users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What would you want to see in FFXI that isnt ther
What would you want to see in FFXI that isnt ther
 Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter 2010-09-18 03:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always wanted them to open up that area of The Colosseum that's designated for PvP combat. It's already there. Makes you wonder why SE hasn't opened it up.

The Ninja tool belt is a great idea. Would free up a lot of space. To add on to that idea, it would be cool if linkpearls/shells didn't take up individual inventory slots, or if there was a Linkpearl bag that only took up one inventory space, and was able to contain all of them.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-18 03:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter said:
I've always wanted them to open up that area of The Colosseum that's designated for PvP combat. It's already there. Makes you wonder why SE hasn't opened it up.

The Ninja tool belt is a great idea. Would free up a lot of space. To add on to that idea, it would be cool if linkpearls/shells didn't take up individual inventory slots, or if there was a Linkpearl bag that only took up one inventory space, and was able to contain all of them.
^this by far best idea
... I do always wonder why the colosseum has never opened up, would be an awesome idea. something different then brener/balista though,

the linkpear/shell bag idea would be awesome, along with what others have said about different equipment/weapons/food/etc.. slots or tabs, for better organization would be epic
 Sylph.Kittty
Server: Sylph
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-09-18 10:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
^this by far best idea
... I do always wonder why the colosseum has never opened up, would be an awesome idea. something different then brener/balista though,

This. And more jobs like Time Mage or Geomancer or Calculator or... *gets bored and runs off to play FFTactics* On a serious note, when SE teased about another tank job as Judge a few April Fools Day ago, that would be nice, having another tank other than PLD and NIN.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
Server: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-09-18 10:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

- The ability to store more gear sets (particularly the Abyssean sets, including the upgraded AF3 pieces).
- The ability to be on one job and seek for another - and don't give me /seacom as the answer to this. I mean some interface type of thing where you could "check off" (mark, however you want to say it) the jobs for which you are interested in seeking a party. Probably too late for this kind of revamp, though.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-18 10:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like The Moon to be added as a zone for the final Heroes of Abyssea mini-battle field add-on.

I would like the ability to store greater amounts of merits or spend them on the fly.

I would like a new expansion pack with a new continent with Tenzen's home included.

I would like Dynamis to be instanced.

I would like certain older content to be retro-patched to have rewards on par with new content. [Such as Campaign/Besieged having greater exp reward on par with Bastion/new stuff you can buy with points/easier to get to Fiat Lux]

I would like to see Magian Trials added to old EG content gear.

I would like additional incentive placed on doing Ballista, Brenner and Chocobo Racing such as additional in game rare/ex gear.

I would like gear to be stored in seperate inventory packs for each job. When switching job you should have a common pack/inventory grouping for things such as consumables/craftables/AHables/tools/etc that maybe takes up 15 slots and the rest of your slots should switch to a new jobs pack that already contains all your gear for that job.

I would like all of the Elemental Ninja Tools to be converted to one single type of Ninja Tool and possibly NIN and /NIN given a second inventory grouping specifically to store Ninja Tools.

BTW Everything stated here could easily be done on the PS2.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-18 10:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kittty said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
^this by far best idea

This. And more jobs like Time Mage or Geomancer or Calculator or... *gets bored and runs off to play FFTactics* On a serious note, when SE teased about another tank job as Judge a few April Fools Day ago, that would be nice, having another tank other than PLD and NIN.
That wasn't SE. That was FFXI wiki or Allakhazam. They always have an April Fools joke.
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-09-18 10:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

mm I think they should add a new set of expansions that will cost only 10$ each(even though in a few months you can buy the whole game +every expansion for 10$) Then in these said expansions i hope they implement a leveling system that, while totally awesome, can spawn more gimp ppl. And they should introduce new gear that trumps most stuff that i've worked for only a few years(ill get those back right?) This should be fun right? ^^!!! /hurray

<3ffxi XD
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-18 10:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What would you want to see in FFXI that isnt there?

Bazaarable AF seals!

Edit: I've gotten 4 BLM seal feet just today >< I've tossed closed to 10 of the BLM seals, and all in all I've only gotten 5 NIN seals (the ones I want ofc).

If I could I wouldnt even bother to charge to get rid oof the blm seals, would just be nice if they came to use rather than tossed.
 Cerberus.Blackpain
Server: Cerberus
user: Rogue
By Cerberus.Blackpain 2010-09-18 10:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though its been asked for and SE has said no on many occasions I would like to have a race change quest. I don't want it to be something you pay for like a server change or anything cause that is just dumb to pay for it. But to change the race only once and only once to go back to original. Not everyone made the best choice when they first started is all I'm saying. Keep in mind you can change nations just as easy.

Secondly I would like to see gear redesigns. Not exactly sure what the proper term for it would be but I've seen it in several other MMO's. You basically get two of said armor or weapon and trade to NPC with in game currency and change the look of the item. It keeps the name and stats of original but has the overall look of the second item. You could even give it the augmented symbol for it being changed. Lets face it there aren't many good looking gears in FFXI and the ones you like don't last that long. This could work on armor and weapons just like in other MMO's.
 Lakshmi.Septroth
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2010-09-18 10:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Quote:

Bazaarable AF seals!

