Resident Evil After Life "Disapointed Or Disapoint

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Resident Evil After Life "Disapointed or disapoint
Resident Evil After Life "Disapointed or disapoint
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Cecilharvey
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Cecilharvey 2010-09-20 14:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

what did you think of it really ?
 Bismarck.Hisagi
Server: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-09-20 14:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

wasted 1h and half of my life
[+]
 Diabolos.Bendak
Server: Diabolos
user: bendak
By Diabolos.Bendak 2010-09-20 15:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the last movie I saw in theaters before I saw this one was The Last Airbender this felt like a great movie.
 Cerberus.Rowec
Server: Cerberus
user: Rowec
By Cerberus.Rowec 2010-09-27 21:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a Resident Evil movie, you can't walk into this one or any of them expecting an epic plot or screenwriting. If you don't get it's simple plot by now, I'll write it out. Alice hates Umbrella, Umbrella hates Alice; in a world filled with zombies it is a game of survival against both the zombies and Umbrella. These movies do not follow any of the game series storyline, so stop expecting that, not going to happen lol

With that in mind, I went to watch it for the zombies and action sequences. I'd have to say Afterlife was entertaining in that respect (the axeman scene was cool as hell). The 3D was done very well, it wasn't a gimmicky in your face injection, it simply gave the film more depth. That added with the Matrix effects made for some very stylish action scenes.

They brought back Claire and Wesker as well as introduced Chris into the series which was a nice pull from the RE games. Unlike most hardcore RE fans, I actually enjoy watching Alice (Jovovich is hot and kicks serious ***), so I'm a bit biased in that respect.

tl:dr - *** loved this movie.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-27 21:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably my favorite movie in 3D. 90% of the 3D movies out there are almost all 2D with only the scenes they show in the previews really being done in 3D. Slight exageration but you get my point. This one was full of it and was nice
By Flionheart 2010-09-27 21:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The resident evil films are terrible zombie films, and make a mockery of the Resident evil series.

The only semi-passable RE film was the first, the rest were crap. Stop over saturating the zombie market with ***like this kthx.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Flionheart 2010-09-27 21:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Flionheart said:
The resident evil films are terrible zombie films, and make a mockery of the Resident evil series.

The only semi-passable RE film was the first, the rest were crap. Stop over saturating the zombie market with ***like this kthx.

Little late for that. Goddamn you George Romero. Land of the Dead was a bigger let down than an aspiring gymnast with downs.

Adding more ***onto the ***pile doesn't make the ***pile go away lol.

And yes, Romeros recent films have been god awful. Last good zombie film that came out was... REC if you count that as a zombie film I guess.
By Flionheart 2010-09-27 21:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you want a better RE film that actually attempts to follow the original plot, try Resident Evil Degeneration
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-27 22:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw the standard version on download the other night and must say it was pretty good, very enjoyable. Watching it in 3D must have been amazing!

Flion any game that is turned into a movie is bound to be a let down in comparison you can only squeeze so much into 90 minutes which is why they made the RE movies into an amalgamation of all the games.

The basic plot from the games is visible, the important characters make an appearance and the idea of bringing Alice in as the lead was great as they could have more flexibility with the movie(in essence creating a new scenario ala RE2/3 simultaneous events happening at concurrent times).

Hope that makes sense...its 4:30am im at work doing my nightshift!
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 00:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
I saw the standard version on download the other night and must say it was pretty good, very enjoyable. Watching it in 3D must have been amazing!

Flion any game that is turned into a movie is bound to be a let down in comparison you can only squeeze so much into 90 minutes which is why they made the RE movies into an amalgamation of all the games.

The basic plot from the games is visible, the important characters make an appearance and the idea of bringing Alice in as the lead was great as they could have more flexibility with the movie(in essence creating a new scenario ala RE2/3 simultaneous events happening at concurrent times).

Then they shouldn't make games into movies. Simple as. The Resident Evil games are about survival horror, the Resident Evil movies are about a super heroine who fights zombies with her magic power.

