New WSs For Automaton?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » new WSs for automaton?
new WSs for automaton?
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-24 17:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just speculating about this, but I wonder if SE has plans to add new WS for automatons. Time for something new, and while ur at it, a new tier of attachments! Loudspeaker III go!
By darknes 2010-09-24 17:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i doubt SE will ever give something good to PUP ... sadly

i wish PUP get stronger or give them a real place on the battlefield ...

new WS / Attachement / ability (for master or automaton)

would be nice rly
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-24 17:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, only thing I look forward to now is new spells to be unleashed. I hardly touch the other 2 anymore, and no I'm not a pedo lol!
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-24 17:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

darknes said:
i doubt SE will ever give something good to PUP ... sadly i wish PUP get stronger or give them a real place on the battlefield ... new WS / Attachement / ability (for master or automaton) would be nice rly
Something good for pup?

Like when H2h skill got raised? What else does pup need? Oooh a kick *** ws that is good? <enter nyzul weaponskill here>..

People like you are why other ppl think that pup is an Lol job..any decent geared pup can DD circles around most other DD's..I know this and I don't even have the job lvl'd. You make me sad.

(if you do have pup lvl'd you should be ashamed...and then you should probably learn how to play the job! You can pick the order.)
[+]
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-24 17:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I will say the master got a boost, yes. But nothing new besides spells for automatons. Hince the topic of OP. Give us more reasons to play VE and SS, that's all I meant.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-24 17:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma said:
I will say the master got a boost, yes. But nothing new besides spells for automatons. Hince the topic of OP. Give us more reasons to play VE and SS, that's all I meant.
Yes I know...thats why I didn't quote you..

Didn't pup just get Aero5 too? And can nuke and duo/trio hard NM's like rdm's can? With Abyssea and how much stuff you can do in LowMan groups I'd imagine that there was never a better time to be a Pup.

Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-24 17:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the new spells are the best thing going atm. My other frames are getting rusty lol. Rng is now like 70 Sk pts. from cap :(
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-24 17:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh so pups are getting lazy and aren't keeping skills capped so now pups need a boost from SE to compensate..yeah that must be ruff.

So until Pups gets GodMode ppl will be unhappy and ask for more.

I don't know why I care tbh..I'm tired so im in one of those moods.
 Siren.Eremes
Server: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2010-09-24 17:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think about it, the master has 9 WSes (not counting the 300 skill or Empyrean WSes). By comparison, the automaton has 3. To keep that ratio, they're not going to be able to add many more WSes, so I'd suspect they're waiting to introduce the last Automaton WS to make sure it doesn't become obsolete by 99.

Personally, I'd like to see SE make attachments easier to obtain for new PUPs; the price jack on Ashu Talif attachments makes it even harder for players dabbling in the job to continue leveling it.

I'd also love to see the Soulsoother get some buffs it could cast on the master, but I doubt that'll happen.
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-24 17:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not that I'm not keeping skills up, its the fact I'm having more fun with one aspect of automaton. :) The beauty of pup is having the choice to change roles on a dime, but now getting less need of other non mage rolls.

But in the end, I'm still happy with what I have lol.

Speculating what's gonna come in next update is half the fun, these outlets to give ideas is my way of hoping SE is scanning for new ideas ^^
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-09-24 18:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Oh so pups are getting lazy and aren't keeping skills capped so now pups need a boost from SE to compensate..yeah that must be ruff.

So until Pups gets GodMode ppl will be unhappy and ask for more.

I don't know why I care tbh..I'm tired so im in one of those moods.

i mean, thats really not necessary, this topic is not about the master, nor is it about the SW frame, its about people wondering when SE will give something to SS and VE so that they get a boost like the master, and the SW frame, and the other jobs.

being argumentative for arguments sake isnt cool.
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-27 16:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I can see them doing would be an status effect down WS, SS would be like Evasion down, VE defense down and mages possibly a magic def down. Sounds good to me lol
 Gilgamesh.Sanders
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Sanders
By Gilgamesh.Sanders 2010-10-02 13:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

darknes said:
i doubt SE will ever give something good to PUP ... sadly

i wish PUP get stronger or give them a real place on the battlefield ...

new WS / Attachement / ability (for master or automaton)

would be nice rly

I guess you don't use pup much.

PUP is now like a lot of other jobs now: yes new ***would be nice and fun, but it's unnecessary.

Then again, our empyrean armour is rape.
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2010-10-02 14:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup has become a lot stronger with the last few update. Lowering overload rate P. sting, a higher versital amount of gear if your willing to work for it. Either Shinku, Ginhaku or at best Usukane. Its just like every job except sam. You have to be willing to put the time and effort into the job. Most people still think Lolninja can DD but 80% of the time ninjas parse over most dd's...... Just happened to me last night when a shout group was 13/18 and need DD and i said ill come and the answer was i need DDs. I could have gone off but i jus allo people to play their own way and continue to think that. A decent to 100% real pup almost as much damage if not more the a MNK w/o BB. and with the new gear and skill raise most pups are on par with MNKs.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-10-12 06:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'd surely love new automaton WS, the idea of having more uselessly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE maneuver combination to make them go off kinda puts me off from that idea.

I'd rather have them "power up" the current ones. (well, some do not require a powerup at all)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-12 06:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally would like a new WS for pup frames. Idk what they would entail, but one more before 99 would be nice. Melee classes saw like 3-4 new WS since 75, where as pup frames haven't gotten one since 71 and my pup got Pummel (which is a godsend in itself though). I'm working on Verethragna for Victory Smite, which would be nice to have, but I'm not sure how much better it will be over pummel lol. I'm hoping the WS is awesome, though its less hits. As far as puppet frame WSs though...

I'm not sure what else they even CAN do...I would like one more, but they pretty much covered all the bases... Melee frame has a really nice drain WS, as well as a 3 hit stunner... Rng frame has a nice 1 hit stun, as well as a fairly high acc, very high dmg piercing WS. Mage WSs are kinda lulz, but Magic Mortar is ok if you do it properly I guess.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-10-12 07:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a new frame. come on already, give us a melee DD frame, something like a MNK frame or a DRK. sure Valore is nice, but i wanna see something with dual mace hands bitchslap things
 Asura.Xlide
user: Xlide
By Asura.Xlide 2010-10-12 08:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

@Zorander

do you do anything but forum camp?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-12 08:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I will say, if Drille gets a better WS than Magic Mortar, that would be badass.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-10-12 18:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma said:
Its not that I'm not keeping skills up, its the fact I'm having more fun with one aspect of automaton. :) The beauty of pup is having the choice to change roles on a dime, but now getting less need of other non mage rolls. But in the end, I'm still happy with what I have lol. Speculating what's gonna come in next update is half the fun, these outlets to give ideas is my way of hoping SE is scanning for new ideas ^^

i totaly agree that SS and and DD pup is quite pointless and needs some sort of a boost where it be ws of what ever.

theres a pup on my server that can one shot abbyssea skullz for 3223 damage with blm pup(all the best pet MAB gear ya can get obviously).
so really loudspeaker III isnt needed tho id like one lol.

bare in mind he wasnt even meleeing the mobs as there was no point lol.
the pup would solo a skull while the rest of the DD's would focus on other mobs.
now im not saying ftw pup out parse's every job and their grandad,but i dont see many sam's or other DD doing this on my server.
this guy eats IT skulls like there too weak lol
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-10-12 19:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol yeah loudspeaker 3 would be fun indeed. I'm curious which skulls u are referring to. I wanna give them a shot. I also have top nuking gear. Most I can do is almost one shot a marid but that required a solo sc. (Referring to my screenshot in Aero5 Title post)