U Can Get Fined For Not Recycling?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » u can get fined for not recycling?
u can get fined for not recycling?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-17 15:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Is it general waste recycling, or one specific instance of recycling? A lot of cities will nail you if you say, throw away a big, toxic item like a computer without taking it to a proper recycling center. Because that's actually kind of a big deal.

But I've never heard of them saying "You did not put your cans in the correct bin! 25 demerits!"

its the cans in the bin...

the letter says "We've noticed your household hasn't been recycling"

and i dont know why they'd even look into something like that

i will bet you dollars to donuts that letter did not come from your government

what you have is a crazy liberal environazi with a recycling gris-gris who gets off on controlling other people

he/she(probably she) drafted up an official looking letter and letterhead and proceeded to try to scare you into doing what she wanted you to do

i'm pretty sure it's a letter you can safely ignore, if you don't want to take chances, call up the "sender" and see if it is valid

i might do that, its probly just a tree hugging *** anyways!

i don't think the government is walking down your street, checking out your recycling bin, and "noticing you haven't been recycling very much"
i don't have a recycling bin :/
:D
i recycle cans though.
>.>
<.<
so i guess that could be considered to be a bin. but *** giving money to our city for that ***when they half-*** it anyway.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-09-17 15:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I've seen less smoke and toxic waste come from a coal power plant than the pollution that comes out of a recycling plant.
Alot of that is cause nowadays there are a rediculous amount of restrictions on them. From how they can burn it too what they can let out etc etc. It's to the point where it is very cost inefficient to do that. Hence part of the energy problems we were/are facing. And part of the reason there has been so much work on nuclear energy finally after decades of pretty much nothing
We can only dream that some day people will see in the value in nuclear power...

Yeah I was trying to think of something that produces a lot of pollution, forgot about all that new clean coal stuff. Haven't really read much about it.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-17 15:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel I do my part to help the earth.. I buy used, not new, I fix my old, rather than buy new... Mainly because it costs less and I'm cheap.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-17 15:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I just smear all my recyclables with food waste and feces so that they become not recyclable.
/:D
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-17 15:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, I'd start looking for a loophole. That, or start paying and from now on call in on any little incovenience in the city. I DO know that in many cities; your trash service and sewage are added in on your water bill, but I doubt that helps in any way.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-17 15:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I've seen less smoke and toxic waste come from a coal power plant than the pollution that comes out of a recycling plant.
Alot of that is cause nowadays there are a rediculous amount of restrictions on them. From how they can burn it too what they can let out etc etc. It's to the point where it is very cost inefficient to do that. Hence part of the energy problems we were/are facing. And part of the reason there has been so much work on nuclear energy finally after decades of pretty much nothing
We can only dream that some day people will see in the value in nuclear power...

Yeah I was trying to think of something that produces a lot of pollution, forgot about all that new clean coal stuff. Haven't really read much about it.
Most of the heads of the major treehugging organizations release the value of nuclear power. Largely due to self regulation and such it is one of the cleanest sources of power. Not to mention the efficiency.

Um how about anything in China :)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-09-17 16:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Most of the heads of the major treehugging organizations release the value of nuclear power. Largely due to self regulation and such it is one of the cleanest sources of power. Not to mention the efficiency.

Um how about anything in China :)
I worked at a junk yard awhile back ago for like 6 months, doing computer work, and at one point my boss was like see all these tires here, we're gonna shred and sell them to the Chinese so then can burn them for fuel. My mission was to get a hold of the Chinese consulate and negotiate a price per ton. It was like dirt cheap too. They just wanted to get rid of them.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-09-17 16:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
I feel I do my part to help the earth.. I buy used, not new, I fix my old, rather than buy new... Mainly because it costs less and I'm cheap.
The earth is fine and will be for many years to come. The time we should start worrying about the planet is the year 6 Billion when the sun will engulf it. Until then it's humanity that's in trouble.
By Flionheart 2010-09-17 16:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I see my carbon footprint as an achievement. The bigger I get it, the better I feel.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-09-17 16:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
I see my carbon footprint as an achievement. The bigger I get it, the better I feel.
Carbon Credits GO! lmao
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-17 16:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Yeah how can you make a difference by making less of a difference!?! Makes no sense
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-17 16:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Flionheart said:
Yeah how can you make a difference by making less of a difference!?! Makes no sense

omg lmao
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-17 17:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
recycling is good when its not forced.

So recycling is like sex?

you've got it all backwards