Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Caller's Feet
Caller's Feet
 Leviathan.Lexington
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-09-18 23:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just wondering if anyone's had any luck getting these yet. Me and some friends were in Vunkerl Inlet almost all day yesterday and only saw COR, SAM and NIN feet drop from the big gold chests. I quested for ages to get the seals but I'm starting to think the feet are a myth xD
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-09-19 15:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda get the feeling they messed up with caller's pigaches drops, i have yet to see or hear someone have them, also on wiki it doesn't list them in the vunkerl main page as chest drop, but says so on caller's pigaches page :/

I also want to know if these can actually drop yet, i don't want to waste hours of abyssea time trying to get them if they don't drop at all.

Its frustrating because i have the 8 feet seals waiting to upgrade ._.;
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-09-20 00:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saw an afk SMN with the +1, so they do exist lol
 Leviathan.Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-09-20 00:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick send tells asking if it was Vunkerl Inlet xD
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2010-09-20 23:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I can attest that the feet do drop in Vunk, just stupidly rare like most feet in the new zones. We were doing Puks as our mob, and took over 300ish kills according to a Magian trial before we had one pop up. Had x2 SAM prior to that.

For those also curious, I didn't seem to notice any real difference in seal rewards on the quest in Vunk for SMN and the other jobs, with weight affect on, as far as heavy or light goes. Just takes alot of time and dedication with a great margin of luck, and you might get to sport around in +1 Shoes sooner than later.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-09-21 20:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Vunk pt last night, SAM X2 PUP x2 and NIN, no SMN FFFUUUUUU
And those who still need the seals, be prepared to use a LOT of stones if you're unlucky, took me around 30 traverser stones to get 8 seals -.-
 Leviathan.Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-09-21 20:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
And those who still need the seals, be prepared to use a LOT of stones if you're unlucky, took me around 30 traverser stones to get 8 seals -.-

30 ouch, I think I might have used like 12 ? I dunno xD I'm working on the head seals now climbing that damn mountain >.< About 12 runs so far SMN 1, WAR 2 - the game is obsessed with giving me WAR seals. I got 12 of them from the leg quest.. xD
 Titan.Eiryn
Server: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-09-21 20:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen smnx3 drop so far so they exist, still haven't seen cor drop personally so I think its just random which one happens to be "rare."
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-09-21 21:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lexington said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

30 ouch, I think I might have used like 12 ? I dunno xD I'm working on the head seals now climbing that damn mountain >.< About 12 runs so far SMN 1, WAR 2 - the game is obsessed with giving me WAR seals. I got 12 of them from the leg quest.. xD

LOL me and a smn friend spent some time doing the feet seals quest together with his BRD and mazurka, he got 5 WAR in a row at one point
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-09-21 22:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I did that quest with the weight effect a few times the other day and I did the exploit where you kill yourself then reraise to lift the effect. It's a great way to do the heavy pack w/o walking there lol. I was on WHM so RR3 wasn't much of an EXP loss. Besides, the exp you'd lose could be recovered in, what, 5 minutes of abyssea? D=
 Leviathan.Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-09-21 22:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:
I did that quest with the weight effect a few times the other day and I did the exploit where you kill yourself then reraise to lift the effect. It's a great way to do the heavy pack w/o walking there lol. I was on WHM so RR3 wasn't much of an EXP loss. Besides, the exp you'd lose could be recovered in, what, 5 minutes of abyssea? D=

Thats how I actually started this quest with the heavy runs as WHM with RR3 but then saw doing the light weight gave the same rewards (wasn't too worried about the credits you earn).

So Corsair with Crimson Cuisses + Bolter's Roll really speeds things up xD
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-09-22 09:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i would agree , all feet have a dumb low drop rate . I spent 3.5-4 hrs in Attowa , Maxed out Amber and Pearl after doin the obligatory Azure build on Rock Murex (my new fave Mob) . After those 3 were maxed we jumped back and forth with Magic and Amber lights for Blue and Brown chests . we only saw WHM WAR and BLM drop with well over 2hrs of Brown chests droppin . Well rewarded with minimal time investment my *** . GEEV UP THA FEETZ
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2010-09-24 16:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mikumaru said:
i would agree , all feet have a dumb low drop rate . I spent 3.5-4 hrs in Attowa , Maxed out Amber and Pearl after doin the obligatory Azure build on Rock Murex (my new fave Mob) . After those 3 were maxed we jumped back and forth with Magic and Amber lights for Blue and Brown chests . we only saw WHM WAR and BLM drop with well over 2hrs of Brown chests droppin . Well rewarded with minimal time investment my *** . GEEV UP THA FEETZ

You were in the wrong zone, obviously.

WHM WAR and BLM feet don't drop in the same zone as SMN.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2010-09-27 07:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mikumaru said:

The Caller's Pigaches only appear in Golden Chests in Abyssea - Vunkerl.