to wait in line

-Do it together in a group, which means you can get it faster, but may have to wait for others to get theirs first.

I spent all my stones (near enough) and still managed to get what I wanted out of it lol, dont do that much abyssea parties anyway (used the rest of my stones to get the two key items to reduce time from 20 -> 12hours)

So if people want to do it, let them do it! lol

[+]
By Threedaysgrace52 2010-09-25 13:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's interesting how this discussion turned out. I even shouted in Port Jeuno for a few hours: "Red Mage AF3 head fight Notorious Monster Team up?" to no avail. I then tried shouting for a 100k reward per seal. I definitely thought 100k would spark someones interest. Nope. Unfortunately sometimes you just can't *** around for too long to get groups together.
 Leviathan.Vincento
Server: Leviathan
user: Vincento
By Leviathan.Vincento 2010-09-25 17:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Threedaysgrace52 said:
It's interesting how this discussion turned out. I even shouted in Port Jeuno for a few hours: "Red Mage AF3 head fight Notorious Monster Team up?" to no avail. I then tried shouting for a 100k reward per seal. I definitely thought 100k would spark someones interest. Nope. Unfortunately sometimes you just can't *** around for too long to get groups together.

If you ever find yourself looking for a group again, attempt to rephrase your shouts into something that will appeal to a wider audience. Depending on what mob you intend to fight, try listing the rest of the job seals that drop from the NM, and call for specific jobs to assist you - this presents yourself as knowledgeable of the fight, which will remove that glaring flag of idiocy that people may view you under based on your initial shout.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-09-25 17:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Threedaysgrace52 said:

Can easily solo it (The worm, Pallid Percy) on any nuke-friendly mage job with a few Panacea's for draw in/mudslide if you have any mage buddies. Just throwing that out there.
[+]