Samurai 4 hit build
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-07-17 21:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SE was quick to oust the 4-hit Masa (using Ossa/Oneiros/Cadushi Grip), so until there's much moar STP, you deal with:
Ye Olde 26% Haste 5-hit
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 21:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said:
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
i can't help but facepalm anytime i run across a melee that isn't a warrior or a ninja, or even a monk

that sounded inappropriately condescending. lol.

spoilers

also

Carbuncle.Kerokun said:
SE was quick to oust the 4-hit Masa (using Ossa/Oneiros/Cadushi Grip), so until there's much moar STP, you deal with:
Ye Olde 26% Haste 5-hit

superior tbh, though masamune users should be getting the tp bonus moonshade, which case to resolve the tp set issue here, just tp in bushinomimi and hoard ring (over regain moonshade earring and mars' ring)
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-07-17 21:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is the magical NPC that will give me Amano for a Masa?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 22:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

idk broface
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 22:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the rose strap really needed for Kaiten builds?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 22:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

yes

assuming usukane sune-ate become zomfg-tier next update, say, 10 store tp and 3% haste, which tbh is not entirely unrealistic to picture since ravager's calligae +2 = OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMFG atm as far as right now goes, the first thing you'll want to drop out of your build with amanomurakumo is white tathlum during tp, as well as unkai haidate +2 on weapon skill (in-favor of hachiryu haidate)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 22:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting...ok, rock on then ^^. I don't have Amano, but thought the STP aftermath would allow you to use something better.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 22:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

if the duration was more reliant, i would contemplate swapping it out for pole grip, but even still, the moment the aftermath is gone, you're permanently screwed (since you can't swap grips without losing tp), compared to, say, the much more beneficial swap of outing unkai kabuto +2 for zelus tiara during tp with aftermath up (20.0/hit return), and then using kaiten with,

this, for a 18.2% return on ws, altogether resulting in 98.2% total, only requiring two moonshade earring ticks, which is basically what you want to aim for at maximum with the regain variant of the earring and your -hit build
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 22:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, I haven't done WoTG yet, but I figured the +25TP bonus would be my choice for earring since I don't have fudo or kaiten. I took a long break from the game and have to return to grinding NMs to get my sam back in order lol.. Need to really get going on WotG and aby NMs to get my +2s and such... That ensphere body.. better than byrnie+1 then? The STR+9 over the byrnie+1 doesnt seem like it would outweigh the att bonus.. but i guess str mod+9 in addition to only like 4 less att... well I guess its close if anything
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 22:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

fazheluo royal mail is hands down the best -augmented fudo/kaiten body, beat only just barely by a perfectly-augmented kirin's osode with 5 str, 7 atk and 2% da

as for moonshade earring in general for samurai, if you're without kaiten/fudo, you're best off with the tp bonus variant since you'll have the additional delay via other katanas such as kikugosaku, or the +100 TP bonus keitonotachi, which then makes the regain entirely unnecessary

in other words, the only real time to ever get the regain variant is with amanomurakumo, where the tp bonus does nothing, though i do get the feeling they will be changing the fTP scales for relics and mythics alike very soon
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 22:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How does one get that Osode aug? Like what tatter do you use? (Do they even matter? like will you get different augment sets with different tatters? I haven't messed with this synergy augment crap yet lol).. And ya, I have the TP Bonus+100 Keitonotachi (go go neo-hagun lol), so I figured the TP bonus+25 earring would be monster. Even with Fudo.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 22:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm fairly certain it was a suzaku's scrap that could result in those three augments on a kirin's osode, but mind you, this one guy i talked to about it who's basically an expert on this synergy augment stuff basically told me the overall chance of getting those augments is slim to none

to be blunt, i wouldn't even bother with it, seeing how i'm sure by ninety-nine we're going to see a much more viable (and better) fudo/kaiten body
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 23:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang, cuz that sounds like a pretty damn good augment... Guess I'll have to settle for a Byrnie+1 when I do finish my Masa lol
 Asura.Hotin
Server: Asura
user: HotinTJ
By Asura.Hotin 2011-07-17 23:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Using it at time outside Abyssea (at least with hasso off but can possibly "full time" i guess).

Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 23:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotin said:
goading belt with store tp v out

[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-18 00:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Its because of Dem Bustle Dirs Iron... dem Bustle Dirs.... lol
 Asura.Hotin
By Asura.Hotin 2011-07-18 00:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Because posting imaginary builds, TP in -HP and resistance- and 24% instead 25% haste is better, looked on the web but didnt find a pic to fit in this clownery.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-18 00:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotin said:
TP in -HP and resistance

bustle dirs have -hp too broface, and the -resistances don't do anything on bullwhip belt when you're already taking unresisted magic damage in the first place; you would know of this if you tanked tiamat/ixion/cerberus/khimaira like i did

speaking of foolishness, remember that one time (technically multiple times) i beat your face into the ground, in my town gear of all things?

i do too
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-18 00:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

sam/blu? this is why i hate brenner/ballista in FFXI lol.. stupid *** job combos do work sometimes, but in no way ever work for mobs lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-18 00:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotin said:
24% instead 25% haste is better
I hear there's this thing called a Hasso enhancement, anybody know what it does?
[+]
 Asura.Atharia
By Asura.Atharia 2011-07-18 00:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotin said:
TP in -HP and resistance

bustle dirs have -hp too broface, and the -resistances don't do anything on bullwhip belt when you're already taking unresisted magic damage in the first place; you would know of this if you tanked tiamat/ixion/cerberus/khimaira like i did

speaking of foolishness, remember that one time (technically multiple times) i beat your face into the ground, in my town gear of all things?

i do too

LOLOLOLOLOL

I see now why he's so butthurt.

Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-18 00:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Hotin said:
I hear there's this thing called a Hasso enhancement, anybody know what it does?

pfft, enhancing hasso? come on night, you know it's pointless when zelus tiara, dusk gloves +1, bullwhip belt, unkai haidate +2 and ace's leggings don't already cap you on haste

you totally need bustle dirs to insure you're hitting 26%
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-18 00:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

*** hasso dude. just /mnk with counterstance + seigan counters and you'll be swinging like 4 times as fast with zanshin bonus and ***anyways.
[+]
 Asura.Hotin
By Asura.Hotin 2011-07-18 00:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok 10 > 75, and you dont know me well, i tanked all these HNMs long time ago for years. And i see as usual with you when you dont have any argument left you post non sense 12 yrs old *** especially this lolPvP i did for my first and last time; so funny you kept this screenshot im sure you keep masturbating on it everydays since the last time you mentioned it.
By BorealisV2 2011-07-18 00:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Things getting interesting in here.

BATTLE OF THE AMANOS
 Asura.Hotin
By Asura.Hotin 2011-07-18 00:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Hotin said:

I posted for hasso off, and you wont have hasso up full time.

No reply on the imaginary builds Ironclown? and Atharia dont jelly too much on our new Voidwatch bodies as i seen you examining them for 5 min today in PJ.
 Asura.Atharia
By Asura.Atharia 2011-07-18 00:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotin said:
Ok 10 > 75, and you dont know me well, i tanked all these HNMs long time ago for years. And i see as usual with you when you dont have any argument left you post non sense 12 yrs old *** especially this lolPvP i did for my first and last time; so funny you kept this screenshot im sure you keep masturbating on it everydays since the last time you mentioned it.

Taru needs a tissue.

Where's the necrobump detector... this thread is over when the taru starts to cry.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-07-18 00:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Atharia said:
>joyeuse
>talking ***

yup
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-18 00:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
Things getting interesting in here.

BATTLE OF THE AMANOS

he disgraces basically any job he touches sadly, it's pretty upsetting

Asura.Hotin said:

Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-18 00:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotin said:
TP in -HP and resistance

i do too

Clearly the only reason you won is because of bots.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15