Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » new here...
new here...
By Makkenshi 2010-09-19 02:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

hey all, i just got back to the game after a 4 year break, and i have a couple questions:

1. what's the best way for someone just starting out to make gil these days?

2. is it easier to solo now, and what are the best jobs and places for soloing?

Also I was wondering if anyone knows the whereabouts of an old friend of mine, Snowe, from Bismarck (thier original character was Sares, also from Bismarck, if they even have that character anymore). it's probably a long shot, but I'll be surprised if anything turns up.

thanks!
 Diabolos.Renavi
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-09-19 02:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Depends, fishing can make decent gil if you have patience.

2. Yes, easier/faster to solo than before. Everything has their strengths/weaknesses, so obviously DD's will do better soloing than Mage's and stuff. /DNC(Dancer) is a pretty good sub for any job wanting to solo. Use Fields of Valor for more EXP.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-09-19 02:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fishing won't work until you are level 20 though, remember that.
By Serristhethief 2010-09-24 22:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Where and what should one fish? Im a lvl 22 thf (soloing), completely new to the game, and was wondering about this...
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-24 23:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Makkenshi said:
hey all, i just got back to the game after a 4 year break, and i have a couple questions:

1. what's the best way for someone just starting out to make gil these days?

2. is it easier to solo now, and what are the best jobs and places for soloing?

Also I was wondering if anyone knows the whereabouts of an old friend of mine, Snowe, from Bismarck (thier original character was Sares, also from Bismarck, if they even have that character anymore). it's probably a long shot, but I'll be surprised if anything turns up.

thanks!

I'd honestly look at the prices of stacks of crystals on your server above all. There's hardly anyone on ff11 atm that's leveling low lvl jobs so I'd bet selling stacks of crystals could be pretty profitable at present time. After that when you get higher just look on the AH's to see what items are hot and farm them up.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-09-24 23:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Serristhethief said:
Where and what should one fish? Im a lvl 22 thf (soloing), completely new to the game, and was wondering about this...

Check out the wiki link for fishing, there are guides near the bottom of it.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fishing

You can also use this search function to see the going rates for different fish and which ones will net you more profit.

If you plan on taking fishing up, you may want to look into cooking as well.
 Bahamut.Razorback
Server: Bahamut
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2010-09-24 23:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed a rise in wind crystal prices since abyssea came along. Less bird parties and the stacks of crystals that come with.
Just sell stacks (or singles depending on prices) of all the drops you get while exping. Add to that the little boost of exp you can get from FoV.
Then theres the old relibles like beehive chips, honey, silk thread, maybe lizzard skins, some ores from worms..anything. Alot 1k for a stack of whatever is 1k more than you had before. I'm in no way a multi millionare but the little gil from these kinda things keeps me going on Outpost fees or other little day to day costs leaving my 'big gil' for gear etc.

Another option once you can get going ingame is gardening. I think they put a restriction on it for new ppl but if you look up the recipes with Wildgrass Seeds you can get nice profits just by NPCing the harvest. You'll need Whitegate access before you can do that. Unless you have a friend that can get you the seeds. For a garden of 10 pots you'll get on average 20k per character.