Makes no sense

At

All.
[+]
 Bahamut.Drevin
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-09-28 00:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
I saw the standard version on download the other night and must say it was pretty good, very enjoyable. Watching it in 3D must have been amazing! Flion any game that is turned into a movie is bound to be a let down in comparison you can only squeeze so much into 90 minutes which is why they made the RE movies into an amalgamation of all the games. The basic plot from the games is visible, the important characters make an appearance and the idea of bringing Alice in as the lead was great as they could have more flexibility with the movie(in essence creating a new scenario ala RE2/3 simultaneous events happening at concurrent times). Hope that makes sense...its 4:30am im at work doing my nightshift!
Then they shouldn't make games into movies. Simple as. The Resident Evil games are about survival horror, the Resident Evil movies are about a super heroine who fights zombies with her magic power. Makes no sense At All.
who says it needs to make sense!?

and... i like the avatar :D
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-28 00:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:

Then they shouldn't make games into movies. Simple as. The Resident Evil games are about survival horror, the Resident Evil movies are about a super heroine who fights zombies with her magic power.

Makes no sense

At

All.

If it makes them money they will do it. Could have been alot worse i.e. Tekken...FF Spirits Within...Max Payne..etc etc
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 00:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The Resident Evil films and X-men 3 remain my biggest disappointments in filming history.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-09-28 00:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

At least it wasn't the Eragon movie.
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 00:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I never even read the books, and I hated that movie.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-09-28 00:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
I never even read the books, and I hated that movie.
You should read the books, they'll make the movie look even worse. :3
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2010-09-28 01:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw it last weekend with a friend, tbh it wasn't that bad. Yes Resident Evil plots are the same for the games and movies, but they're still enjoyable.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-09-28 01:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i like the RE movies...saw this in 3d and it was awesome..i also like the video games alot also..im just a RE fan in general..like a few of u said..theres only so much u can do with a RE game made into movie...like 6+ hours of gameplay down into 90min...would be hard...not only that..the games didnt have as much storyline to go off of anyhow
edit:making the movies exactly like the games would of been boring and predictable
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-28 04:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what else they can really do with the storyline tbh.

Can only keep up the agent smith (i can dodge everything / invincible) vs horde of zombies thing interesting so long.

One can only hope the next movie they make wont just be a rehash of some new type of zombie/infected mutant.

I really doubt it though.. doesn't seem to be much of a story involved, just random fight scenes and a few jokes tossed in.

Works good on video game don't get me wrong.. i love resident evil games.. not so good for a 4 going on 5 movie series tho >_>
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-09-28 04:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

she made the movie worth it.

<3 milla jovovich <3
[+]
 Cerberus.Rowec
Server: Cerberus
user: Rowec
By Cerberus.Rowec 2010-09-28 05:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They are actually talking about making two more films.
I think I have the fifth story figured out. Everyone on arcadia gets recaptured, the main heroes somehow break free and save Jill Valentine, and of course some lackeys(k-mart) die along the way. Then they have it out with Wesker again, and maybe this time he will be infected with uroboros.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-28 06:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nemesis was better than that hammer dude, and Milla is as hot as ever.
By Rohypnol 2010-09-28 07:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a good film imo - What I expected from a Resident Evil film anyway :/

But was I the only one who expected Alexia Ashford to show up somewhere? Those red and things were just too conspicuous.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-28 07:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people really think Milla Jovovich is hot!?
She looks like a reject from The L Word.
By Flionheart 2010-09-28 07:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://millasmilk.ytmnd.com/

That is all
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Joyroth
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2010-09-28 07:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
That is quite possibly both the most epic and yet the most confusing thing I've ever seen.

And like a car crash, I couldn't stop watching.

So is your Avatar. . .it rocks!

Alexander.Jukie
Server: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2010-09-28 07:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played the games (Cos i hate the idea of being eaten, I'd just scream everytime a zombie attacked me), but I really liked this movie. I'm not saying it's a work of art. I went to see it with the expectation that there was gonna be lots of visually cool wire-worked stunt fights and lots of guns. Although seeing it in 3D I had to cover my eyes a bit for scary bits. It was at least better than the previous movie Extinction. And Milla is hot.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-28 07:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Do people really think Milla Jovovich is hot!?
She looks like a reject from The L Word.
you're black, you wont understand.
First Page 2