Edit: I've gotten 4 BLM seal feet just today >< I've tossed closed to 10 of the BLM seals, and all in all I've only gotten 5 NIN seals (the ones I want ofc).

If I could I wouldnt even bother to charge to get rid oof the blm seals, would just be nice if they came to use rather than tossed.

I know blms that would like to murder you right now
 Lakshmi.Kyi
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-18 10:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Septroth said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Quote:

Bazaarable AF seals!

You could always invite a blm to join you
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-18 11:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia said:
mm I think they should add a new set of expansions that will cost only 10$ each(even though in a few months you can buy the whole game +every expansion for 10$) Then in these said expansions i hope they implement a leveling system that, while totally awesome, can spawn more gimp ppl. And they should introduce new gear that trumps most stuff that i've worked for only a few years(ill get those back right?) This should be fun right? ^^!!! /hurray

<3ffxi XD

Its not the wining that counts but the taking part. Yes you have had hours of fun getting your previous gear, now you get to have hours of more fun getting the new stuff.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-09-18 11:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Many great idea's but most come down to the age old issue of.. PS2 limitations.

So mine would be to ditch PS2 support and crack on with some of the above.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-18 11:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
I would like The Moon to be added as a zone for the final Heroes of Abyssea mini-battle field add-on.

I would like the ability to store greater amounts of merits or spend them on the fly.

I would like a new expansion pack with a new continent with Tenzen's home included.

I would like certain older content to be retro-patched to have rewards on par with new content. [Such as Campaign/Besieged having greater exp reward on par with Bastion/new stuff you can buy with points/easier to get to Fiat Lux]

I would like additional incentive placed on doing Ballista, Brenner and Chocobo Racing such as additional in game rare/ex gear.

I would like gear to be stored in seperate inventory packs for each job. When switching job you should have a common pack/inventory grouping for things such as consumables/craftables/AHables/tools/etc that maybe takes up 15 slots and the rest of your slots should switch to a new jobs pack that already contains all your gear for that job.

I would like all of the Elemental Ninja Tools to be converted to one single type of Ninja Tool and possibly NIN and /NIN given a second inventory grouping specifically to store Ninja Tools.

This could work but have 2 separate packs bit like the belt idea, backpack for crafting stuff and a belt with all the job related stuff. You would need to think about the subjob items and how you would work those in ie rdm/nin would the job have the sub job items for nin?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-18 11:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Lakshmi.Septroth said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Quote:

Bazaarable AF seals!

You could always invite a blm to join you

Join me and watch me do a quest and get a seal they want, but I cant give them?

Makes sense.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-09-18 11:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Sylph.Kittty said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
^this by far best idea

That wasn't SE. That was FFXI wiki or Allakhazam. They always have an April Fools joke.

Necromancer with the ability to recall the mobs you have just killed and help kill the next set.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Unicorn.Booz
Server: Unicorn
user: thebooz
By Unicorn.Booz 2010-09-18 11:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Would love to see a ps3 version of this game that way they can drop the ps2 and upgrade alot of things. Now as for in game better weapon skills that dont suck *** new spells like confus or reflect or float (hate not being able to dd flying dragons).

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Cevlina
Server: Asura
user: Cevlina
By Asura.Cevlina 2010-09-18 11:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Mime Job.

BRIGHT SKY BLUE Monk Exclusive Gear Set.

Grip-like items for Monk.

BICYCLE KICK MONK WS!
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-18 11:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Would like to see 24/32 hour abilities added.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-18 11:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Mime

Geomancer

Onion Knight

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-18 11:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

This could work but have 2 separate packs bit like the belt idea, backpack for crafting stuff and a belt with all the job related stuff. You would need to think about the subjob items and how you would work those in ie rdm/nin would the job have the sub job items for nin?
Just group the following.

> Spoils/Consumables common. - Food/AHables/Tools/Mob spoils/Craftables/Crystals.

> Gear common. or - Gear used by multiple jobs.

> Gear uncommon. or - Job Exclusive gear. [This is what would change every time you change your job.]
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-18 12:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Would like to see 24/32 hour abilities added.
Would be insanely strong I'm sure lol, but I'd say a 6 hour ability is more than enough and maybe a 12 hour one.

24/32 hour JAs is just too much wait for it to be considered anywhere good, but then again you have COR's 2hr, which resets these JAs which would make them irrelevant to the amount of recast it has, unless it isn't reset by anything except the actual timer itself.
Just this late in the game I wouldn't mind some crazy ***like Dragoons turning into Giant Wyrms, Summoners summoning forth Bahamut or Black Mages turning into Jets etc.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-09-18 12:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyi said:
Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia said:

<3ffxi XD

Its not the wining that counts but the taking part. Yes you have had hours of fun getting your previous gear, now you get to have hours of more fun getting the new stuff.

i wouldnt be playing or buying the expansions if this wasnt a joke<.< i <3 ffxi ._.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-09-18 13:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

4 Seasons... Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall for all zones.. it would be awesome to see the changes in each season.
[+]
By Tessio 2010-09-18 13:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

boobs or gtfo
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-18 13:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

<insert troll face here>
A game that isn't in it's final death throes..

Rate downs, go!
[+]