RMT Warning
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-16 16:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to let everyone know....
Got a /tell on phoenix server today from lvl 1 char. named Prompt, the message was "Congratulation! you are chosen as a winner of ffxi prize activities please login in http://www.ff11playonline.com/ and take your prize

As most of you know this stuff has been goin on for a while, but wanted to let those who might fall prey to this kinda crap to watch out

Sent a GM call, no idea if they caught him in time before /log off delete account/
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-16 16:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. If you're stupid enough to fall for this ***, you deserve to lose your account. The more 'valuable' your account, only increases just how much you deserve to lose it if you fall for this ***.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-16 16:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have to agree.. im just trying to look out for those who may be new to the game, and not know any better
[+]
 Valefor.Shortnfat
By Valefor.Shortnfat 2010-09-16 17:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious; if you really wanna do something about RMT, why are you posting the URL here? Wise up and edit that ***outta your OP. Instead try saying something like "I was sent the URL to an obviously disreputable website that would undoubtedly set lolcookies and/or ask me to do something really *** stupid like enter my password and compromise my account."

Maybe even give a description....but don't go posting the URL. When I see that, an immediate red flag goes up that YOU are advertising for RMT and deserve copious amounts of wrath.
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-16 17:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
Got a /tell on phoenix server today from lvl 1 char. named Prompt, the message was "Congratulation! you are chosen as a winner of ffxi prize activities please login in http://www.ff11playonline.com/ and take your prize

As most of you know this stuff has been goin on for a while, but wanted to let those who might fall prey to this kinda crap to watch out

Sent a GM call, no idea if they caught him in time before /log off delete account/

Well what are you waiting for..

LOG ON AND GET YOUR PRIZE NOW !!!
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-09-16 17:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

But you do get a prize! Your life back! jk jk
The way it seems, short, he most likely copied that from the logs. Simple as that. Or it can be seen as "Hey, this is the link, so don't go to it."
I thank you for the warning even though I know all about those. It is nice for anyone new. ^^ (though at least I can read that /tell XP)
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-16 17:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Shortnfat said:
I'm curious; if you really wanna do something about RMT, why are you posting the URL here? Wise up and edit that ***outta your OP. Instead try saying something like "I was sent the URL to an obviously disreputable website that would undoubtedly set lolcookies and/or ask me to do something really *** stupid like enter my password and compromise my account."

Maybe even give a description....but don't go posting the URL. When I see that, an immediate red flag goes up that YOU are advertising for RMT and deserve copious amounts of wrath.
o piss off.. .im giving a warning not telling you to go there... if i was promoting RMT i wouldnt be doing a warning id be telling you about how awesome the site is.. so STFU and go get your account hacked
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-16 17:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.. If you're stupid enough to fall for this ***, you deserve to lose your account. The more 'valuable' your account, only increases just how much you deserve to lose it if you fall for this ***.

not sure why you got neg'd you should get +s

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

rofl this too +s
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-16 18:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

not sure why you got neg'd you should get +s

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

rofl this too +s

Maybe some people scorned cuz they were stupid enough to fall for this, or something similar? Lol..
[+]
 Valefor.Shortnfat
By Valefor.Shortnfat 2010-09-16 19:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ Degs, rating down posts over and over with different accounts from the same IP. Hello RMT
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-16 19:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Shortnfat said:
lol @ Degs, rating down posts over and over with different accounts from the same IP. Hello RMT

ur kind of a douchebag
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-16 20:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Shortnfat said:
the *** are you talking about?
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-16 20:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Valefor.Shortnfat said:

ur kind of a douchebag
Couldnt agree more ... ty guys and gals..

all i was trying to do here was look out for people... even tho most wouldnt fall for this kinda crap... who knows.. someone new to the game would.. hence my post
By Dmaul 2010-09-16 20:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Valefor.Shortnfat said:

ur kind of a douchebag

Yes, he is.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-16 21:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw something like that too the other day, figured it was an end game shell ...didnt even think it would be RMT sellers...
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-09-16 21:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There are already shitload of advertisements for selling FFXIV Gil online. Lolwut? I'm not in beta, but I'm hoping SE has done a better job dealing with the economy.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-16 22:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said:
There are already shitload of advertisements for selling FFXIV Gil online. Lolwut? I'm not in beta, but I'm hoping SE has done a better job dealing with the economy.

RMT are shouting in the beta selling 30k for $3 or something
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-09-16 22:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

its bad on all servers

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-16 23:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont.. not at all, that kind of sneaky crap, really pisses me off, that in order to make a buck they have to steal from people. big time ***.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-09-17 06:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's *** 2010, not 1993, no one needs to have their hand held while playing FFXI, the game does a good enough job prompting you not to fall for phishing websites and for suspicious tells in game, and not to give out your information to anyone, and that Square-Enix themselves will not request your user ID or password, because they verify your account via credit card / debit card number.

I agree with Slipispsycho, if they are that dumb to fall for it, they deserve to have their account taken from them, and everything stripped off, they would just be another member of our community running around in heca gear thinking that the slow on the gear applies to the mob when you hit them (had run into someone that had tried their hardest to get me to believe this.)
 Bismarck.Zergling
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zergling 2010-09-17 07:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Please hold my hand ;;
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-17 07:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
I dont.. not at all, that kind of sneaky crap, really pisses me off, that in order to make a buck they have to steal from people. big time ***.

They are not stealing. They are being given the information by internet amateurs and idiots who can not read.

So hacking into peoples accounts and taking their gil and items isn't stealing? Cause RMT's do that. Oh yea they also bot nms and claim fishing spots. Both of those things some people also consider to be stealing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-17 07:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Shortnfat said:
I'm curious; if you really wanna do something about RMT, why are you posting the URL here? Wise up and edit that ***outta your OP. Instead try saying something like "I was sent the URL to an obviously disreputable website that would undoubtedly set lolcookies and/or ask me to do something really *** stupid like enter my password and compromise my account." Maybe even give a description....but don't go posting the URL. When I see that, an immediate red flag goes up that YOU are advertising for RMT and deserve copious amounts of wrath.

I'm glad he posted the URL. I had fun submitting a bunch of fake IDs and Passswords.
[+]
By Halfpint 2010-09-17 15:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...beta closes out on 19th....why would anyone gil for a game that is going to be eliminated ??...not real bright there
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-17 15:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

They are not stealing. They are being given the information by internet amateurs and idiots who can not read.

So hacking into peoples accounts and taking their gil and items isn't stealing? Cause RMT's do that. Oh yea they also bot nms and claim fishing spots. Both of those things some people also consider to be stealing.
It's pretty rare RMT actually hacks into an account.. More often then not they're given the information by the owner because the owner is a retard that thinks they just got lucky and can't seem to spot the scam, even though they're easily spotted a mile away.. That or the account owner downloads some dubious software that's laced with a key logger (usually something they shouldn't be using anyways, like a bot) or goes to some site that's sent to them in game, that one way or another keylogs your account info, again something they should know better then to do..

Pretty much, you have to be an idiot for RMT to get your account, and if you're stupid enough to risk it, risk all your work, over the stuff mentioned above, you deserve to lose your account and I hope SE doesn't baby you and hold your hand and give you your account back.. You just learned a very valuable life lesson.. If you learn this lesson now the hard way, maybe you won't be duped when you're 70 by someone going door to door offering to repave your driveway or some other home improvement (that's quite common around here)
 Diabolos.Rydiya
Server: Diabolos
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-09-17 16:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

..Or duped by a Nigerian 419 Scam.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-17 16:08:07