Worth Coming Back?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » worth coming back?
worth coming back?
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-20 16:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
I find it funny how ppl now say E Body and Dalmy sucks (well there is a "better" dalmy from Abyssea now) but I dont see E body getting bad yet in awhile. I'm one of the few remaining who also see Ridill still a viable good zerg weapon. Ppl are now saying that as well are crap.
First off Ridill in a 1 hand zerg situation from what I remember always took 3rd behind kraken/Octave > Mkirs > Ridill So while it's an ok Zerg weap you can get a better weap from AH without doing HNM for months and months. (outside zerg Magian kills Ridill and again no camping HNM and shitty drop rates.)

E-body isn't dead for which job? For war you would be correct but as for drk if you don't have dusk+1 then yes its dead 5/5 Perle wins over Ebody/Homam3/Turban(now granted I didn't check your gear so you might have dusk+1) it might be making a come back with the new af3+ gears. But with how good hands/feet/legs are I would imagine the body will be the final nail in Ebody's coffin.

I have no idea if it is dead for bst..someone else would have to answer this.

Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-20 16:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

But I guess I missed this whole threads point.

From my point of view I would come back..this is easy to say since I haven't ever left. FF is SOOO much different now, almost everything has changed and for the better imo. Low manning NMs, missions, quests and new zones to explore with shittons of Mobs and NMs to hunt. When I first started I loved nothing more than to xp/merit but one of the things I was worried about most was the Xp grind. Xp is so nice now that I now have much more time to do the fun things.

It's to bad that so many good ppl have quit because right now with a solid group of friends FF hasn't been more fun. The whole time limit does blow and you can certainly fly thru stones but everytime im in abyssea its a good time.

Only regret I have about Abyssea is getting 700 merits before lol..i'm sorry to all the pink little birds that died along the way.
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-09-20 17:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said:
stopped playing around may due to summer etc, wondering if its worth it to come back considering i've missed two level cap raises, and the release of ffxiv in a couple days. i'd love to come back and play but have been away from the ffxi scene for months.

I recommend you comeback if you'd like. I'm definitely going to continue playing even though FFXIV comes out. I actually doubt I will play FFXIV. SE itself is encouraging players to stay with both games. I quit around the same time you did and recently came back, I find the game really fun now.

You really don't have to worry about the level caps themselves, they are cake to complete. Not to mention EXP is ridiculously easy to obtain in Abyssea parties. Let me put it this way, this weekend I went from 80~85 on RDM, MNK, and RNG.
You could probably go from 75~85 in one party alone.
There's so much crap to do nowadays and it feels a lot more lax.

I will tell you this though, all (or most) of your gear you have/had is probably garbage now. Which is both good and bad at the same time. Good for those who had 'gimp' gear and bad for those who had 'e-peen' gear because with each and every update new gear is released which makes the old gear look like garbage. It's a double edge sword.

Either way, the game is shifting from a game which takes hours to accomplish one goal, to a relaxed "weekend warrior" style game play. Still fun in all its respects though.

[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-09-20 17:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't mind doing nothing but Abyssea, sure, come on back. To be honest, I'm flip-flopping on my Abyssea views. At first I thought it was cool, but now I don't really even play anymore...Abyssea has turned the game into like a never-ending Dynamis. The rare times I log in these days it's to low-man some of the older nm's I never had a chance to kill before.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 17:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh Abyssea puts me off playing XI ever again... I mean I actually enjoyed Sky and stuff, and it's just not done any more. I understand WHY they aren't done, but doing the same end-game over and over again is kinda boring.

That's why I hated HNM. Not so much the camping, the repetitive nature of it.

Also atma are silly.